chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

Mormon Mitt and Bisexual Krysten are gonna make an amazing buddy pic. 

2 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Mormon Mitt and Bisexual Krysten are gonna make an amazing buddy pic. 

Kyrsten is also an Ex-Mo, but not to the point of dislike of Mormonism altogether, IIRC

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

Scientists there hope to have one million doses ready by September

that only leaves them about  7.799 billion short. But it's a start.....

32 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

The magnitude of Trump's ignorance is matched only by his total unawareness of it.

That anyone as absolutely dangerously ignorant as Trump could ascend to the office he has is the best thing that ever happened for an autocrat like Putin or Xi to defend the argument that democracy is far too risky and damaged a system to embrace in their countries.

The US used to be a beacon to those yearning for a better way, now we have become a cautionary tale dictators can cite to justify themselves.

Shoot disinfectant into the body to kill a virus. 

Launch nukes into a hurricane. 

Try the malaria vaccine, what could it hurt? 

At what point does he realize all of his ideas are stupid and dangerous. The problem is he just has no regard for human life. There's no way he'd want to try any of that. But for other people, sure. 

pop quiz:

1) Who shut down the juggalo gathering?

a) ICP

b) President of the United States

2) Who told the juggalos to ingest bleach?

a) ICP

b) President of the United States

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The hard news right now is that while many places have come down off the peak case rates, most are seeing pretty slow decay. It's falling but nowhere near as rapidly as it built

19 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I'm going to ask my doctor for a Lysol enema. I'll tell her Trump told me to get one.

I guess if that's your preferred method of injection. I'll go with a shot in the shoulder. 

I feel like that sort of comment would really tank the **** out of any other president.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I think that is to be expected with a highly infectious disease paired with test data lag.

I was looking at Italy's numbers since they are fairly far along. They are roughly 30 days past their peak case rate of 6000/day and they have seen a 55% decrease in the case rate to 2700/day. Sure some of that is that fewer cases are being missed, but if the decay half life  is going to hang around at nearly 30 days that would be worse news than expected I think. OTOH maybe what we see in the Italy numbers is that the disease is  rolling through regional populations with different initial R values and that if we looked at a finer regional scale decay would be faster. That seems to be the case in NYC where by eyeballing it, it looks like the new case rate is falling faster than that, but I didn't find a source with the same level of numerical detail.

60M people are dying to vote for this moron. Even if Biden wins, we are stuck with this dead weight.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Melody said:

Chris Cuomo’s wife shares the secret to their miraculous recovery from Covid19.  https://thepuristonline.com/2020/04/chris-cuomos-corona-protocol-week-two/

I guess this explains why it was safe from him to be walking around in public in the Hamptons without a mask during his quarantine period.  Must be those bleach baths. And why her quarantine only lasted like a week.  But whatever. 

That’s the thing where he went to check out one of his undeveloped properties, no one else was there, and some bicyclist razzed him for it, isn’t it? That comes from some columnist from the New York Post, doesn’t it? Or was it Inside Edition?

8 minutes ago, chasfh said:

That’s the thing where he went to check out one of his undeveloped properties, no one else was there, and some bicyclist razzed him for it, isn’t it? That comes from some columnist from the New York Post, doesn’t it? Or was it Inside Edition?

Um.. quarantine means stay in your house.  Geez.  Sounds like a BS excuse to me.

What do you think about the magical chlorox baths?  I am no doctor but  breathing chlorine doesn’t   sound like a good idea for lung issues to me.

I wonder what the curve would look like if we were testing the same kind of symptoms a month ago that we are testing now?  Meaning we’d have had a lot more positives in March and early April. I know of someone who had all the symptoms but only a 101 fever.  102 was the threshold for a test.  

14 minutes ago, Melody said:

Um.. quarantine means stay in your house.  Geez.  Sounds like a BS excuse to me.

Sounds overblown by sketchy sources to me. Really, who gives a flying s*** about Chris Cuomo?

14 minutes ago, Melody said:

What do you think about the magical chlorox baths?  I am no doctor but  breathing chlorine doesn’t   sound like a good idea for lung issues to me.

I’m against it.

Strange question. Did you think I’d be a fan?