chasfh

Coronavirus: Coming to a Neighborhood Near You?

2 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

Funny, I tried to order some from Staples.com. I ordered it on Friday and noticed the next day it wasn’t being delivered until 4/13 so I had to cancel it. Oops. I may check out the closest Office Max if the Kroger and and Meijer by me have not restocked. 

When you go to Meijer, go in the back where the entrance to the stock room is. Sunday when I was at Meijer there were two employees with a flatbed of toilet paper handing out one package per customer. They weren't putting it on the shelves. You would hardly even know they were there unless you walked by them.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

I’ve heard people having luck at Staples, Office Max.

yesterday I drove by an RV place that was advertising on their electronic marquee that they had TP

• Like 1

I tell you what.  This thing has shown me what dirty habits people have.   When I was at the Sam's Club earlier in the week to pick up a prescription, more people were clearly using the sanitizing wipes on the carts.  Which was good.   But the reason I could tell was that they were then throwing them on the floor instead of in the waste basket that was RIGHT THERE.  Should have taken a picture.  It was so gross.

Why is it that regular people are encouraged to hvae 3 months in emergency money saved up but corporations after a week are totally broke?

We passed a huge tax cut so that people could get an extra $3 a week and corporations could get billions.... so then they buy back their stock.... now they need more?  

what a scam

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

9 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Why is it that regular people are encouraged to hvae 3 months in emergency money saved up but corporations after a week are totally broke?

We passed a huge tax cut so that people could get an extra $3 a week and corporations could get billions.... so then they buy back their stock.... now they need more?  

what a scam

Yup.

14 minutes ago, Oblong said:

what a scam

Except there are plenty of businesses positioned to weather this.  They just don't get the media attention.  

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

Except there are plenty of businesses positioned to weather this.  They just don't get the media attention.  

That doesn't go against oblong's post though.  It just shows that responsible companies are able to handle a crisis whereas irresponsible and greedy ones can not even after recent massive tax breaks.  So, why are we bailing out the bad ones?  

• Thanks 1

I have zero need for a 1000 check. My brother so far has had his place of work shut down, and my father may.  They would get my check if they need it.

I'm also considering what do do with the extra 30 or so dollars a week in gas money not being spent driving to work. Probably to the local food bank.

4 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

That doesn't go against oblong's post though.  It just shows that responsible companies are able to handle a crisis whereas irresponsible and greedy ones can not even after recent massive tax breaks.  So, why are we bailing out the bad ones?  

I'm probably one of two or three people here who have constantly been against every bailout.  So you're asking the wrong person.

4 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

This is why I oppose student loan elimination :)

2 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I would take my $1,000 check right to the casi...****.

The Uncle Sam Freeroll! 

9 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

They're connected.

5 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Of course. Can't bail out responsible people and irresponsible corporations at the same time. Something's gotta give.

7 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I would take my $1,000 check right to the casi...****.

Right to the Casimir?  Wow, thanks, but I don't need it.

11 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I'm probably one of two or three people here who have constantly been against every bailout.  So you're asking the wrong person.

I didn't expect you to be in favor of bailouts.  I just thought you misinterpreted what oblong was saying.

16 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

As long as you are consistent.

I am not in favor of elimination because a college education has a lot of value and should cost something.  However, it's not good for the country to have millions of people in hopeless debt caused in part by predatory loans and false promises (as well as poor planing on their own part).  I am in favor of some kind of creative relief perhaps based on their current salary.  

I'm in favor of bailing out the companies that really need it.... my comment was directed more towards the large ones like Boeing and the airlines and cruise industries, etc.  They had the money.  

IT's the small business owners that I worry about.  They should get assistance.  

12 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Instead of sending $1,000 checks, couldn't they send pre-loaded EBT cards to people?

I was wondering something similar. Then check cashing operations wouldn't be able to take a cut.

Just now, Oblong said:

I'm in favor of bailing out the companies that really need it.... my comment was directed more towards the large ones like Boeing and the airlines and cruise industries, etc.  They had the money.  

Depending on how narrowly they define "small", I could get on board with this.

Just now, Oblong said:

my son said coughing is the new N word

Nice!

I was thinking yesterday that coughing and sneezing is going to be considered the same as farting.

4 minutes ago, Oblong said:

You can make an argument for bailing out Boeing because they are a defense contractor.  

Maybe if they bail them out one of the stipulations is they spin off BDS into its own company.  Let the rest wither on the vine.