Jump to content

chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

Recommended Posts


2 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

So what happens when Trump tells his base that certain poisons cure this virus? Will his blind leader cause mass suicides? Does he even care? My answers would be yes to the former and no to the later.

edit; I won't even say the names of the poisons. I wouldn't want the human pumpkin to get any ideas.

He would care because he would lose votes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Dr. Gupta comes across as very intelligent but not patronizing. And he tells the truth, the best he can. This is all new for everyone but making facts up does nothing but hurt people. Telling people to try drugs that are untested for this virus is very irresponsible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tiger337 said:

He would care because he would lose votes.  

He knows he's already won the election. Putin told him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Mehhh if this continues the will be a purge style re-organization of things.  I'm OK with letting it burn.

 

ok thanos 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Florida governor is a hero. A bit late but better than doing nothing.

Oh, Florida governor to issue executive order mandating all travelers from New York and New Jersey go into 14 day self isolation. 

Enjoy those New Jersey beaches...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

He would care because he would lose votes.  

And on that note.....

“Man dies after ingesting chloroquine in an attempt to prevent coronavirus” (news report- from Arizona)

Wonder where he got THAT idea?🤔

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

My wife is an ICU nurse and works 12 hour shifts. When she gets home, she cries herself to sleep. Wakes up and does it all over again. She says with the limited masks and other protection, she knows she'll eventually be exposed. But she'll continue to help patients as long as she can. She also insisted I move into my brothers house. And made me take the dog.

Its uncool to talk about some other guy's wife, but here goes.  Your wife's a saint.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

My wife is an ICU nurse and works 12 hour shifts. When she gets home, she cries herself to sleep. Wakes up and does it all over again. She says with the limited masks and other protection, she knows she'll eventually be exposed. But she'll continue to help patients as long as she can. She also insisted I move into my brothers house. And made me take the dog.

Glad she (along with many others) make the choice to help us. Especially in times like these.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

And on that note.....

“Man dies after ingesting chloroquine in an attempt to prevent coronavirus” (news report- from Arizona)

Wonder where he got THAT idea?🤔

chloroquine don't kill people.  People kill people.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I just read through the entire thread.  That was nasty.  Most trolls at least have a sense of humor.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, apabruce said:

Its uncool to talk about some other guy's wife, but here goes.  Your wife's a saint.

Actually, thank you for saying that. And I'm man enough to admit I cried when she sent me this text this morning (she's 55 years old);

"Well I guess I have resigned myself to do what I have to. I was meant to help others. I'm old. Had a good life. I think I'd survive but if I don't, I'm ok with that."

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife is a therapist on ICU. She’s not seeing those patients.  There’s 4 confirmed with more pending.   I’m a little freaked.  She’s not coming into contact with them but she’s around doctors and nurses who are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

Actually, thank you for saying that. And I'm man enough to admit I cried when she sent me this text this morning (she's 55 years old);

"Well I guess I have resigned myself to do what I have to. I was meant to help others. I'm old. Had a good life. I think I'd survive but if I don't, I'm ok with that."

Wow that is deep, I'd be crying too.  But people like her are the real heroes in this world and without them we'd all be screwed.  God bless her! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Oblong said:

My wife is a therapist on ICU. She’s not seeing those patients.  There’s 4 confirmed with more pending.   I’m a little freaked.  She’s not coming into contact with them but she’s around doctors and nurses who are. 

I can see the huge need from her. I can't imagine going into work and watching people die. It would really mess with someone's head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

And on that note.....

“Man dies after ingesting chloroquine in an attempt to prevent coronavirus” (news report- from Arizona)

Wonder where he got THAT idea?🤔

I can totally see Trump hearing about this and just leaning back in his chair guffawing and saying to the sycophants around him, "Oh my god, can you actually believe that guy did that?!", and they all dissolve in laughter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He'd pat himself on the back because that would mean one less potential coronavirus victim.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

My wife is an ICU nurse and works 12 hour shifts. When she gets home, she cries herself to sleep. Wakes up and does it all over again. She says with the limited masks and other protection, she knows she'll eventually be exposed. But she'll continue to help patients as long as she can. She also insisted I move into my brothers house. And made me take the dog.

We are all lucky there are people like your wife. God bless her and give her the strength, courage and stamina to keep going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

He'd pat himself on the back because that would mean one less potential coronavirus victim.  

It would also mean one less supporter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chasfh said:

We are all lucky there are people like your wife. God bless her and give her the strength, courage and stamina to keep going.

Yes, she really is the caring type. TBH? I told her to quit, no job is worth potentially losing her life. Her response is this is what she's trained to do. If she does get it, I pray it's a mild case. And I'm not even religious. 

edit; and I know it doesn't excuse my behavior here, or on Twitter. I want to apologize for losing it a bit today. But people who downplay this virus get to me really easy. Public apology Sue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...