chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

My wife worked 3 days at a University hospital in Ann Arbor. She's now a patient at St. Mary's in an ICU unit. She started getting sick last week and had a negative virus test. False negative? She has/had all the classic symptoms and now they think the infection traveled to her cardiac system. Or lungs...I don't know because I can't be there with her. But they think she had a pulmonary embolism.  Not good, not good at all. Rob, tell your wife to be careful. And if they don't have all the necessary PPE, walk away. I know my wife never would have and nurses will do anything for their patients but this virus is not only deadly for front line workers, it's also extremely contagious. 

I hate to hear this. Hoping for the best my friend. 

1 hour ago, Melody said:

I did.  You had to go back at it, tagging me with *crickets.*.    I note that there are *crickets,* relating to the information from Shaub I posted.   You might want to follow him.  I did.  Lots interesting there, from an experienced and informed point of view.

And now I really am done with this exchange.  Take your last shot.

OK, here it is: stop insulting people out of the blue. It’s bad form.

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

My wife worked 3 days at a University hospital in Ann Arbor. She's now a patient at St. Mary's in an ICU unit. She started getting sick last week and had a negative virus test. False negative? She has/had all the classic symptoms and now they think the infection traveled to her cardiac system. Or lungs...I don't know because I can't be there with her. But they think she had a pulmonary embolism.  Not good, not good at all. Rob, tell your wife to be careful. And if they don't have all the necessary PPE, walk away. I know my wife never would have and nurses will do anything for their patients but this virus is not only deadly for front line workers, it's also extremely contagious. 

Oh, my goodness, Freak, please take care and best of everything to you and your bride. I’ll send good vibes your way.

Michigan up to 18,970 cases and 845 deaths. The 118 deaths is our biggest daily total yet. 

2 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

Michigan up to 18,970 cases and 845 deaths. The 118 deaths is our biggest daily total yet. 

And the VERY scary part.....

20200407_144735.thumb.jpg.21ef0fd270deae085575f327eef5d714.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

So sorry man. That is the one nightmare I have about this whole thing. Sending good thoughts.

1 hour ago, tigerbomb13 said:

Canada has 17,800 cases and 375 deaths.  Still no sign of flattening.

48 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Canada has 17,800 cases and 375 deaths.  Still no sign of flattening.

Are y'all having the same issues we are with people ignoring social distancing guidelines?    

2 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

And the VERY scary part.....

20200407_144735.thumb.jpg.21ef0fd270deae085575f327eef5d714.jpg

That IS scary!  We've been seeing police officers come up positive during the past couple of weeks.  That is scary as well.

4 minutes ago, Melody said:

Are y'all having the same issues we are with people ignoring social distancing guidelines?    

There's literally a protest going on in Lansing about the social distancing orders, so yes.

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

There's literally a protest going on in Lansing about the social distancing orders, so yes.

Geez.

Edit:  Our mayor has been sending out informational stuff about Easter egg hunts in the park being forbidden.   I swear, I'm driving past the large park a couple of blocks from my house and will be notifying code via their app if I see boneheads out there picnicking etc.

4 minutes ago, Melody said:

Evidently not quite as much.  The population of the US is about 10 times that of Canada, so you should have about 178,000 cases and, more importantly, 3,750 deaths.  Why the difference?  It's open to speculation.

17 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Evidently not quite as much.  The population of the US is about 10 times that of Canada, so you should have about 178,000 cases and, more importantly, 3,750 deaths.  Why the difference?  It's open to speculation.

Has it hit Toronto hard yet? New York being hit early on was probably a big factor here.

25 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Did Trudeau claim it was a hoax?

6 minutes ago, jaymo said:

Has it hit Toronto hard yet? New York being hit early on was probably a big factor here.

Toronto (population 5.9 million) has 32 deaths.  I live about an hour west of there, in a community of 600,000, and we have 5 deaths.  3 of those are in a seniors residence about a mile from my house.

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Did Trudeau claim it was a hoax?

