chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

10 hours ago, Shelton said:

How many people were saying this?

I see a lot of people still saying that this is the same thing as the flu and we shouldn't be scared and shutting everything down.  

14 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

Snake oil salesman in chief

It’s almost as though Trump’s actively trying to cull the herd. The thing he’s miscalculating is, his is the only herd that will listen to and believe him.

This is for the people actually in MI.

Are the car dealerships open?

Can you provide a link that states anything either way?

Thanks!

:alien:

8 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I see a lot of people still saying that this is the same thing as the flu and we shouldn't be scared and shutting everything down.  

For example:

Evangeline Lilly Dismisses Coronavirus as a "Flu" and Says She Isn't Social Distancing

Thu., Mar. 19, 2020 1:15 PM

The coronavirus may be forcing millions of people indoors, but Evangeline Lilly isn't one of them.

On Monday, the Lost star revealed on Instagram she's taking her chances and continuing to live life "as usual" despite warnings from the government and the World Health Organization. Evangeline added she's continuing to take her two children to gymnastics camp, with the added precaution of making them wash their hands before they go. 

"I think we all need to slow down, take a breath and look at the facts we are being presented with," she told one commenter. "They do not add up to the all-out, global lockdown, control, pandemonia (sic) and insanity we are experiencing."

In fact, the star believes COVID-19 is nothing but a "respiratory flu" that the government is using as an opportunity to "grab more power."

https://m.eonline.com/uk/news/1132655/evangeline-lilly-dismisses-coronavirus-as-a-flu-and-says-she-isn-t-social-distancing

I don’t know who the f*** Evangeline Lilly is, but I doubt she will be getting much work after we get to the other side of this, except maybe in Christian rapture films.

28 minutes ago, chasfh said:

The first paragraph:

Executive Summary

Right now 2 million Americans are infected with the coronavirus. The total U.S. death toll by April 15th will be more than 20,000. We estimate that 80 thousand of the 2 million infected Americans will be hospitalized over the next 2 weeks. That’s why we are short-term bullish on hospital stocks.

Some are born great, others achieve greatness, and others day-trade on the tragedy.

"Hospital stocks", 2 words that should never appear side by side.  Just nationalize them right now.

21 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I don’t know who the f*** Evangeline Lilly is, but I doubt she will be getting much work after we get to the other side of this, except maybe in Christian rapture films.

If you don’t know Evangeline Lilly, you should spend some of this quarantine time to go back and watch Lost.    It will be worth it. 

30 minutes ago, The Ronz said:

This is for the people actually in MI.

Are the car dealerships open?

Can you provide a link that states anything either way?

Thanks!

You might want to check individual dealer websites. The one we deal with posted hours, they are also offering to bring vehicles to you

23 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

If you don’t know Evangeline Lilly, you should spend some of this quarantine time to go back and watch Lost.    It will be worth it. 

Not my bag, but I appreciate the tip. 

1 hour ago, CMRivdog said:

Snake oil salesman in chief

Dr. Fauci contradicted this in the briefing yesterday 

34 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

You might want to check individual dealer websites. The one we deal with posted hours, they are also offering to bring vehicles to you

Thanks!

I was told that dealerships were closed statewide but this does not seem to be the case.

Saturday morning 1030am. Shortages appear to be widening here. Hopefully short term. 

4D6F6EA9-3A3A-4132-9EE1-525383BD8E25.jpeg

17F70F35-D94F-42B6-B5C7-690F977CEBC1.jpeg

4275F9F1-8A2D-4BF3-BD3A-FA787A26CD36.jpeg

F191079A-51A1-4BC0-ABAC-490FDBC054D3.jpeg

1EF03352-7B32-4D74-8693-72479042302F.jpeg

On 2/28/2020 at 4:52 PM, John_Brian_K said:

Why does that dudes name have to come up in every post on these threads?  I didn't say anything about him.  I agree with Papi about this being manufactured hysteria and that it will go away.  Do I need proof of that?  No.  I would bet real money this is a non issue in 2 months, probably much less.

You lose.

And when was the last time you saw this sign at a major chain supermarket?

E396ACF8-81EE-4A1A-94D5-72D5DB87E7F1.jpeg

I go back to the NBA player.  That was on a Wednesday (I was home painting that day). The main talk on CNN was Bidens wins the night before.  My sons college and others closed. Over the next 24 hours sports closed up. Thursday night we got word schools were closing in Michigan. Imagine if we did that a week prior and have a **** load of testing kits. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

You lose.

It was a poor prediction on his part, but he didn't double down on it after proven wrong like some people have.  

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

the righties are spreading this article around now:

https://medium.com/six-four-six-nine/evidence-over-hysteria-covid-19-1b767def5894

this is weird kind of a mish-mash of good data, some reasonable inferences and then a lot rosy scenario'ing. 

The data is tranmissibility is useful, but even there some of the comparisons made are just stupid. For instance, you can't make any meaningful or useful comparison between the infection ratio of HIV - a purely bodily fluid borne disease, and an airborne virus that infects via ingestion or inhalation.

But in a sense all the detailed arguments around the statistics are quite beside the point, we are already seeing hospital systems unable to cope, and that all by itself drives up mortality from all causes in society and is a public health disaster regardless of the nature of the underlying drivers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

Dr. Fauci contradicted this in the briefing yesterday 

The POTASS tweet was from this morning. Like a three year old he never listens

26 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

It was a poor prediction on his part, but he didn't double down on it after proven wrong like some people have.  

Putting a logarithmic scale on the trajectories graph is a nice touch if you want to downplay it.

Also arguing the base is only growing a little bit is not a good argument about exponential growth.