chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

56 minutes ago, Oblong said:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2020/04/01/whitmer-v-trump-how-politics-pierced-covid-19-pandemic/5102781002/

This is a piece of garbage.... it frames the Trump vs Whitmer thing as a "both sides doing it" argument when I don't recall any vitriol or disrespect by Whitmer towards Trump.  

The mere act of standing up to Trump is purposefully framed as vitriolic and disrespectful by the operatives tasked with protecting him. It gives people inclined to vote for him the framework to intellectualize their clearly emotional attachment to him.

What a great double standard Trump gets to benefit from: he’s allowed to openly divide the country for his political purposes while those who stand up to his disingenuous nonsense are admonished that we all have to come together and unite behind this president as he leads us in fighting the virus. This is all happening right out in the open, and why can’t anything be done to stop it? Where’s the failsafe in this system already? it’s beyond ****ing asinine

49 minutes ago, Oblong said:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2020/04/01/whitmer-v-trump-how-politics-pierced-covid-19-pandemic/5102781002/

This is a piece of garbage.... it frames the Trump vs Whitmer thing as a "both sides doing it" argument when I don't recall any vitriol or disrespect by Whitmer towards Trump.  

"Biden, fanning those flames, confirmed Tuesday that Whitmer is on his shortlist for a vice presidential pick."

Wow, Joe... what an incredibly divisive move, *checks notes* announcing you are considering someone for VP.

this a reminder that Trump has raped at least one of his wives and has been accused of sexually assaulting multiple women

19 minutes ago, ben9753 said:

This hit a little closer to home for me last night.

A good buddy of mine took a job with a PBS programming service in Tampa last fall. He knows few people in the area but had told me he started socializing with a couple he knew from the public media world who had retired. He went to a spring training game with them on February 29, the day before the couple embarked on a month-long trip to the Egypt-Israel region.

Five days later they had to cut their trip short and come back through those horrific lines at the TSP airport. Within a few days she contracted the virus. She just died in the hospital. Her husband has been isolated in his apartment and had no opportunity to see her or say goodbye. They’d been married some 40 years.

These are the stories we’re all going to hear about with people we know before this is done.

It’s horrific.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

"Biden, fanning those flames, confirmed Tuesday that Whitmer is on his shortlist for a vice presidential pick."

Wow, Joe... what an incredibly divisive move, *checks notes* announcing you are considering someone for VP.

And someone who is not a Trump supporter, to boot. What is he even thinking?!

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

meh. Consider the source. DetNews editorial staff has right wing going back at least as far was when they bought out the Det Times (a Hearst rag) in the '60s. The other day, Jacques started out to write a column about how mean the Gov was with all these civil liberties violations and she couldn't even find a conservative think tank to agree with her. The current ed staff has gotten especially wacko now, like all who are left in the GOP.

34 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

He kind of brownish too.  They need to find someone a little more white next time.  

actually, I wouldn't put it past Fox to be doing that intentionally. By using POC as the bearers of bad news they don't even need to argue with it, what is said is already illegitimate to most of their demo.

32 minutes ago, chasfh said:

The mere act of standing up to Trump is purposefully framed as vitriolic and disrespectful by the operatives tasked with protecting him. It gives people inclined to vote for him the framework to intellectualize their clearly emotional attachment to him.

What a great double standard Trump gets to benefit from: he’s allowed to openly divide the country for his political purposes while those who stand up to his disingenuous nonsense are admonished that we all have to come together and unite behind this president as he leads us in fighting the virus. This is all happening right out in the open, and why can’t anything be done to stop it? Where’s the failsafe in this system already? it’s beyond ****ing asinine

It is almost like it is intellectually dishonest

50 minutes ago, chasfh said:

And someone who is not a Trump supporter, to boot. What is he even thinking?!

Preeeeety simple, really. Joe Biden, by merely existing, is a divisive force in the fight against coronavirus.

6 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

They are gluttons for not dying needlessly.

49 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

actually, I wouldn't put it past Fox to be doing that intentionally. By using POC as the bearers of bad news they don't even need to argue with it, what is said is already illegitimate to most of their demo.

giphy.gif

So much good stuff on twitter ?

It's a tragicomedy playing out in front of our eyes. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ben9753 said:

The source for the above tweet: 

BUT HE DOESN'T TAKE A SALARY

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

should be a law that Trump always wears this

Why doesn't any reporters ask him why he didn't fix the problems he inherited? He had 3 years. He would say it's the Democrats fault for making him spend all his time defending himself against the hoax of his impeachment. What a joke.

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

She merely said the Federal Goverment was lagging behind - which is 100% true.    I wish I could say what I really feel about a certain person, but I don't need the Secret Service in my life right now.   

I doubt they would have the time. There are probably 1000's of cases for them to investigate at this point. People around the country aren't too happy.

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

These unfortunately are going to come at a blinding pace soon. ?

• Haha 1