No.  Federal and provincial leadership has been excellent.  Even the premier of Ontario, who is normally a total jerk, has been superb for the past 2 months.  All of the other premiers are cooperating with each other and with the feds.  Well maybe not Alberta where the premier is a whiny b**** whose oil industry is collapsing.  But other than that leadership has been great.  Some mistakes of course but no one has ever done this before.

1 minute ago, Charles Liston said:

No.  Federal and provincial leadership has been excellent.  Even the premier of Ontario, who is normally a total jerk, has been superb for the past 2 months.  All of the other premiers are cooperating with each other and with the feds.  Well maybe not Alberta where the premier is a whiny b**** whose oil industry is collapsing.  But other than that leadership has been great.  Some mistakes of course but no one has ever done this before.

Does Trudeau do a daily press conference where he dispenses medical advice? 

Interesting insight to Trump’s fascination with Hydroxchlorquine. In short it fits his MO as a snake oil salesman

You may or may not know about “Ideal Health.”

Ideal Health was a multi-level-marketing company—that’s the polite term for “pyramid scheme”—founded in the 1990s that sold personalized vitamin supplements based on the results of a urine test.

This pee test supposedly provided “a scientific window into your personal biochemistry.”

The company hired a network of low- to middle-income salespeople who earned a commission both from vitamin sales and from recruiting other salespeople. Ideal Health would charge these salespeople thousands of dollars up front to get access to marketing materials and other “network benefits.”

You will not be surprised to learn that many of these people lost all their money and didn’t sell any vitamins. Dozens of them filed complaints with the Federal Trade Commission. The company had to settle a lawsuit with the FTC over false claims that “Supreme Greens”one of their signature products—“cured cancer.”

In short, Ideal Health was a shady vitamin pyramid scheme with a reputation for lying about cancer cures.

Naturally, Donald J. Trump had to get a piece of the action.

In March 2009, Trump purchased Ideal Health and then took Worldcom and Stringer Bell’s advice on fixing a troubled asset by giving it a shiny new gold lamé moniker. He called it “The Trump Network.”

Under Trump, The Network offered a miracle “custom essential” multivitamin based on the “privatest.” They also offered pills for “silhouette solutions” (a diet program), skin care, low-energy, and of course some “Snazzle Snaxxs” for the kids. (I’m sure the health benefits of the Snazzle Twissters Sour Cream and Onion were legion).

But Trump’s real value add was as a pitch man. The Trump Network launch came on the heels of the financial meltdown, so he updated the Ideal Health proposition to would-be salespeople, convincing them that if they listened to Trump they would discover the cheat code to breaking out of financial hardship.

“Americans need a new plan. They need a new dream. The Trump Network wants to give millions of people renewed hope, with an exciting plan to opt-out of the recession . . . with cutting edge health and wellness formulas.”

To anyone watching Trump’s pandemic press briefings, his Trump Network spiel sounds familiar. What do you have to lose?!

Or as Trump apologist Ari Fleischer delicately puts it, the president always “reaches for hope.”

(I suppose the big guy just can’t help himself. He’s a lot like Reagan and Lincoln in that way, right Ari?)

Of course, for people in The Trump Network, the false promises, or misleading snakeoil, or incorrigible, happy-warrior hope—call it what you will—wound up costing them a lot.

Those who joined didn’t get to opt-out of the recession the way Trump had promised. Instead they had their hardship extended. More bills they couldn’t afford.

https://thebulwark.com/why-is-trump-obsessed-with-hydroxychloroquine/?utm_source=afternoon-newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=The+Bulwark+Newsletter&utm_campaign=f24ae0b20c-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_04_07_10_09&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f4bd64ac2e-f24ae0b20c-72426773

Sound familiar?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Does Trudeau do a daily press conference where he dispenses medical advice? 

Yes he does a daily, but he leaves the medical advice to the pros.  With good reason too.  There are lots of people who just loathe the guy, so it's better to have the message delivered by someone more neutral.

2 ambulance guys were interviewed on PBS this evening.  They said that the average comp is $37,000 and that they have no medical benefits.  That is seriously ****ed up.

1 hour ago, Charles Liston said:

Wow, Dougie is handling this well?

That reflects even more poorly on POTUS, considering the similarities between his brand and the Ford brand.