chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

8 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

He's a tough guy and a warrior, but the media is destroying him.  It's so unfairrrrrrr.

I presume you mean re-election odds 

Trump was -115 in January, He is -120 now. 

1 minute ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Go stroke his dick in the election thread Stan. 

No, I mean he's been a fraud his entire life and you're all falling for it.  

10 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

No, i am saying that's how this works. The Governors are closing the schools, industry, etc. 

Despite the media and governors claims, everyone who needed a ventilator received one. No death panels, no doctors playing God, that was all hysteria. 

Or, maybe *because* the governors shut everything down when they did, everyone who has needed a ventilator has received one.

Also, just because this has been the case so far does not necessarily mean it will remain as such.

Past performance does not guarantee future results.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

No, i am saying that's how this works. The Governors are closing the schools, industry, etc. 

Despite the media and governors claims, everyone who needed a ventilator received one. No death panels, no doctors playing God, that was all hysteria. 

Yes, the whole idea of doctors having to triage because they're being slammed by a deluge of patients in numbers rarely seen before is the fevered wet dream of lamestream media sources such as ... [pauses to check source] ...

Fox News.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/ventilator-shortage-coronavirus-crisis-doctors-decide-who-lives-dies

Lack of understanding of conditional probability and confirmation bias will make it hard to change folks minds about the best response to serious infectious disease. You can't, in the same place, both practice and not practice social distancing. Possibly you can say something by comparing similar places after the fact.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Or, maybe *because* the governors shut everything down when they did, everyone who has needed a ventilator has received one.

Also, just because this has been the case so far does not necessarily mean it will remain as such.

Past performance does not guarantee future results.

yeah but you just said Trump was responsible for all for all of the bad, but apparently none of the good?

I never said or implied any such a thing.

I said Trump either is the one running the show or he is shirking his responsibility.

And I asked you which one was it.

Trump literally called this a hoax. He said it would all just go away like a miracle in April when it gets warm. He doesn't get to play victim here. These are words straight out of his mouth.

yeah but you just said Trump was responsible for all for all of the bad, but apparently none of the good?

Dumb question, but which do you think the babbling idiot is more capable of? It's funny how you assume he does more good than bad. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

"Everything we do before a pandemic will seem alarmist. Everything we do after a pandemic will seem inadequate." — Michael O. Leavitt, 2007 (Bush's HHS Secretary)

9 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

And, so we are clear, *you* are the one complaining about this being an over-reaction, not me.

So is the 'over-reaction' causing good or bad in your mind?  Honest question.

i looked at the models which are all counter factual at this point. The IMHE model shows no deaths after mid-June. The assumption was a total shut down through May. but not every state is 100% shut down right now and current guidelines only have the shut down through April. 

Trump is in a no win situation. If he recommends lifting the guidelines before 5/31 the media will scream blood on his hands if their is one death. Ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

This is the mother of all strawmen.

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Trump literally called this a hoax. He said it would all just go away like a miracle in April when it gets warm. He doesn't get to play victim here. These are words straight out of his mouth.

Well I think it has been established that the virus will be seasonal. 

Well I think it has been established that the virus will be seasonal. 

Has it?

Honest question - did I miss this?

Part of the responsibility of being President is having to make really hard decisions in no-win situations, and subsequently having to deal with the consequences of said decisions.

Running for President isn't a popularity contest.... if Trump didn't want the scrutiny that comes with the job, he should have stayed in private life.

For some reason everyone always wants to be right and no one wants to be subtle. You can simultaneously believe that the leader of your government is a do-nothing-idiot and that in this country there was no chance the pandemic wouldn't affect us.

This is all over the place and may stop creative solutions. You can simultaneously believe that law enforcement officers should be protected and that citizens should not be killed in routine traffic stops.

• Thanks 1

Trump is in a no win situation.

Welcome to being POTUS.

If he recommends lifting the guidelines before 5/31 the media will scream blood on his hands if their is one death. Ridiculous. 

BS.  If there are fewer than 100 deaths post May 31, I highly doubt anyone credible will complain.

We should be so lucky if it is as few as that.

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

Part of the responsibility of being President is having to make really hard decisions in no-win situations, and subsequently having to deal with the consequences of said decisions.

Running for President isn't a popularity contest.... if Trump didn't want the scrutiny that comes with the job, he should have stayed in private life.

Donald Trump himself called out Obama for something like two deaths related to Ebola and literally takes zero responsibility for his own administration calling this a hoax. It's now become a media overreaction.

4 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Trump is in a no win situation. If he recommends lifting the guidelines before 5/31 the media will scream blood on his hands if their is one death. Ridiculous. 

Nobody said being President was easy.  He needs to toughen up and stop whining.  The big fraud gets more and more exposed every day and you just keep falling for it.  40+ years!

I just want to know how the heck to tell who the outlaws are now, with everyone wearing bandannas it makes it tough. 

The outlaws are breaking the terms of use with multiple accounts?

• Like 1