chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

12 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

Note the use of GOP presidents.  So as to shame the Trump supporter.

This is spectacularly done.

27 minutes ago, Kacie said:

What these dumb **** Fox people also don't get is that even you don't die from corona virus, you'll probably die from something else because the hospitals are so over run.  Heart attacks, car accidents, strokes, allergic reactions...they're all still happening.  You won't be helped soon if you go into the ER.  If you get cancer or need surgery...nope...the hospital pharmacies are running out of Tylenol and Propofol and other necessary meds...We're in a ******* third world country scenario.

Two of my friends' wives are expecting in the next few weeks.

They should'of planned better.

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

It's looking like Cobo Hall is going to be repurposed into a hospital. Just hysteria I'm sure.

I'm going keep living my life.

29 minutes ago, Casimir said:

This is spectacularly done.

it honestly sucks that they had to keep it to 30 seconds b/c everyone knows there's much more material.

Seems like a nice tweet to bounce off of his "I don’t take responsibility at all" quote.

30 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

It's looking like Cobo Hall is going to be repurposed into a hospital. Just hysteria I'm sure.

that's better than turning it into a morgue

Just now, pfife said:

it honestly sucks that they had to keep it to 30 seconds b/c everyone knows there's much more material.

On the other hand, with all of the material that President Grab Them By The ***** has offered to us, think of all of the different 30 second spots that can be used.   (Not that I am looking forward to political promo season, it drives me crazy.)

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

That should be plenty of room for the 54 csses.

• Like 1

Just now, Charles Liston said:

That should be plenty of room for the 54 csses.

They could still even have the auto show. Ford and GM can even showcase the new ventilators they built for the 54 cases.

There's still jackasses out there going on about "the Flu"

1 minute ago, Oblong said:

There's still jackasses out there going on about "the Flu"

Keep ****ing that Chicken, Brit....

19 hours ago, Oblong said:

yeah she's fine.  My sister lives there.  She said "It doesn't look as good as it used to.....  I'll eat it but...."

It had a bit of Tony/Livia Soprano dynamic to it, without that whole "I want to kill you" thing going.  More about the comic side to it.

My mother hates meals on wheels food.  She really has no idea what 's going on most of the time, but she knows good and bad food when she sees it: "That is garbage!  I am not eating that".  My father hates it too.  Sometimes they just complain about stuff so my sister will bring more cooked food.  

I will never understand the logic behind the flu argument.  It basically amounts to this:

"Hey we're really terrible at containing the flu annually, so we must be terrible at containing covid19 too."

5 minutes ago, pfife said:

I will never understand the logic behind the flu argument.  It basically amounts to this:

"Hey we're really terrible at containing the flu annually, so we must be terrible at containing covid19 too."

Also, they keep ****ing this chicken without realizing (or just ignoring) that the number will likely exceed influenza in a very short period of time. And they keep ****ing this chicken without realizing (or just ignoring) that the problem is as much about hospital capacity as the virus itself.

Cities like New York, New Orleans and Detroit (amongst other areas) are quickly running out of space. The virus is gonna eventually get beyond the cities into the rural areas and overwhelm local health systems ability to treat COVID and non-COVID patients.

It'd be nice to see this problem addressed without the usual partisan jackwagons acting like partisan jackwagons, but we can't have nice things I guess.

Yeah it's proven that this is more contagious and has a higher death rate than the flu so posting how many people die from the flu only makes it make more sense to take drastic preventive measures.

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

You forgot the part where we don't need an arena to hold just 54 cases.

EDIT: ****, didn't see Charles Liston's answer. That's what you get for answering in the moment as you catch up rather than reading ahead.

1 hour ago, pfife said:

I think it's better that it's 30 seconds. They want to run it on TV so they can get wide distribution, especially among red hats, instead of making it some goofy length like 2:17 that would never clear air and could distribute only online and only among the choir.

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

Seems like a nice tweet to bounce off of his "I don’t take responsibility at all" quote.

They could make a whole slew of 30-second spots juxtaposing prior tweets with things he has said as president.

26 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Almost as well as this is going to hold up for Brit Hume:

21 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Also, they keep ****ing this chicken without realizing (or just ignoring) that the number will likely exceed influenza in a very short period of time. And they keep ****ing this chicken without realizing (or just ignoring) that the problem is as much about hospital capacity as the virus itself.

Cities like New York, New Orleans and Detroit (amongst other areas) are quickly running out of space. The virus is gonna eventually get beyond the cities into the rural areas and overwhelm local health systems ability to treat COVID and non-COVID patients.

It'd be nice to see this problem addressed without the usual partisan jackwagons acting like partisan jackwagons, but we can't have nice things I guess.

That's one thing I've been wondering is going to happen: is the virus going to be still rising toward its peak in rural areas and red states in general after it has already peaked and is declining in the cities and blue states?

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

That's one thing I've been wondering is going to happen: is the virus going to be still rising toward its peak in rural areas and red states in general after it has already peaked and is declining in the cities and blue states?

If the 1918 Flu is any indicator, yeah, probably. And rural areas may be hit harder than elsewhere if there is a resurgence after the summer as well.

Just now, mtutiger said:

If the 1918 Flu is any indicator, yeah, probably.

And here we had the communication capability to warn everyone in every corner of the country simultaneously and could have all worked in concert to suppress it.