chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

The issue with the media is that they are not reporting the real story. The real story is that Linda Tripp died, yet another person with connections to the Clinton's dead.

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The issue with the media is that they are not reporting the real story. The real story is that Linda Tripp died, yet another person with connections to the Clinton's dead.

Dang she was 70?

Monica looks pretty good today... I would.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

This serves as a reminder that we do get our cherished traditions of liberty from you guys, so, thanks for that! ?

Yep. So much.

Apparently around a third of Britons believe that police powers go too far as well. Or, alternatively, a third of Britons are idiots who deserve a thwack round the ear. You're becoming more like us by the day.

55 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

That and bouncy castles.

I believe they're all your fault. As much as I'd like to take credit for them. In my day we made do with trampolines strung over pits on grass alongside the promenade.

You people in Arkansas, who offended the Clintons 29 years ago...do you think that they don't have long memories?  You're wrong.

21 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Dang she was 70?

Monica looks pretty good today... I would.

Is she one of the five on your list? ?

41 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

The White House is preventing Dr. Fauci from appearing on CNN.

Have they made Joe Exotic secdef yet?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Didn't I see a commercial on CNN that there was a special about the virus with Magic Johnson? Seriously? Why not Joe Montana? Or Wayne Gretzky? Magic Johnson because he had HIV? This is about the stupidest thing I've heard since....Fox News?

49 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Allegedly because they want a May 4th stage one re-opening of things. 

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

Didn't I see a commercial on CNN that there was a special about the virus with Magic Johnson? Seriously? Why not Joe Montana? Or Wayne Gretzky? Magic Johnson because he had HIV? This is about the stupidest thing I've heard since....Fox News?

Magic Johnson could have the black plague, AIDS, stage 4 cancer, and be having a heart attack and still live through it. Him and Keith Richards should write a book on how to survive despite doing everything possible to kill yourself. 

3 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Allegedly because they want a May 4th stage one re-opening of things. 

Well, I guess we wouldn't want the expert ****ting on those plans.

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

I don't know if the Arab community has been hit hard in our area in terms of infection but there's a definite trend of them not adhering to social distancing guidelines.  So much so that a few community leaders had to specifically reach out to them to explain this is serious.  You'd go by parks last week and think it was the fourth of July.  

I think any community that's sort of isolated is at a higher risk.  Do they watch TV or the news?  

The bike path here is loaded any time the weather is nice.  I went there last week and it was crazy, so I left and ran on the streets.  

7 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

The majority of you people are driving around like this.

No they aren't and nobody is asking us to behave like that.  

I saw a conversation on Facebook yesterday among some people that I always considered fairly level headed (as far as left wing liberals in the music business go) and they were discussing how they are sanitizing their mail.  Some are putting it in the garage for a week before opening, and some are baking it in the over.  OMG.  I'm very germ aware.  Almost stood up and cheered when I read that Dr. Fauci made the statement that the practice of handshaking was probably going away forever.  I've never been comfortable with that.   But for Pete's sake ... baking your mail in the oven?  That is excessive even for me.

I would love to see the handshaking tradition go away forever, not because of cleanliness, but because it's dumb.  There are so many different handshakes now that I never know what somebody expects when they extend their hand.   And then there's the whole macho thing about who can give the firmest handshake.  It's all a pain in the ***.  

• Like 1

Just now, tiger337 said:

I would love to see the handshaking tradition go away forever, not because of cleanliness, but because it's dumb.  There are so many different handshakes now that I never know what somebody expects when they extend their hand.   And then there's the whole macho thing about who can give the firmest handshake.  It's all a pain in the ***.  

I always wonder if they have washed their hands since they last pottied or picked their nose.  

1 minute ago, Melody said:

I always wonder if they have washed their hands since they last pottied or picked their nose.  

Based on my experience in restrooms, I can tell you that many men do not wash after taking a crap and the higher up the admin latter they are, that is the hand shakers, the less likely they are to wash.  

5 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I know nobody like this.

I was astonished!  

14 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

And spitting in baseball. No reason for it other than it's just a disgusting habit. Tony Phillips used to be the worst I ever saw. He would spit all over his jersey. Just gross.

43 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

The majority of you people are driving around like this.

Even if it's the common cold they don't want to obtain, how is it your business to judge them for taking precautions? 

Yes, that's absurd. But who gives a ****?

24 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Nobody is as bad as Trump, pulling people in towards him to show how powerful he is. The the most insecure, childish **** I've ever seen. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Based on my experience in restrooms, I can tell you that many men do not wash after taking a crap and the higher up the admin latter they are, that is the hand shakers, the less likely they are to wash.  

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Melody said:

I saw a conversation on Facebook yesterday among some people that I always considered fairly level headed (as far as left wing liberals in the music business go) and they were discussing how they are sanitizing their mail.  Some are putting it in the garage for a week before opening, and some are baking it in the over.  OMG.  I'm very germ aware.  Almost stood up and cheered when I read that Dr. Fauci made the statement that the practice of handshaking was probably going away forever.  I've never been comfortable with that.   But for Pete's sake ... baking your mail in the oven?  That is excessive even for me.

well, I love Fauci but he is dead wrong on that one. He is a little to deep in the trees to see the forest. There have been literally hundreds of infectious scourges in history and some form of physical greeting has survived them all. The cruel biological fact is that a disease like this will remove the susceptible population (or preferably a vaccine will) and then life will return to what it has normally been. I will posit that it is simply impossible for humankind to indefinitely protect some disease susceptible subset in the manner we are trying to do now on a temporary basis. And even here, the point has never been that we will forever prevent all from eventual exposure - only to provide the infamous 'flattening of the curve' to protect the availability of clinical treatment for the majority of the seriously ill it can help and  bide time toward the development of a vaccine.