Jump to content

chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

Recommended Posts

well I heard they are counting all non covid deaths in TN as suicides regardless of how they died....

You know what state borders TN?  Arkansas.  You know which power couple has huge ties to that state?

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Clinton death count just keeps getting higher.  There is no other way you can explain it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She stays in NY after loosing the election, badly, and now they have the most deaths?  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Texas Governor Abbott just said in his briefing that he is sending state National Guard troops to help the largest manufacturer of medical masks expand to a second shift, thereby doubling current production.  They have been hiring, but have not gone to a second shift.

Some background on the company and insight into why the second shift had not already been added.  https://www.dallasnews.com/news/watchdog/2020/04/03/if-you-imagine-that-a-local-business-making-surgical-face-masks-is-working-247-guess-again/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oblong said:

I'm expecting some form of social distancing until we get a vaccine.  

There might be football, in front of empty stadiums.  I'm not convinced schools start in Sept... or August.

 

 

And once we get a vaccine, anti-vaxxers will still spread it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

And once we get a vaccine, anti-vaxxers will still spread it.

while at the same time promoting Trump's Hydoxchorlawhatever....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Oblong said:

She stays in NY after loosing the election, badly, and now they have the most deaths?  

I love you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

I just want to know how the heck to tell who the outlaws are now, with everyone wearing bandannas it makes it tough. 

They will be the ones with a gray cloth sack in their hand with a dollar sign on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgive me if this has been posted before this.  I found the Trevor Noah interview with Bill gates very interesting.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, apabruce said:

Forgive me if this has been posted before this.  I found the Trevor Noah interview with Bill gates very interesting.  

 

I can't put my finger on it, but Jon Stewart looks a lot different these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oblong said:

I'm expecting some form of social distancing until we get a vaccine.  

There might be football, in front of empty stadiums.  I'm not convinced schools start in Sept... or August.

 

 

singapore is experiencing a second wave after they relaxes their stay at home requirements.

i expect the same thing to happen here.  in the middle to end of may when things start to slow down, governors will be under a lot of pressure from business and the federal government to relax the rules and let people go back to work.

they'll do it and the virus will begin to expand again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Buddha said:

singapore is experiencing a second wave after they relaxes their stay at home requirements.

i expect the same thing to happen here.  in the middle to end of may when things start to slow down, governors will be under a lot of pressure from business and the federal government to relax the rules and let people go back to work.

they'll do it and the virus will begin to expand again.

i mean how can it not?  Look at what happened here in the few weeks it was out there and before we acted?    Are we prepared to go through this again?  Isn't it worse to start then stop again? 

These businesses can whine all they want but even if they were allowed to open they're not going to have that many customers.  My company already let us work from home if we wanted in early March, before it all hit the fan.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been working from home since March 10th and people at my company still got it. Multiple people. Two people have even died but they say it is not related to Coronavirus. Some people don't believe that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There cannot and will not be an economic recovery until there is a resolution to the virus.

We should act accordingly.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Buddha said:

singapore is experiencing a second wave after they relaxes their stay at home requirements.

i expect the same thing to happen here.  in the middle to end of may when things start to slow down, governors will be under a lot of pressure from business and the federal government to relax the rules and let people go back to work.

they'll do it and the virus will begin to expand again.

Agreed. But by then testing should be much more available (hopefully). That should help it from escalating so quickly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the economy will be much better off now than if this happened 10+ years ago. So many more people have jobs that can be done from home. We're pretty lucky in that regard, really. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received great news. The wife is negative, for the 2nd time, for the virus. Now we just have to hope she didn't catch it while in the ER.

Four 12 hour shifts in 4 days did her in. Her electrolytes were dangerously low (magnesium and potassium). That caused a 175 heart rate. I told her that she was bound to have effects without me to take care of her...lol. The doctors still don't know why she had a fever though. 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sports_Freak said:

I received great news. The wife is negative, for the 2nd time, for the virus. Now we just have to hope she didn't catch it while in the ER.

Four 12 hour shifts in 4 days did her in. Her electrolytes were dangerously low (magnesium and potassium). That caused a 175 heart rate. I told her that she was bound to have effects without me to take care of her...lol. The doctors still don't know why she had a fever though. 

So glad to read this, SF!!!! We will keep our prayers and good karma flowing your way. I’m sure the doctors will get to the bottom of this.

???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I received great news. The wife is negative, for the 2nd time, for the virus. Now we just have to hope she didn't catch it while in the ER.

Four 12 hour shifts in 4 days did her in. Her electrolytes were dangerously low (magnesium and potassium). That caused a 175 heart rate. I told her that she was bound to have effects without me to take care of her...lol. The doctors still don't know why she had a fever though. 

Great to hear!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I received great news. The wife is negative, for the 2nd time, for the virus. Now we just have to hope she didn't catch it while in the ER.

Four 12 hour shifts in 4 days did her in. Her electrolytes were dangerously low (magnesium and potassium). That caused a 175 heart rate. I told her that she was bound to have effects without me to take care of her...lol. The doctors still don't know why she had a fever though. 

So happy for you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Agreed. But by then testing should be much more available (hopefully). That should help it from escalating so quickly. 

The thing that bothers me is we're all staying at home so we don't catch it. So if it comes back around, we won't have an immunity to it. So we need a vaccine,  ASAP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers everyone. They mean more than you know. I guess, without the insurance money, I'll have to return the Mercedes and fishing boat?  ???

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Yoda said:

I think the economy will be much better off now than if this happened 10+ years ago. So many more people have jobs that can be done from home. We're pretty lucky in that regard, really. 

I also think more people will continue working from home now that they know it's doable and many cases preferable.  Many businesses will like this too as it will mean they will be spending less on office space.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Motown Sports Blog



×
×
  • Create New...