chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

39 minutes ago, pfife said:

The most F’d up thing is at this point, I expect all of his promises to be bull**** and lies.   I’m only surprised at the few times when the things he gets up and pats himself on the back for actually happen.  

28 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

the auto companies are the wrong target anyway really. It's small appliance makers like Dyson who have the equipment to come up with something  like a ventilator quickly. But of course, we don't really have small appliance manufacturers left in the US. 

It won’t be an assembly plant.  

Funny how the people who whine about “participation trophies” give Trump one every time he simply does the bare minimum. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

the auto companies are the wrong target anyway really. It's small appliance makers like Dyson who have the equipment to come up with something  like a ventilator quickly. But of course, we don't really have small appliance manufacturers left in the US. 

I guess I can understand capacity at an auto plant as far as an assembly line being able to mass produce quickly.  But I can't imagine that the machinery being used lends itself well to the process of producing ventilators.

But I suppose we are just supposed to trust a crook that has more experience in bankruptcy than in manufacturing and take him at his word?

He’s setting this up as a red state/blue state issue for the election.  When the red states get hit, especially rural areas, he will say “NY took all your ventilators” 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I guess it's up to Whitmer to fix the damn Coronavirus since Trump can't. 

Why would individual states have to worry about it when Captain Creamsicle had it all under control before?

5 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Funny how the people who whine about “participation trophies” give Trump one every time he simply does the bare minimum. 

How can anyone give him a participation award when he proclaimed victory in the war a month ago?

2 minutes ago, Oblong said:

He’s setting this up as a red state/blue state issue for the election.  When the red states get hit, especially rural areas, he will say “NY took all your ventilators” 

Perhaps.

I'm not sure there's a strategy for Trump to win the swing states.  Even if this does subside over the summer, there's still the short term history of the pain that will be felt and, again, this will be pain felt after he declared that he had everything under control.  Gehringer_2 nailed it here.  And even if this goes away during the summer, we don't know if there is a resurgence of it in the fall like there was with the 1918 flu pandemic.  He's trying to buy votes right now (let's be honest, he's buying votes more than he's offering relief), but that's only going to get him so far.

34 minutes ago, Oblong said:

It won’t be an assembly plant.  

well, maybe if you need a ventilator with a hot dipped electro-galvanized paint job. :D

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

So we can use 'eminent domain' to bulldoze a poor neighborhood for a freeway but not to confiscate an abandoned building for a hospital. What a country!

21 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Can someone tell me what Gretchen "Half" Whitmer means? I seriously have no clue.

Half wit

12 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Checks will probably bounce if they allow this

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Can someone tell me what Gretchen "Half" Whitmer means? I seriously have no clue.

He's trying to call her a half-wit.  You guys from Michigan can all just FOAD.

2 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Half wit

I get it now. Guess I wasn't reading it as if I were a 3rd grader. 

7 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I get it now. Guess I wasn't reading it as if I were a 3rd grader. 

60M Americans support this garbage

When hurricane Sandy hit New Jersey and Christie needed help, did Obama call Chris Christie Chris Crisco? 

39 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

When hurricane Sandy hit New Jersey and Christie needed help, did Obama call Chris Christie Chris Crisco? 

Did Obama ever publicly call anybody names? Donny does it because he never grew up. And he only surrounds himself with bootlickers who are forced to laugh. "Haa-Haa...oh Donny, you are SO funny"

18 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Also, I see your 'if Biden did this', and raise you, 'if Obama did this'

You could probably fairly say, "if anyone else did this ..."

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

This is why it knocks me out when I see memes or hear Fox pundits demanding that Americans unite behind Trump during this crisis, while he is explicitly using the crisis to divide us.