wockenfussy

Riley Greene

9 hours ago, bobrob2004 said:

Yes.  But seriously, they have 3 hitting coaches and 3 pitching coaches.  Why?  

I only bring up the fact that one is a women because it should have been bigger news.  

This has been pretty big news I believe. A fair amount of discussion took place on social media when she got the gig. SF will be an interesting bunch to watch this year. The fan base was not at all happy with Kapler getting the manager’s job.

10 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

The Tigers head hitting coach never made it to the majors!

But his son, Terrin Vavra, was named South Atlantic League’s MVP for 2019?

9 hours ago, 1776 said:

She was named as a possible GM or president of baseball operations for SF after Bobby Evans was removed from his post as I recall. Zaidi got the gig instead. 

I think I remember hearing about her before Zaidi got the job.  Obviously there is the gender angle which catches attention.  The other thing that was memorable about to me was her last name, Ng, with no vowels.

I remember reading her bio. She is a very accomplished person. I would not be surprised if she doesn’t succeed at a higher level in the league at some point.

On 2/29/2020 at 5:42 PM, bobrob2004 said:

It depends on the age when they first sign.  19 and older it's 4 years; 18 and younger it's 5 years.

How did Elvis Luciano become Rule V eligible in less than two years?

6 minutes ago, chasfh said:

That was a result of the Diamondbacks voiding his original contract due to an injury issue. Once he was voided and re-signed, that immediately made him eligible for every Rule 5 draft that he wasn't on the 40-man roster. It's a quirk in the eligibility rule.

7 minutes ago, chasfh said:

A very rare rule.  The Diamondbacks initially voided his original contract due to health issues.  Then the resigned him.  Because of these actions, he immediately became rule 5 eligible every year since.  

https://www.thestar.com/sports/bluejays/2018/12/13/jays-select-luciano-in-rule-5-draft-lose-pitchers-romano-bergen.html

Thanks, guys. I was actually looking up the rule in the Professional Baseball Rules Book while you answered this. It is under MLR 5(c)(2):

2020-03-02_8-42-09.thumb.jpg.4e1d910fab682182b34ea4553dffccb7.jpg

22 minutes ago, chasfh said:

That pick looked like a crappy move on the Jays part too, but he actually was doing alright for them in Sept last season. It was mop-up duty but he didn't give up an ER in Sept. in 5 appearances.

Elvia Luciano is also the first-even major leaguer born in the 2000s. At least that's what his papers say.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

I believe it is a little known loophole exclusively for any professional baseball player with the name Elvis.  Or RuPaul.

On 2/27/2020 at 10:04 AM, Casimir said:

But to Lee's point, yes, there is nobody blocking Greene.  (Except Greene himself.)

Or as FDR might say:  'There is nothing to Greene ..'cept Greene himself!'

When I drink grape juice my dumps are green. Not always a good things to be green. Just ask Kermit

20 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

I feel bad for Moe Greene.  A perfectly good pair of glasses got ruined.

Every time I go to Vegas I look for a plaque, a signpost, or a statue of him there.... still can't find one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Poor Moe, gets hated on just cause he straightens somebody out for banging cocktail waitresses two at a time.  I mean if I was trying to get a drink at the table I'd be pretty pissed off too.

• Like 1