chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

The wife (as true a blue dog dem as they come) just said..."my god I can actually follow what Pence is saying!"

Went next door to hang with my mom next door for a bit today.   She was hesitant to let me inside the door ... because she went to the grocery store yesterday.  Concerned about giving me corona cooties she got at the store and me passing them to my husband.  No concern for her own health.  Poor thing watches CNN all day every day and is pretty freaked out about it, worried about her family.  Makes me sad on so many levels.   She spent a long career as an ER nurse at a charity hospital and handled every kind of plague known to man without fear.  

15 minutes ago, Melody said:

Went next door to hang with my mom next door for a bit today.   She was hesitant to let me inside the door ... because she went to the grocery store yesterday.  Concerned about giving me corona cooties she got at the store and me passing them to my husband.  No concern for her own health.  Poor thing watches CNN all day every day and is pretty freaked out about it, worried about her family.  Makes me sad on so many levels.   She spent a long career as an ER nurse at a charity hospital and handled every kind of plague known to man without fear.  

Don't be sad. The largest loss for most of the elderly in our society is the opportunity to commit meaningful acts. If she can still do something to take care of you, it enriches her existence.

• Like 1

Apparently Trump is going to cut Corona viruses payroll taxes

4 hours ago, tiger337 said:

This is all BS.  You have demonstrated over and over again that your only goal in your posts is to show your loyalty to Trump and the Trumpian party.  If a Democrat was president and not taking the virus seriously, you would be calling him incompetent.  You would also be blaming the recent market plunge on that president.  

The post had nothing to do with Trump. It's panic incited by a media that has an agenda. Simple as that. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

The post had nothing to do with Trump. It's panic incited by a media that has an agenda. Simple as that. 

That's exactly what Trump says.

1 minute ago, stanpapi said:

It has everything to do with Trump.  All his supporters are angry about the panic, because they are afraid it makes  him look bad.  Otherwise, they wouldn't care.

Personally, I am not all that concerned about it yet, but people that know a lot more about epidemiology than me are saying it has the potential to get really bad.  So, I think it should be taken seriously.  

25 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

I assume that Prime Minister Conte of Italy has decided to take the drastic step of halting his countries economy because of the dastardly mainstream media too, right?

Do you realize how dumb you sound?

• Thanks 3

My grandmother is 94 years old and lives in Italy. Sounds like things are getting real over there. She is fine. I actually feel better she is in Italy then in the US. 

32 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

It has everything to do with Trump.  All his supporters are angry about the panic, because they are afraid it makes  him look bad.  Otherwise, they wouldn't care.

Personally, I am not all that concerned about it yet, but people that know a lot more about epidemiology than me are saying it has the potential to get really bad.  So, I think it should be taken seriously.  

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with the economy. So this doesn't "make him look bad", or good, for that matter. It's a "crisis" that is no different than any other previous viral outbreak. It will end in a whimper, just like all the others did. 

I never said it shouldn't be taken seriously or that attempts shouldn't be made to stop the spread to save lives. Quarantining entire countries is a dramatic overreaction. Crazy.

8 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I assume that Prime Minister Conte of Italy has decided to take the drastic step of halting his countries economy because of the dastardly mainstream media too, right?

Do you realize how dumb you sound?

I happen to think he's nuts to shut his country down. 97 deaths out of 16M people. That's insanity. But that's what we do now. We overreact.

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Don't be sad. The largest loss for most of the elderly in our society is the opportunity to commit meaningful acts. If she can still do something to take care of you, it enriches her existence.

Yeah, I get that.  Just makes me sad that she has that worry.  She is smart, independent.  But I can't help but feel like the constant feed of cable news sensationalism is causing her to feel the need to isolate herself.    Not seeing an agenda, per se, at least not political.  Just a desire to keep  viewers engaged for profit.

5 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with the economy. So this doesn't "make him look bad", or good, for that matter. It's a "crisis" that is no different than any other previous viral outbreak. It will end in a whimper, just like all the others did. 

Trump is all about BS and marketing, so he wants to LOOK good.  There are people out there who think the crash is his fault and that scares him because it makes him look bad.  

Also, stop pretending to be an epidemiologist.  There is a good chance it will just fade away, but you don't know that.  You don't know **** about this virus.  People who know a lot more than you do believe there is potential for it become a big problem.  I know you are scared that your boy will look bad, but that's not how decisions should be made.   

One of Papi's posts after 120 people died in a country of 67 million.

So how many of these attacks happened in Detroit, Chicago, LA or Des Moines? That's right, it happened in Las Vegas while Trump was president. You have no credibility. 

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

One of Papi's posts after 120 people died in a country of 67 million.

So how many of these attacks happened in Detroit, Chicago, LA or Des Moines? That's right, it happened in Las Vegas while Trump was president. You have no credibility. 

Title of thread for the slow:

4 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Trump is all about BS and marketing, so he wants to LOOK good.  There are people out there who think the crash is his fault and that scares him because it makes him look bad.  

Also, stop pretending to be an epidemiologist.  There is a good chance it will just fade away, but you don't know that.  You don't know **** about this virus.  People who know a lot more than you do believe there is potential for it become a big problem.  I know you are scared that your boy will look bad, but that's not how decisions should be made.   

Stop pretending it's a virus from mars that has never been seen before. 

1 minute ago, stanpapi said:

Stop pretending it's a virus from mars that has never been seen before. 

I know it hurts to see your boy look bad handling a crisis.  He's had a pretty easy presidency up to this point, but the luck had to run out some time.  His only skills are BS and marketing and you can't BS a virus.  

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

I happen to think he's nuts to shut his country down. 97 deaths out of 16M people. That's insanity. But that's what we do now. We overreact.

The population is of his country is irrelevant. It's the amount of deaths against the overall number diagnosed that matters.

Either way, pretty sure the media isn't holding a metaphorical gun to the Italian PM's head and telling him to grind his country to a halt.

12 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Title of thread for the slow:

You were pissing your pants like diaper Don over attacks in France but do not care about a much more deadly virus in Italy that has actually spread to the US. 

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

The population is of his country is irrelevant. It's the amount of deaths against the overall number diagnosed that matters.

97 out of 9172.

1%. So shut the country down. 

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

You were pissing your pants like diaper Don over attacks in France but do not care about a much more deadly virus in Italy that has actually spread to the US. 

CNN wants the economy to tank so that Trump will look bad.  So, Italy is helping to make that happen.  It's so unfair.  

1 minute ago, tiger337 said:

CNN wants the economy to tank so that Trump will look bad.  So, Italy is helping to make that happen.  It's so unfair.  

I didn't say Italy was helping to make that happen. I said italy was stupid. You don't shut a country down over a virus. But to each their own.

Again, this is not surprising. I'm using trying to use logic against people who believe in Russian conspiracies and Ukraine quid pro quo. This is the latest "fell for it" board moment. I'm starting to lose count at how gullible you guys are.