chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

Ironic, the guy who kept spewing hatred towards Obama has his panties in a twist about the media hating him.

25 minutes ago, Oblong said:

not the onion

Setting aside that it all seems to be in bad faith....

I still cannot comprehend this need by the administraiton, as well as folks like Tom Cotton of Arkansas, to play the blame game when the virus is currently running roughshod and out of control...

Maybe get the virus under control and *then* we can talk about assigning blame.

16 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Setting aside that it all seems to be in bad faith....

I still cannot comprehend this need by the administraiton, as well as folks like Tom Cotton of Arkansas, to play the blame game when the virus is currently running roughshod and out of control...

Maybe get the virus under control and *then* we can talk about assigning blame.

Does it really surprise anyone coming from the same people who cared more about Obama not calling terrorism radical Islam?

just talked with my mom, who is 90, and she's not going to eat her Meals on Wheels anymore..... she thinks they want to kill all the old people and will use things like that to do it.

Thanks Trump. Thanks GOP. 

• Sad 2

The old people vote for Trump so I'm not even sure I understand Trump's plan to sacrifice the elderly for the economy?

8 minutes ago, Oblong said:

just talked with my mom, who is 90, and she's not going to eat her Meals on Wheels anymore..... she thinks they want to kill all the old people and will use things like that to do it.

God, Rob.... I’m so sorry to read that. Like all this isn’t stressful enough for our older citizens, now they get to see/hear people in positions of power offering them up as sacrifices.  I don’t blame her for drawing that conclusion.

Damn them all to ****. ?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Does she have access to other food? That is sad to hear, I'm sorry she has to go thru that. Like Sue said, it's already stressful enough for our seniors.

5 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

God, Rob.... I’m so sorry to read that. Like all this isn’t stressful enough for our older citizens, now they get to see/hear people in positions of power offering them up as sacrifices.  I don’t blame her for drawing that conclusion.

Damn them all to ****. ?

I calmed her down and we sort of laughed about it but she said "Just wait.... when they write the history of all of this..."  I told her to turn off the news.  Trouble is she had a small stroke earlier this year, is fine physically, but it messed up her eyesite a little bit so reading is hard.  She found the channel that shows infomercials so that's keeping her occupied. 

I also said to her that it's not her they are worried about... it's more people in their 60s and 70s who will be drawing for 20-30 years.  She's almost done and isn't taking much out anyway.  

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Does she have access to other food? That is sad to hear, I'm sorry she has to go thru that. Like Sue said, it's already stressful enough for our seniors.

yeah she's fine.  My sister lives there.  She said "It doesn't look as good as it used to.....  I'll eat it but...."

It had a bit of Tony/Livia Soprano dynamic to it, without that whole "I want to kill you" thing going.  More about the comic side to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Oblong said:

I also said to her that it's not her they are worried about... it's more people in their 60s and 70s who will be drawing for 20-30 years. 

True. That’s me...and **** em, I’m not ready to check out yet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

20200325_145023.thumb.jpg.f4949bf4f8bfcb37539c7b9992b60e66.jpg

Those numbers are as of yesterday.... today it's over 2200 with 43 deaths.

I wonder why Michigan has been hit so hard?  It seems like Whitmer didn't delay calling things any later than other nearby states yet you look at Ohio and they have just a fraction of Michigan.  

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I wonder why Michigan has been hit so hard?  It seems like Whitmer didn't delay calling things any later than other nearby states yet you look at Ohio and they have just a fraction of Michigan.  

My theory is that the corollary between the hardest hit states is a high rate of international travel into and out of said states. And while I don't know that Michiganders travel abroad more than some other states, DTW is one of the largest airports in the country in terms of international arrivals and departures.

Why is TP still a thing? Didn’t everyone that wanted their 42 rolls already score them in the last 2 weeks?  Can ya leave a roll or two for the rest of us that didn’t go on that scavenger hunt??

Jeez. Madon.

1 minute ago, smr-nj said:

Why is TP still a thing? Didn’t everyone that wanted their 42 rolls already score them in the last 2 weeks?  Can ya leave a roll or two for the rest of us that didn’t go on that scavenger hunt??

Jeez. Madon.

Especially after 2 weeks of being mocked for buying 10 packages.

1 hour ago, smr-nj said:

True. That’s me...and **** em, I’m not ready to check out yet. 

I thought you were much older than that. *ducks* ?

:alien:

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

My theory is that the corollary between the hardest hit states is a high rate of international travel into and out of said states. And while I don't know that Michiganders travel abroad more than some other states, DTW is one of the largest airports in the country in terms of international arrivals and departures.

Michigan had the 5th most cases in the country last I checked. I wonder if Michigan has been better at testing than other states? Remember when West Virginia had no cases? That was mostly because they were woefully under testing.

I also wonder how many people travel from Italy to Detroit because of Chrysler? I wouldn't be surprised if Detroit is near the top in the US for people traveling to and from Italy.