chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

2 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

So what happens when Trump tells his base that certain poisons cure this virus? Will his blind leader cause mass suicides? Does he even care? My answers would be yes to the former and no to the later.

edit; I won't even say the names of the poisons. I wouldn't want the human pumpkin to get any ideas.

He would care because he would lose votes.  

That Dr. Gupta comes across as very intelligent but not patronizing. And he tells the truth, the best he can. This is all new for everyone but making facts up does nothing but hurt people. Telling people to try drugs that are untested for this virus is very irresponsible. 

1 minute ago, tiger337 said:

He knows he's already won the election. Putin told him.

1 hour ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Mehhh if this continues the will be a purge style re-organization of things.  I'm OK with letting it burn.

ok thanos 

• Haha 1

Florida governor is a hero. A bit late but better than doing nothing.

Oh, Florida governor to issue executive order mandating all travelers from New York and New Jersey go into 14 day self isolation. 

Enjoy those New Jersey beaches...lol

12 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

And on that note.....

“Man dies after ingesting chloroquine in an attempt to prevent coronavirus” (news report- from Arizona)

Wonder where he got THAT idea?🤔

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

My wife is an ICU nurse and works 12 hour shifts. When she gets home, she cries herself to sleep. Wakes up and does it all over again. She says with the limited masks and other protection, she knows she'll eventually be exposed. But she'll continue to help patients as long as she can. She also insisted I move into my brothers house. And made me take the dog.

Its uncool to talk about some other guy's wife, but here goes.  Your wife's a saint.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

My wife is an ICU nurse and works 12 hour shifts. When she gets home, she cries herself to sleep. Wakes up and does it all over again. She says with the limited masks and other protection, she knows she'll eventually be exposed. But she'll continue to help patients as long as she can. She also insisted I move into my brothers house. And made me take the dog.

Glad she (along with many others) make the choice to help us. Especially in times like these.

4 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

And on that note.....

“Man dies after ingesting chloroquine in an attempt to prevent coronavirus” (news report- from Arizona)

chloroquine don't kill people.  People kill people.  

Wow, I just read through the entire thread.  That was nasty.  Most trolls at least have a sense of humor.   

4 minutes ago, apabruce said:

Its uncool to talk about some other guy's wife, but here goes.  Your wife's a saint.

Actually, thank you for saying that. And I'm man enough to admit I cried when she sent me this text this morning (she's 55 years old);

"Well I guess I have resigned myself to do what I have to. I was meant to help others. I'm old. Had a good life. I think I'd survive but if I don't, I'm ok with that."

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

My wife is a therapist on ICU. She’s not seeing those patients.  There’s 4 confirmed with more pending.   I’m a little freaked.  She’s not coming into contact with them but she’s around doctors and nurses who are. 

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

Actually, thank you for saying that. And I'm man enough to admit I cried when she sent me this text this morning (she's 55 years old);

"Well I guess I have resigned myself to do what I have to. I was meant to help others. I'm old. Had a good life. I think I'd survive but if I don't, I'm ok with that."

Wow that is deep, I'd be crying too.  But people like her are the real heroes in this world and without them we'd all be screwed.  God bless her! 

1 minute ago, Oblong said:

My wife is a therapist on ICU. She’s not seeing those patients.  There’s 4 confirmed with more pending.   I’m a little freaked.  She’s not coming into contact with them but she’s around doctors and nurses who are. 

I can see the huge need from her. I can't imagine going into work and watching people die. It would really mess with someone's head.

11 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

And on that note.....

I can totally see Trump hearing about this and just leaning back in his chair guffawing and saying to the sycophants around him, "Oh my god, can you actually believe that guy did that?!", and they all dissolve in laughter.

He'd pat himself on the back because that would mean one less potential coronavirus victim.  

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

We are all lucky there are people like your wife. God bless her and give her the strength, courage and stamina to keep going.

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

He'd pat himself on the back because that would mean one less potential coronavirus victim.  

It would also mean one less supporter. 

4 minutes ago, chasfh said:

We are all lucky there are people like your wife. God bless her and give her the strength, courage and stamina to keep going.

Yes, she really is the caring type. TBH? I told her to quit, no job is worth potentially losing her life. Her response is this is what she's trained to do. If she does get it, I pray it's a mild case. And I'm not even religious. 

edit; and I know it doesn't excuse my behavior here, or on Twitter. I want to apologize for losing it a bit today. But people who downplay this virus get to me really easy. Public apology Sue.