chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

So long Maroth.   Think that last post is going to be your 20th loss.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

image.jpeg.58525e24ec09e0f9cb84f8eb6287a35e.jpeg

I’ll take my chances. I understand some folks are scared of the boomer remover.

The problem is, you will have to go to the hospital and use resources that could have been used on someone else. 

1 minute ago, Hongbit said:

So long Maroth.   Think that last post is going to be your 20th loss.   

For what making a joke. It literally is killing older folks. Everyone who disagrees with the group think here is banned. Yet people can name call and curse and that’s totally OK. Hypocrisy 

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The problem is, you will have to go to the hospital and use resources that could have been used on someone else. 

Oh like the made up ventilator death panels. Everyone who needed one is going to get one.

1 minute ago, wolverinefan said:

I enjoyed this thread when it was intelligent conversation. 

Apparently listening to trained immunologists, including the one who works for the administration, is "groupthink".

4 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

For what making a joke. It literally is killing older folks. Everyone who disagrees with the group think here is banned. Yet people can name call and curse and that’s totally OK. Hypocrisy 

This is how stupid you are. 

A moderator just lost her ******* father to the disease, and you think calling it a cheeky name like "boomer remover" is ok.

Also that, by getting banned, you will be the true victim. 

Also, that you're simply disagreeing with "groupthink". No, you're also acting like a c***. Stop. 

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Great more name calling

Saying you are stupid isn't calling you a name. Had I said "hey dickbag," that would be calling you a name. Apparently you're too stupid to realize that as well. 

14 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

You offer nothing of value in this discussion.  Not a single coherent thought. Nothing but hyperbole and inaccurate claims. I see these posts and wonder how people function in life without assistance.  

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

HOAX!

A 1 in 200 chance of death isn't really that rare. I mean sometimes when a friend rolled 3d6 and got 18 it was real.

3 hours ago, mtutiger said:

What a painfully dumb argument....

Everyone seemingly links to those CDC pages to "prove" that there were 61,000 flu-related deaths for the 2017-18 flu season however the first word on the page is ESTIMATED.

Am I missing something?

:alien:

10 minutes ago, The Ronz said:

Everyone seemingly links to those CDC pages to "prove" that there were 61,000 flu-related deaths for the 2017-18 flu season however the first word on the page is ESTIMATED.

Am I missing something?

The definition of estimated?

It’s mind boggling that people want to question the response based on lower than expected infection numbers or comparisons to a normal flu season. 

The numbers are lower because most of the country has spent almost a month in some type of quarantine.  I can’t even imagine how many more deaths we would have now had they chose to do nothing and keep everything open.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hongbit said:

It’s mind boggling that people want to question the response based on lower than expected infection numbers or comparisons to a normal flu.  The numbers are lower because most of the country has spent almost a month in some type of quarantine.  I can’t even imagine how many more deaths we would have now had they chose to do nothing and keep everything open.   

But we're the groupthinks. 

22 minutes ago, jaymo said:

The definition of estimated?

Believe it or not I know what estimated means.  ?

So what does this mean?

"Estimates for the 2017-2018 season are still preliminary and may change again once data on testing practices and deaths from the 2017-2018 season become available."

Are these charts estimating what the burden WILL BE for the 2017-18 flu season based on X number of deaths or an the estimation of  deaths that occurred during the 2017-18 flu season?

3 minutes ago, The Ronz said:

Believe it or not I know what estimated means.  ?

So what does this mean?

"Estimates for the 2017-2018 season are still preliminary and may change again once data on testing practices and deaths from the 2017-2018 season become available."

Are these charts estimating what the burden WILL BE for the 2017-18 flu season based on X number of deaths or an the estimation of  deaths that occurred during the 2017-18 flu season?

Best guess- some percentage of deaths are probably unclassified.

Over several years there is probably an average that can be used for flu deaths/deaths. Knowing the percentage of tests and positives for a specific year can refine this.

I saw that same conspiracy theory on my facebook.  It started on a right wing web site.  There was CDC data which showed that pneumonia deaths were down the past month supposedly because they were  being misclassified as Covid-19.  It turned out that pneumonia deaths were down due to incomplete data which always happens in the most recent month.  Republican senators say a lot of things.  That doesn't make them true.  It's pretty obvious that Covid-19 has become a huge political football.  I will listen to the scientists.         

2 hours ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

image.jpeg.58525e24ec09e0f9cb84f8eb6287a35e.jpeg

I’ll take my chances. I understand some folks are scared of the boomer remover.

You don't seem to know that the oldest boomer is 74.