Jump to content

chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

We were able to do likewise on the trip we had planned. We got everything back except the Delta tickets, but we'll use the vouchers (assuming this ends eventually) so that doesn't bother me. Funny thing is right now with the planes and airports almost empty  it's probably as safe to fly as go to the grocery store.

Yeah. We have a June trip (maybe)to visit a daughter out of state. We are not at all sure how that will work out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There always are opportunities.  Being in prison provides opportunities for someone willing to engage in the black market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a serious shortage of help at all the hospitals. Maybe all these people who deny there's a pandemic could sign up to work there? After all, it's all a big democratic hoax, right? Those mouth breathing, knuckle dragging, Trump supporters sure are simpletons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is one of those flame outs that can be spectacular to watch.  I'd recommend less troll and more control for the person who is not aware of how dumb they are.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:
 
whinge
/(h)winj/
 
informalBritish
verb
verb: whinge; 3rd person present: whinges; past tense: whinged; past participle: whinged; gerund or present participle: whingeing; gerund or present participle: whinging
  1. complain persistently and in a peevish or irritating way.

2. v.i. What your 3rd baseman does when the other team is pitching him like he's Babe Ruth.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Well I mean its nice to have extra money to pay for vacations. I made a killing on groupon over doubled my money. There is still some opportunity. 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lost a loved one last week and feel devastated.

I am out every day with a community organization to feed seniors, and fear for them every moment.

The mix of anger, pain and fear I am experiencing every day has burned me out. I might need to take the rest of this week off and stay home.

I am lucky enough to be financially secure and to have multiple streams of income. But I feel for my community where single mothers who work retail and food service are on the brink of losing it all and families who are risking their lives working grocery stores and in hospitals are extremely underpaid. Sick that people aren't being given any real support from this government, that people will die because they don't have medical care and because society doesn't value labor.

I never want to hear about how this country doesn't need a revolution and that incremental change is fine. This has exposed this country for what it is. Downright disgusting that we don't have universal health care and proper social safety nets.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@casimir I can empathize with the spring break thing. Ours only synced up once and we had a nice trip to Lakeland. Well, except for the drive from Lakeland back to TPA in rush hour. That was insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

There's a serious shortage of help at all the hospitals. Maybe all these people who deny there's a pandemic could sign up to work there? After all, it's all a big democratic hoax, right? Those mouth breathing, knuckle dragging, Trump supporters sure are simpletons.

I am not denying anything. Just a more prudent approach.  i never said it was a hoax, just the media has turned this into something that is flat out isn't.

I would volunteer, but I probably shouldn't. I am working a lot with the homeless because no one else will at this time, so i don't want to be a carrier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sports_Freak I walk by St. Mary's daily when out for exercise. I thought of your wife today. I hope everything turns out ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The newest one I've heard from some idiots on Facebook is that by showing the impeached POTUS's criminal incompetence that we are "rooting for the pandemic"

Sheep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

I am not denying anything. Just a more prudent approach.  i never said it was a hoax, just the media has turned this into something that is flat out isn't.

Again, Trump is running the show, not the media.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

ough to be financially secure and to have multiple streams of income. But I feel for my community where single mothers who work retail and food service are on the brink of losing it all and families who are risking their lives working grocery stores and in hospitals are extremely underpaid. Sick that people aren't being given any real support from this government, that people will die because they don't have medical care and because society doesn't value labor.

i think giving low payed worker more than 100% of their income counts. In Texas, the average Texan getting unemployment is receiving $850 per week. $250 from the state ( on average) + $600 from the national government. Many low payed worker are getting more than they were making before. This has been extended for four months. By then the economy will be back up hopefully. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/27/how-unemployed-workers-could-get-more-than-100percent-of-their-paycheck.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Again, Trump is running the show, not the media.

I'd argue state governments have more power. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Oh hey look we are all still alive after my 'temporary banning" for posting a picture of the joker, which was deemed abusive.

20% unemployment

Ruined economy

literally lack of liberty

All of these so called models are BS, its all media hysteria. The models are 100% not accurate. If you are an idiot comparing the US to South Korea, there is no freaking way we can do contract tracing in this country. It is a completely different situation but it sounds good politically and makes you feel good by saying bad bad Orange man.  

All the media hype about Orange man death panels and doctors playing god. It was all BS, everyone who needed a ventilator or will need a ventilator will get one. 

All the ranting and raving, hysteria, panic, toilet paper hoarding, economic collapse, deficit expansion, etc etc etc.....

People in the media trying to get people to hand their head in shame because China who has done nothing about lie about the situation has less infections. 

Ummm... one poster's wife is in ICU with COVID-19...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Again, Trump is running the show, not the media.

Remember, when something good happens, it's because of Trump.

When something bad happens, it's because of the media.

That should clear things up. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

I'd argue state governments have more power. 

So your premise is state governments, as a group, have shirked their governing responsibilities and given into hysteria, ostensibly driven by the meda?

What is the media getting out of this?

Also, has Trump been stymied by states?  It seems to me he is following suit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Ummm... one poster's wife is in ICU with COVID-19...

And another poster lost a loved one....

But yeah, no big deal.... just here to argue for the prudent approach of opening everything back up, baybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Well I mean its nice to have extra money to pay for vacations. I made a killing on groupon over doubled my money. There is still some opportunity. 

Well, whaddya know? Turns out it wasn’t just a FTFY joke after all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Lost a loved one last week and feel devastated.

I am out every day with a community organization to feed seniors, and fear for them every moment.

The mix of anger, pain and fear I am experiencing every day has burned me out. I might need to take the rest of this week off and stay home.

I am lucky enough to be financially secure and to have multiple streams of income. But I feel for my community where single mothers who work retail and food service are on the brink of losing it all and families who are risking their lives working grocery stores and in hospitals are extremely underpaid. Sick that people aren't being given any real support from this government, that people will die because they don't have medical care and because society doesn't value labor.

I never want to hear about how this country doesn't need a revolution and that incremental change is fine. This has exposed this country for what it is. Downright disgusting that we don't have universal health care and proper social safety nets.

You’re doing God’s work, 313. Take a breather and then keep it up. They need you out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Again, Trump is running the show, not the media.

He's a tough guy and a warrior, but the media is destroying him.  It's so unfairrrrrrr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

So your premise is state governments, as a group, have shirked their governing responsibilities?

They are simultaneously shirking their responsibilities while overreacting and overreaching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

They are simultaneously shirking their responsibilities while overreacting and overreaching.

No, i am saying that's how this works. The Governors are closing the schools, industry, etc. 

Despite the media and governors claims, everyone who needed a ventilator received one. No death panels, no doctors playing God, that was all hysteria. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Motown Sports Blog



×
×
  • Create New...