chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

Why do you feel the need to provoke people with insults. Constantly?

Does it make you feel joy? Does it make you feel intelligent? 

It’s sick.

10 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

It is pretty much this board and folks who listen to the media.

Nah, it's Trumpers falling for the biggest con in US history.  .  

• Like 1

Just now, tiger337 said:

Nah, it's Trumpers falling for the biggest con in US history.  .  

Of course, it is true (and in this case ironic) that the most pernicious form of group think is when people surrender their normal autonomy to authority that is either wrong or malicious. 

37 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

It is pretty much this board and folks who listen to the media.

Or the board member whose f-ing father died of this disease.

2 hours ago, Oblong said:

Chicago's a disaster but is it worse now?  Some say no.   You had people shooting everybody.  You don't see that now.  Maybe this corona is a good thing for Chicago?  I don't know.  I had some guy from Chicago come up to me, he said "Sir, I couldn't go outside anymore it was so bad... but now, I go outside, and nobody's there.  It's safe.  I can walk the street now".  

it doesnt feel like a disaster...

the biggest area of coronavirus outbreak isnt that far from my house.  there's a large orthodox jewish community nearby and they have been getting a lot of cases.

i went to the grocery store right after the lockdown and nobody had masks on.  or gloves.  my wife went three days ago and all the workers had gloves and masks on.  so its been a little bit of progress.  i live right across the street from a park.  in the beginning there were tons of people out without masks and in groups.  you see less people out and more masks now.  so some people are paying attention.

were not supposed to peak until next week, so we shall see.

as to crime, its been cold and wet so far, which will keep crime down.  however, it was 70 degrees the other day and we have 8 murders.  gangs never sleep.

3 hours ago, Hongbit said:

There’s a real simple way to stop all the hoaxers and to get the holdouts back into their houses. 

Have Obama and Hillary go on TV together and demand that Trump and our Governors open our country back up and stop this ridiculous overreaction to the flu.   Problem solved.   Goodbye hoaxers. 

At least down here, ignoring the social distancing orders is bipartisan and not confined to any specific economic or ethnic group, sad to say.  

correction: we had 7 murders on tuesday and 8 murders yesterday.  nothing slows down the south and west side of chicago...

27 minutes ago, Buddha said:

it doesnt feel like a disaster...

the biggest area of coronavirus outbreak isnt that far from my house.  there's a large orthodox jewish community nearby and they have been getting a lot of cases.

24 minutes ago, Melody said:

At least down here, ignoring the social distancing orders is bipartisan and not confined to any specific economic or ethnic group, sad to say.  

There seem to be lots of examples of orthodox Jewish communities being really badly hit by this around the world. I'm sure there are a host of reasons why. Are there simply less of those communities in your part of the world?

14 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

Please remember this next time you disparage your local non-partisan professional as a member of the deep state.

lalala-cant-hear-you-red-hat.jpg.72116d568929208eba8b9897e04dd41c.jpg