chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

The best way to stop illegal immigration is to punish the business owners (like Trump) that hire them for cheap labor.  

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, tiger337 said:

The best way to stop illegal immigration is to punish the business owners (like Trump) that hire them for cheap labor.  

isn't that the joke of the whole thing? The business owners create the demand, the immigrants bear the weight of the enforcement. For the business owners it doesn't matter if people get caught and deported, there are always more in the pipeline. And what do you suppose the Dem/GOP split is for most employers of illegals?

It's all Kabuki theater so the Trumpster and his ilk can preach to Bubba that it's that dark person over there who is destroying his shot at the middle class instead of the people paying the bills for those guys Bubba keeps voting for.

• Thanks 1

Ted Cruz is in self-isolation for Covid19 exposure

2 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Finally some good news. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Thoughts and prayers

• Like 1

Just now, CMRivdog said:

Thoughts and prayers

Its as if karma were a *****.

If the cockneys were discussing this they would say someone is spreading porky pies. 

53 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

If the best way to stop gun violence is by owning more guns, wouldn't logic dictate the best way to stop illegal immigrant is to hire more illegal immigrants?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Maybe we should all chip in and send Stan on a cruise? Since this virus is only a hoax anyway. We probably won't let him off the ship though, it might bring our numbers up. Lmfao

3000 deaths in a world of 7.5 billion. I'm thinking there are bigger problems. 

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

You do understand that there's only 3,000 deaths at this moment, right?  And as the virus spreads, this number is likely to increase potentially exponentially over the next year?

Ah, who am I kidding.  I should just shut up and let natural selection take its course.  Enjoy your cruise, bud.

8 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Just want to remind everybody this is the guy who pissed his pants when 80 people on France died. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TheCouga said:

You do understand that there's only 3,000 deaths at this moment, right?  And as the virus spreads, this number is likely to increase potentially exponentially over the next year?

Ah, who am I kidding.  I should just shut up and let natural selection take its course.

There are way bigger medical problems in the world than this. Not that care should not be taken and attempts should not be made to stop it. But the frenzy of people over another virus is just ridiculous. Economies have been hit ridiculously hard around the world over something that hasn't proven to be much different than sars or any of the others we've seen in the past. These things come and go. It is simply not deserving of the panic it has created. 

I'd like everyone to mark may 8th on your calendars. That is the date that it's been projected that every hospital bed in the US will be full as a result of this. 

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Just want to remind everybody this is the guy who pissed his pants when 80 people on France died. 

There were 623,471 abortions reported to the CDC in 2016, the most recent year of reporting. I have a problem with that too. 

We spent a lot of resources on counter terrorism. 

9 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

How many resources were spent on four dead diplomats in Libya? 

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

How many resources were spent on four dead diplomats in Libya? 

Well, the violence caused by ISIS in Paris was pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things but people sure didn't like the idea they couldn't see some crappy band without the risk of being shot. 

13 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

fighting the last war.

Did someone mention David Byrne....."same as it ever was..."

2 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

fighting the last war.

Did someone mention David Byrne....."same as it ever was..."

describing the last war. 

23 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

There were 623,471 abortions reported to the CDC in 2016, the most recent year of reporting. I have a problem with that too. 

That is usually just destruction of a bunch of cells though.  

I hope nobody gets sick.... but if people have to get sick I would love it if it’s a bunch of conspiracy theorists who thought this was all a hoax.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Oblong said:

I hope nobody gets sick.... but if people have to get sick I would love it if it’s a bunch of conspiracy theorists who thought this was all a hoax.  

I agree with you.

I fully urge everyone to take this threat seriously.  However, if you put politics ahead of public safety, don't heed the warnings, think that this is just a liberal hoax to make Trump look bad, etc., and you still head out to political rallies, dismiss warnings, encourage large public gatherings to go on like nothing is wrong--natural selection is going to do its thing.  If your illness serves as an example to the innocent and/or sane segment of this country, so be it.

Just remember that some people don't have the option to telecommute to work and don't have paid sick leave, and yet they still have bills to pay.  Also, there are no federal protections for people who call in sick to work--unless your illness rises to the level of a disability, your employer can fire you simply because you are sick (unless your state has some protections of its own, but most of them don't).  So they can force you to come in even if you're sick.  Also, you can sneer at these people for being in the low-wage sectors of society, which also just so happens to comprise itself of a ton of customer-facing jobs, such as the restaurant industry, retail industry, hotel industry, and the elder care industry, etc.  But as you sneer, remember that American law forces them to come in to work.  CNAs, the people that get paid $7.50/hour to wipe your *** when you get too old to do that, won't be able to call out sick if they think they have the virus.  The people that serve you will essentially be forced to infect you.

• Thanks 2

The hoax theory is dumb.  Other countries economies are getting hit worse than ours.  Is the whole  world destroying their economies to make Trump look bad?  

4 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

The hoax theory is dumb.  Other countries economies are getting hit worse than ours.  Is the whole  world destroying their economies to make Trump look bad?  

Well, except North Korea, Turkey and Russia.  

6 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

When the you think the world revolves around Trump, yeah.