chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

22 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Michigan cases increased to 80 and recorded the first death. Remember yesterday when hopper was telling us it's only 54? Number increased by 26 in 24 hours and still climbing. 

26 is not 54, therefore it isn't exponential.

#mathfacts

2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Closing the Canadian border another deck chair move by our Titanic crew in DC. That is just silliness at this point.

I don't blame Canada at all for wanting that border closed.

2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

He didn't really say that, did he?

OK - with the context it isn't quite so damning. But a good leader might have added "I will make it my business to change that..."  Sometimes the chance to show leadership isn't hard at all, all you have to do is pick it up instead of punting it.

He would be unconstitutionally unable to say what you've added, because Trump believes the advantage of wealth on every count should be the story of life.

21 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I always thought he'd make a good general.  

The best. The greatest of all time. The other generals would lick his boots.

2 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Talk about fake news!!

20200318_135054.thumb.jpg.ce307a24435dcb8ac74316ad1c1944d0.jpg

If that were true, half of us here could never get it. 😎

2 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

Trump has not seen plan that lays out 18-month fight

With all the lies that have come out of his mouth during these briefings, can we actually believe a word he says?

2 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

He's a wartime president now.  

I think that's going to work well for him. The red hat class, which makes up a disproportionate share of the warrior class, will readily identify with and respond to the characterization, and at the same time, Trump won't have to send their children to die in the desert for him. Win.

1 hour ago, Charles Liston said:

This is certainly not a good marketplace for a hotel owner.  And guess who owns the most heavily leveraged hotel chains.

Bailout ahoy!

Amidst everything going on right now...I am literally shocked at how many people still want to point the finger at people and blame them.  There will be time for that later...how about focusing your attention on more important matters?  Is that possible?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RatkoVarda said:

If you want to hear Fox lies and disinformation on COVID-19, you won't have to pay for it.

From an LA Times story about this:

In recent years, the company has stepped up its digital offerings in an effort to draw younger audiences. On Wednesday, Fox said as part of its initiative, Fox News would be available for free to consumers on FOXNews.com, FOX.com and Fox’s apps. Its 29 television stations, including KTTV-TV Channel 11 in Los Angeles, will be available for free on FOX.com and the FOX NOW app.

I didn't see what I thought I might, so shhh ... don't tell them I said this, but if I were them, I would strongly consider giving over one of the digital subchannels on each of their 29 O&Os over to Fox News. That way they could indoctrinate at least another million, maybe more, viewers who don't or can't see Fox News now.

And by the way, NBC should be giving over a digital subchannel on each of their 11 O&Os to MSNBC as well. You can tell them I said that.

9 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

Amidst everything going on right now...I am literally shocked at how many people still want to point the finger at people and blame them.  There will be time for that later...how about focusing your attention on more important matters?  Is that possible?

Ouch! Lucky me, I'm only figuratively shocked.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

People pointing fingers is a hoax. Anyone who believes that is fear mongering. Of the 350 million citizens in America, I'm sure it's less than 60% of people blaming the guy who refuses to take responsibility. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

The problem is, our leaders haven't been focusing on the important matters themselves.  We need new leadership--not in November--NOW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

30 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

we are in a full-on crisis that is being managed by pure incompetence with many lives in the balance, I’m sure as **** going to speak up about it. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TheCouga said:

The problem is, our leaders haven't been focusing on the important matters themselves.  We need new leadership--not in November--NOW.

It starts at the top.

When you have a CiC who wants to engage in his typical marketing/messaging bull**** (ie. "The China Virus") when Americans are dying, why would it be surprising that others would engage in the blame game as well?

I really really would prefer we all came together at this time. I am rooting for my Governor (who I otherwise don't like) to succeed in helping our state. As I suspect most Americans are rooting for their state and local officials to succeed. But our leaders in the federal government should be more like our Governor in dropping the petty political bull**** and just trying to help the situation. Period.

9 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Just another lie. Each sentence has at least one.

Trump wants to send it to Oklahoma when its fixed.

Just thinking of all the triage that would be necessary if we did nothing should scare any normal person out of the idea that 3.4% is nothing...

Ron Johnson does realize that 3.4% of 320,000,000 is 11,000,000? It's not tens of thousands, it's millions. If the US doesn't take measures, it would be higher than 3.4%.

By the way, is this assigning blame to Johnson? Don't want to be mean and point out he is part of the problem. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

Ron Johnson does realize that 3.4% of 320,000,000 is 11,000,000? It's not tens of thousands, it's millions. If the US doesn't take measures, it would be higher than 3.4%.

By the way, is this assigning blame to Johnson? Don't want to be mean and point out he is part of the problem. 

to put this another way: So what if everyone if Wisconsin and Minnesota dies?