Jump to content

chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Melody said:

My son is a cop. Had someone do this to him last week. No COVID19, thankfully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

 

He cannot and must not duck blame for how bad this gets in the United States.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Oblong said:

We've resigned to not having a summer vacation... or if we do maybe something on the west side of Michigan.  Who knows.... but I'm not sure going to an airport, getting on a plane, and a car rental, etc. is wise for the forseeable future. Especially considering we were thinking of the gulf region.

 

We were supposed to be in Mexico this week.  My wife teaches in a different school district than my kids attend and this was the first time in 8 school years that they've had the same spring break.  It just never works out that they have the same week off and this was the year we were going to do something.

I am kind of along the same mind of you that a summer vacation seems highly questionable at this time.  And you throw in the other activities being delayed/cancelled...  And hey, I get it.  I completely understand all of that is a first world problem and there are way more significant issues out there right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Not exponential growth

Probably logistic at worst anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty certain all of 2020 is a lost year. This is one of those events that you look back on and thing of life before and after it like 9/11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Casimir said:

We were supposed to be in Mexico this week.  My wife teaches in a different school district than my kids attend and this was the first time in 8 school years that they've had the same spring break.  It just never works out that they have the same week off and this was the year we were going to do something.

I am kind of along the same mind of you that a summer vacation seems highly questionable at this time.  And you throw in the other activities being delayed/cancelled...  And hey, I get it.  I completely understand all of that is a first world problem and there are way more significant issues out there right now.

We were able to unwind everything (except perhaps 2 Virgin Australia flights for under $200) for an Australian trip in May.  While we wish we could go we have been pretty thankful that Delta, the Sydney Opera House, ... all have given refunds. Maybe in 2022 we'll try agin. 11-day trips don't work with 14-day quarantines.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

My wife worked 3 days at a University hospital in Ann Arbor. She's now a patient at St. Mary's in an ICU unit. She started getting sick last week and had a negative virus test. False negative? She has/had all the classic symptoms and now they think the infection traveled to her cardiac system. Or lungs...I don't know because I can't be there with her. But they think she had a pulmonary embolism.  Not good, not good at all. Rob, tell your wife to be careful. And if they don't have all the necessary PPE, walk away. I know my wife never would have and nurses will do anything for their patients but this virus is not only deadly for front line workers, it's also extremely contagious. 

So sorry to hear this, SF.  All the best to you and your wife.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

Yes he does a daily, but he leaves the medical advice to the pros.  With good reason too.  There are lots of people who just loathe the guy, so it's better to have the message delivered by someone more neutral.

Wow, imagine that reasonable logic being used here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

And that's with us taking all these precautions.  Granted we could've done things sooner and probably have been even more strict about it but still for the past few weeks we have been at a shutdown and even before that many people have been more diligent about things like social distancing and washing their hands more frequently.   Just imagine how much worse things would look right now if we did nothing this whole time and just carried on with our lives as usual like people like people like Stan were suggesting the whole time.  

Just imagine how many people might have been spared the disease had we had an adult in charge at the beginning of January and the country had two more months to get prepared and ready versus waiting until mid March?  Earlier flattening of the curve, an earlier time frame with which to keep the PPE and ventilator supply chain more robust and ready than we are at now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

I trust nothing in a Trump government. Nothing. No agency. No department. Nothing.

Why should we?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still a hard message for some to swallow....

The longer the virus is out and about, the worse this damage gets.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jaymo said:

We were able to unwind everything (except perhaps 2 Virgin Australia flights for under $200) for an Australian trip in May.  While we wish we could go we have been pretty thankful that Delta, the Sydney Opera House, ... all have given refunds. Maybe in 2022 we'll try agin. 11-day trips don't work with 14-day quarantines.  

I'm trying to remember what my exact breaking point was at deciding we weren't going.  It hadn't been cancelled on us yet (we booked through a travel guide), but I wasn't going to go international and then take the risk that we would be shut out of the country.  I mean, that was Trump's wet dream right there, shut down all of the borders.  I got home form work and my wife said we should talk about the trip, and there wasn't much discussion from my end.

Our trip was postponed first with a credit usable through December 2021 less rebooking fees.  And then it was just cancelled completely and refunded in full.  So we probably got lucky as can be there.

Australia is on the wife's bucket list.  The plane ride seems too darn long for me, but we will have to do it at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

It's tough to think about her being in there all by herself.  Especially because she ran towards the gunfire, like they always do.  I hope that things will turn out OK.

And our federal government failed to adequately supply these people with PPE.  Waited until too long to get the supply chain rolling.  And then yelled at GM for not reworking a plant that they had sold months before into a piece of the supply chain to push some of the heat off of themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just think, the 2020 election is still going to be relatively close and Trump will still probably get at least 45% of the vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the biggest fan of JD Vance, but he does a really good job of dismantling some of the various COVID-19 talking points you often hear in RW circles....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Just think, the 2020 election is still going to be relatively close and Trump will still probably get at least 45% of the vote.

How much of it is voting for the candidate versus voting for the party letter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh hey look we are all still alive after my 'temporary banning" for posting a picture of the joker, which was deemed abusive.

20% unemployment

Ruined economy

literally lack of liberty

All of these so called models are BS, its all media hysteria. The models are 100% not accurate. If you are an idiot comparing the US to South Korea, there is no freaking way we can do contract tracing in this country. It is a completely different situation but it sounds good politically and makes you feel good by saying bad bad Orange man.  

All the media hype about Orange man death panels and doctors playing god. It was all BS, everyone who needed a ventilator or will need a ventilator will get one. 

All the ranting and raving, hysteria, panic, toilet paper hoarding, economic collapse, deficit expansion, etc etc etc.....

People in the media trying to get people to hand their head in shame because China who has done nothing about lie about the situation has less infections. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Oh hey look we are all still alive after my 'temporary banning" for posting a picture of the joker, which was deemed abusive.

20% unemployment

Ruined economy

literally lack of liberty

All of these so called models are BS, its all media hysteria. The models are 100% not accurate. If you are an idiot comparing the US to South Korea, there is no freaking way we can do contract tracing in this country. It is a completely different situation but it sounds good politically and makes you feel good by saying bad bad Orange man.  

All the media hype about Orange man death panels and doctors playing god. It was all BS, everyone who needed a ventilator or will need a ventilator will get one. 

All the ranting and raving, hysteria, panic, toilet paper hoarding, economic collapse, deficit expansion, etc etc etc.....

People in the media trying to get people to hand their head in shame because China who has done nothing about lie about the situation has less infections. 

Ok.... now go visit a hospital and STFU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Oblong said:

Ok.... now go visit a hospital and STFU

Translation

" I don't agree with you, so STFU"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Translation

" I don't agree with you, so STFU"

listen jackass... we've had a member's father die from this, another member who's wife may have it and is in the hospital... so tempers are high and I will not hesitate to throw your *** to the curb permanently if you don't stop with the nonsense.  Nobody cares about your feelings right now.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Denmark is going to re-open soon. 

Sweden has allowed people to keep going to work, kept schools open, slight increase in deaths. Going for herd immunity. The counter factual model are junk.

Why are we not moving to system where the most vulnerable are in quarantine and everyone else is at work. The people who are dying are the people with pre-existing conditions by in large. We can't keep the economy shut down for months on end, that is 100% not viable. Literally it is not even an option, eventually the government will not be able to keep funding their give aways and medical programs. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...