chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

8 hours ago, Buddha said:

the next two weeks should be the worst.  i dont have any faith that nyc has peaked.  i think a lot more people are dying in their homes and those are not being counted as deaths.

italy has peaked technically and theyre still having 600 people die a day and that is with three weeks of a real nationwide shutdown.  we have a few regional shutdowns but not a national shutdown, plus were letting life proceed as normal in many parts of the country.  

the only thing that will stop this in america is a vaccine - which will not come until next year - and humidity - which will not come for a few more months.

Humidity isn't slowing things down in Florida...

I think I may have it. Been feeling fatigued with a headache and have a chest pain that I would normally chalk up to indigestion. Symptoms are very mild. In any other time, I would think nothing of them.

11 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I think I may have it. Been feeling fatigued with a headache and have a chest pain that I would normally chalk up to indigestion. Symptoms are very mild. In any other time, I would think nothing of them.

Keep safe and keep watching those symptoms.

22 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Bush was still the model for Trump in the way he filled the bureaucracy around him with incompetent ideological hacks (well in Trump's case less ideological than cult of personality, but the same incompetence). Which is why even if his personal ethics and sense of responsibility to his job were far and away better than Trump's,  his results - not so much. 

I finally belched and that relieved the chest pain. May just have been indigestion after all. My thermometer says my temperature is 90.4 so clearly that isn't working. I'm afraid to go to the store to get one. I don't think I have a fever.

33 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I finally belched and that relieved the chest pain. May just have been indigestion after all. My thermometer says my temperature is 90.4 so clearly that isn't working. I'm afraid to go to the store to get one. I don't think I have a fever.

90.4...are you sitting on a rock trying to absorb sunlight? 

• Like 1

I know that it apparently came to the US in late January...but I kind of find that hard to believe.

Does anyone think they've already had it? I had every symptom in early/mid January, went to the doctor, flu swab negative. Sicker than a dog for three weeks. I gave it to my entire family and same deal for all of them. All swabbed negative. Just told "its a virus", and sent home. 

Just now, wolverinefan said:

I know that it apparently came to the US in late January...but I kind of find that hard to believe.

Does anyone think they've already had it? I had every symptom in early/mid January, went to the doctor, flu swab negative. Sicker than a dog for three weeks. I gave it to my entire family and same deal for all of them. All swabbed negative. Just told "its a virus", and sent home. 

I had a mild cough while I was working out of state in February, but it's probably more attributable to working nights in extremely cold weather. 

That's the thing- every set of symptoms that you'd have called a cold or mild food poisoning in the past now you wonder . . .

Having a Ph.D. now apparently is a qualification to render opinions on medicine?

People have lost their ever loving minds...

Just now, jaymo said:

That's the thing- every set of symptoms that you'd have called a cold or mild food poisoning in the past now you wonder . . .

I'd still bet everything that it wasn't the virus in my case because it's happened before when I've worked in cold weather in outdoor environs and no one else in my family had anything resembling it after coming into contact with me.

I pretty much always have a cough... I think it might be a nervous tick.  It's more of a clearing of the throat thing.

But I also haven't had any fires in the backyard like I normally do because inevitably the smoke gets to after awhile and I cough for a few days.  

5 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I'd still bet everything that it wasn't the virus in my case because it's happened before when I've worked in cold weather in outdoor environs and no one else in my family had anything resembling it after coming into contact with me.

I work with kids and I am CONSTANTLY coughing, hacking, snot...but this one was different. Completely different type of symptoms than normal. 

2 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:
Attempt to use racism and bigotry to meet Pandemic challenge slam headfirst into Ivanka and Jared's pocketbook issues.

Also, Xi probably told him Chinese PPE manufacturers would embargo the US if Orangeman didn't shut his yap.

27 minutes ago, Oblong said:

I pretty much always have a cough... I think it might be a nervous tick.  It's more of a clearing of the throat thing.

have you tried smoking less weed bro?

I'm going to start a conspiracy theory that there was really nothing wrong with thc vape pens, that was the coronavirus.

2 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Also, Xi probably told him Chinese PPE manufacturers would embargo the US if Orangeman didn't shut his yap.

Yes, I think Xi just basically told him to STFU and Trump whimpered an apology.

13 hours ago, Hongbit said:

The only logic that make sense with the President pushing hard on hydroxychloroquin and purchasing 29M pills is that he or one of his booster buddies has a large financial interest in the drug company.   

but hes not taking a salary

Corona is like when a pitcher throws a no-hitter in Tampa. 60,000 ppl will say they were there. Everyone with a cold/flu will say they had Corona. Were these symptoms non-existent in humans before Corona? 

To be fair, a LOT of people will get it/have had it. So who knows. I'm sure there are also other active flu strains. 

• Like 1

Last fall I was getting a haircut.  On the TV they had a news segment about people getting the flu shot.  One guy in a chair piped up... "remember a few years ago when the flu shot gave everyone that swine flu?  That's why I don't get one".

That's why the pandemic is worse than it needs to be.  That guy and millions like him, including our President, are simply stupid.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, wolverinefan said:

I work with kids and I am CONSTANTLY coughing, hacking, snot...but this one was different. Completely different type of symptoms than normal. 

Yes, we had parents sending their kids into school with colds and coughs just at the time the government here was telling them not to. Pretty soon had the staff were ill and the school had to close to some year groups because teachers can actually take advice rather than ignore it (well, most of them anyway...)

My son had a temp of 38+ C (that must be in the 100s - it was above the level that was supposed to be an issue) and a cough mid-March; I've had a cough for a month or so that was quite nasty for a bit at the same time. My wife felt a bit rotten for day or so - so we may well have had it, but without any way to tell.

14 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Last fall I was getting a haircut.  On the TV they had a news segment about people getting the flu shot.  One guy in a chair piped up... "remember a few years ago when the flu shot gave everyone that swine flu?  That's why I don't get one".

That's why the pandemic is worse than it needs to be.  That guy and millions like him, including our President, are simply stupid.

I would maintain that they are more ignorant than stupid, and that it results from an aggressively insidious form of ignorance fed to them by the bias-reinforcing media ecosystem they inhabit.

My temperature spiked to 98.1 yesterday. That's high for me but I wasn't exactly concerned. Took my temp just now: 96.8.

If I hit 98.6 at any point, that's when I'll take notice.

1 hour ago, wolverinefan said:

The tests have had high false negatives. Part of it is the sampling method. The SO tells me that ideally they should be taking a sputum, but that puts the tech at much higher risk in this case (you're are asking the patient to cough hard), so they settle for the nasal swab, which is just a less reliable sample point for any respiratory sample. 

3 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Take care of yourself and let me knew if you feel like arguing about the value of Quintricia in the Lions forum to take your mind off things.