chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

58 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Can you imagine in Matt Bevin was still governor of KY?

4 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

Can you imagine in Matt Bevin was still governor of KY?

I struggle with cases like that. There are two pretty dense cities in Tennessee with lots of tourists (Memphis and Nashville). It makes some sense that it would take off there.

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

**** is upside down when I'm agreeing with Larry the Cable Guy.

He's not wrong.

2 hours ago, CMRivdog said:

Snake oil salesman in chief

In other words, President Puffnuts has ties to hydroxychloroquine & azithomycin shareholders.

On 3/13/2020 at 3:49 PM, Casimir said:

I'd like to see him catch COVID-19.

I take back none of this.  With the knowledge of how Trump has mishandled this from the very beginning and continues to mangle the oval office's response to it, I take back nothing that I said about Trump being on the receiving end of his failure to execute his technical responsibilities as leader properly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I take back none of this.  With the knowledge of how Trump has mishandled this from the very beginning and continues to mangle the oval office's response to it, I take back nothing that I said about Trump being on the receiving end of his failure to execute his technical responsibilities as leader properly.

I don't agree. But that's just my opinion. I wouldn't wish this illness on anyone. And I think I have made my opinion of him very well known. When they go low, we should take the high road.

I don't wish the illness on him. I just wish he'd look at how Governors are handling this situation and revise his strategy. I really do. Stick to the facts, don't make claims that aren't gonna be backed up upon further examination, defer to the experts, try to calm the American public. 

It's the very least any of us should expect from those in executive offices, even those who one may disagree with 95+% of the time. Basic stuff. And he's just not been doing it.

His doubling and tripling down and contradicting the experts on chloroquine is a huge problem... especially for those who need it for other ailments.

13 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I don't agree. But that's just my opinion. I wouldn't wish this illness on anyone. And I think I have made my opinion of him very well known. When they go low, we should take the high road.

4 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I don't wish the illness on him. I just wish he'd look at how Governors are handling this situation and revise his strategy. I really do. Stick to the facts, don't make claims that aren't gonna be backed up upon further examination, defer to the experts, try to calm the American public. 

It's the very least any of us should expect from those in executive offices, even those who one may disagree with 95+% of the time. Basic stuff. And he's just not been doing it.

Trump is pure selfish evil greed.  We elect leaders to lead.  He is the absolute antithesis of what we need right now.  He's busy blaming the media after the fact that he was too stubborn to put forth any action to quell as much of this as possible.  I understand there's no handbook for how to deal with a pandemic.  But he keeps allowing his ego to get in the way of handling the problem properly.

• Thanks 1

He's not an expert on any of this and he's trying to fake that he is and has everything under control.  "Its just one guy from China."  His inactions have been wrong, his actions have been wrong.  Honestly, outside of allowing Dr. Fauci some air time, what has he handled correctly so far?  He has taken a bad situation and made it worse.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Trump is pure selfish evil greed.  We elect leaders to lead.  He is the absolute antithesis of what we need right now.  He's busy blaming the media after the fact that he was too stubborn to put forth any action to quell as much of this as possible.  I understand there's no handbook for how to deal with a pandemic.  But he keeps allowing his ego to get in the way of handling the problem properly.

Oh yeah, I agree 100%. The man is a danger to the entire country. But he has 2 major underlying conditions, his age and being obese. If he were to catch it, he may not make it. And do we want him off the hook by dying? I would much rather watch him get beat next November. Watching him crying to the courts about an unfair election would make me much more happy.

14 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

His doubling and tripling down and contradicting the experts on chloroquine is a huge problem... especially for those who need it for other ailments.

7 minutes ago, Casimir said:

He's not an expert on any of this and he's trying to fake that he is and has everything under control.  "Its just one guy from China."  His inactions have been wrong, his actions have been wrong.  Honestly, outside of allowing Dr. Fauci some air time, what has he handled correctly so far?  He has taken a bad situation and made it worse.

This is why, while I probably disagree with Pence as much or more than Trump on almost all issues, I'd rather have him as President right now. Because, my guess, is that he'd set the petty political bull**** aside and stick to the facts, not make claims that wouldn't withstand scrutiny, would be calming and capable of empathy, etc.

I just want basic competence. I'm getting that at the state executive level where I live, but outside of Fauci, I don't see much competence from the federal executive level at the moment.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Oh yeah, I agree 100%. The man is a danger to the entire country. But he has 2 major underlying conditions, his age and being obese. If he were to catch it, he may not make it. And do we want him off the hook by dying? I would much rather watch him get beat next November. Watching him crying to the courts about an unfair election would make me much more happy.

You said it yourself.  The man is a danger to the entire country.  And this has proven it.

Let's be honest.  He doesn't give a hoot about any of us making it to November.  And do we really think he is the best option right now to navigate us to November and beyond?  I don't necessarily want Pence in their either, but at this point, he's probably a better option than Trump.

33 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I understand there's no handbook for how to deal with a pandemic.  

This isn't even true. Public health professionals  and epidemiologists and economic planners have deep playbooks on exactly how to deal with 'this'. It's been foreseen and strategized about for decades. More accurately, Trump, and the intellectual vacuum he surrounds himself with, have no handbook for how to function or even focus their intellects, such as they may be,  in any arena beyond ther own self-interest.

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Casimir said:

You said it yourself.  The man is a danger to the entire country.  And this has proven it.

Let's be honest.  He doesn't give a hoot about any of us making it to November.  And do we really think he is the best option right now to navigate us to November and beyond?  I don't necessarily want Pence in their either, but at this point, he's probably a better option than Trump.

My dog is probably a better option. But my point is I wouldn't want even my worst enemy to get this virus if he/she had the underlying conditions Trump has. 

Reporting the truth that makes Trump look bad? Fake news.

Reporting his lies as the truth? Good reporting.

And every single time our President says he wishes we would have had more time with a warning? Well, China announced there was a problem in December. What steps did our government take at that time?

The only thing the Narcissist-in-Chief cares about is himself. If he got COVID-19 he might actually take it seriously, or at least let the adults take over the mic.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

This isn't even true. Public health professionals  and epidemiologists and economic planners have deep playbooks on exactly how to deal with 'this'. It's been foreseen and strategized about for decades. More accurately, Trump, and the intellectual vacuum he surrounds himself with, have no handbook for how to function or even focus their intellects, such as they may be,  in any arena beyond ther own self-interest.

This is absolutely correct.  

37 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Let's be honest.  He doesn't give a hoot about any of us making it to November. 

He wants his supporters making it to November.  What happens after that is their problem.  

5 hours ago, chasfh said:

I don’t know who the f*** Evangeline Lilly is, but I doubt she will be getting much work after we get to the other side of this, except maybe in Christian rapture films.

Antman and the Wasp.

As of today, the US has surpassed Iran in the number of infections.

I knew we could beat Iran!  From here on out, our eyes are on #1.  USA #1!!!  Can't let China beat us!

• Like 1