chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

I just got back from TP shopping.   The supermarkets were out, but there were a few packages of Angel Soft left at WalGreens.   I bought one 12 pack.  

I learned today that the local Costco gets it daily, and apparently sells out within 30 mins of doors open.

Will probably be back there again tmrw at opening lol

2 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I just got back from TP shopping.   The supermarkets were out, but there were a few packages of Angel Soft left at WalGreens.   I bought one 12 pack.  

Trade you for a carton of smokes.

• Like 1

How much longer before people start claiming medical marijuana cures the virus?

"Hey you, don't bogart the bong, pass it"

4 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

How much longer before people start claiming medical marijuana cures the virus?

"Hey you, don't bogart the bong, pass it"

Are people rolling it in toilet paper?

1 hour ago, smr-nj said:

Well, just got notified that my small NJ town (population around 10,000) has its first case of COVID19.

And so it begins.😕

Probably brought in from a Pennsylvanian after liquor.

For all the cannabis users;

Stop sharing joints, blunts, and bongs while coronavirus is spreading

The puff-and-pass customs surrounding cannabis are among the greatest pleasures of the plant. But passing around a joint is is a good way to spread any virus, including COVID-19. For now, stick to your own supply and offer a friendly elbow bump.

6 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I almost took delivery of that car..damn

21 minutes ago, jaymo said:

Probably brought in from a Pennsylvanian after liquor.

Damn Quakers.

Get off my lawn.

This is certainly not a good marketplace for a hotel owner.  And guess who owns the most heavily leveraged hotel chains.

12 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

The Trump stock market is gone.  The crash is not his fault, but I don't give him credit for the gain either.  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/18/investing/stocks-erase-trump-gains/index.html

The initial cause is not, but the severity of the market response is certainly already in large part his fault. The capital class are not dumb. They made their bargain to support Trump with their eyes open, but now that it comes home to roost, the short sighted policies to overdrive the economy ever since his election,  and even more so  his obvious inadequacy as a crisis leader, are both as plain to them as to any progressive.  I guarantee that is a factor in the lack of longer term confidence that would otherwise be supporting valuations.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

It is probably a good idea that NBA players get tests.  They come into a contact with a lot of random people and move around the country a lot more than a normal person.  They have a really high chance to spread it to a lot of people in a lot of different areas.  

good point, I buy it

If you want to hear Fox lies and disinformation on COVID-19, you won't have to pay for it.

Beaumont guy says their system has dozens of patients...

4 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Things just got a lot more stressed for UM students. The initial move to on-line instruction envisioned students staying on campus. Now the U has asked everyone who can go home to do so (you basically have to 'apply' to stay i.e. get permission - not clear what the criteria will be there). Of course when you have an international student body that scatters across 24 time zones, even co-operating on-line suddenly becomes a lot more difficult.

This is what Stanford did earlier this week when Santa Clara county made their ordinance no more than 35 people (but before the shelter-in-place order). It was as much of a clusterf~ as could be expected. I up and filed transfer petitions to just graduate early (this quarter) because it was not going to be worth a 10-week headache (if they even follow through with the full quarter).

Michigan cases increased to 80 and recorded the first death. Remember yesterday when hopper was telling us it's only 54? Number increased by 26 in 24 hours and still climbing. 

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Michigan cases increased to 80 and recorded the first death. Remember yesterday when hopper was telling us it's only 54? Number increased by 26 in 24 hours and still climbing. 

We can't be that concerned about new positive tests. The numbers are going to go way up with the tests only being given to ill people. If they tested every citizen, the numbers would go down. But at the current rate, it would take months to have that many tests available. 

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

It is probably a good idea that NBA players get tests.  They come into a contact with a lot of random people and move around the country a lot more than a normal person.  They have a really high chance to spread it to a lot of people in a lot of different areas.  

Like Wilt Chamberlain

1 hour ago, Charles Liston said:

He's a wartime president now.  

I always thought he'd make a good general.