chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

2 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

The guy in Arizona is dead because Trump named the chemical.

Oh please.  Every major news source has reported on that study and named the chemical, among others.   It's easy to discover other uses for warfarin, but I guaran-damn-tee you that we aren't buying rat poison for my husband.  

19 minutes ago, Melody said:

Right.  That's what he does, and why only a moron would take medical advice from his twitter feed.  But I'm getting the sense that many are trashing reality because they hate him so much.  

It seems to me like some are lowering their standards for Trump because he is a moron.  This is the biggest  health crisis in a 100 years and he is too dumb to hold a coherent press conference about it, but he got part of it right even though he communicated it poorly.  He's a moron though, so that's pretty good!

• Thanks 4

Fauci is smart as ****.... Do the interview where you bash Trump with a publication called "Science".   I see what he did there....

8 minutes ago, pfife said:

Fauci is smart as ****.... Do the interview where you bash Trump with a publication called "Science".   I see what he did there....

When you are calling out people for citing Mother Jones and Rolling Stones, I'll think you aren't full of partisan ****.  I picked them because of the SCIENTIFIC citations but put in layman's terms.

Trump has no patience.  He thinks life is like a tv show.  You have episodes. This quarantine was like a two parter.  Need to move on now.  He doesn’t have the attention span to keep going.  He gets bored.  

7 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Trump has no patience.  He thinks life is like a tv show.  You have episodes. This quarantine was like a two parter.  Need to move on now.  He doesn’t have the attention span to keep going.  He gets bored.  

This sounds like a joke, but I think it's true.  

47 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

It seems to me like some are lowering their standards for Trump because he is a moron.  This is the biggest  health crisis in a 100 years and he is too dumb to hold a coherent press conference about it, but he got part of it right even though he communicated it poorly.  He's a moron though, so that's pretty good!

I think the key is to just overwhelm people with saying and doing stupid ****. Because at that point, there will always be those people who will say, "Oh come on, that's not that bad, stop being outraged" when he says or does something that, while perhaps on the lower end of his spectrum, would have been considered a four-alarm outrage had any of his predecessors said/did it.

32 minutes ago, Melody said:

When you are calling out people for citing Mother Jones and Rolling Stones, I'll think you aren't full of partisan ****.  I picked them because of the SCIENTIFIC citations but put in layman's terms.

I was just saying Trump would never read the criticisms in a publication called "Science", it was a joke about our stupid president

54 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Maybe some.   But to pass laws against a drug used by other countries and which has at least *some* evidence of effectiveness against a disease with NO treatment just because Trump called it, "promising."  That is nuts.  

10 minutes ago, Melody said:

Maybe some.   But to pass laws against a drug used by other countries and which has at least *some* evidence of effectiveness against a disease with NO treatment just because Trump called it, "promising."  That is nuts.  

Could be a game changer!  I feel good about this!

34 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

This sounds like a joke, but I think it's true.  

Exactly.  He wants rallies.  He probably can’t have sex anymore so that replaces it

25 minutes ago, Melody said:

Wait, chloroquine was banned? I missed that.

18 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Right. I don't recall him rage tweeting Mike DeWine or JB Pritzker.

The reason he hasn't raged tweeted DeWine is because Trump knows he will need Ohio to have a chance at reelection.

14 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

20200323_155225.thumb.jpg.835b9f5d19b56b3a72fbaa9f1a9b2f01.jpg

I don't know about this.  DeWine has been one of the responsible leaders in all of this and has been one of the foremost in putting a clamp on things in order to flatten the curve.

But the clown show that's part of Trump's circus, yes, they need to be out come November.

12 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

cluster

Hard pass.

12 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Why is Trump even having these daily press conferences? He never did before. I think he just wants the attention since he can't have a rally. 

In principle, I don't think it is wrong for a standing president to have a daily/periodic press conference and allow his panel of experts and principles to weigh in and inform the press/public about what is going on and what the game plan is.  I am surprised Fauci has lasted this long, but maybe he's found himself relegated to the back burner now.

10 hours ago, Melody said:

Oh please.  Every major news source has reported on that study and named the chemical, among others.   It's easy to discover other uses for warfarin, but I guaran-damn-tee you that we aren't buying rat poison for my husband.  

The victim's wife literally told NBC that it was b/c Trump was talking about it.

I've been saying since before this jabroni was "elected" that the president's words matter.   This is just another example.

• Thanks 2

Turned on C-Span radio, hear the mayor of Wrongsville, Stephen Moore's voice, and turn it off instantly.   Bill Kristol thinks that dude fails upward.

2 minutes ago, pfife said:

The victim's wife literally told NBC that it was b/c Trump was talking about it.

I've been saying since before this jabroni was "elected" that the president's words matter.   This is just another example.

There is a segment of the electorate for whom critical thinking is replaced by hero worship. 

I just read an article about a Detroit cop who died of Coronavirus. The very first comment was a serious question asking why didn't he try Chloroquine.

Just now, ROMAD1 said:

There is a segment of the electorate for whom critical thinking is replaced by hero worship. 

Look how many drank the Kool-Aid at Jonestown. We are working with a cult. If Trump told his followers to drink antifreeze, some of them will.