Casimir

02/25/2020 9:00 EST Detroit Pistons vs Denver Nuggets

02/25/2020 9:00 EST from Denver, Colorado...

DET-2020.png  DEN-2020.png

Detroit Pistons (19-40) vs Denver Nuggets (39-18)

8 hours ago, Casimir said:

02/25/2020 9:00 EST from Denver, Colorado...

DET-2020.png  DEN-2020.png

Detroit Pistons (19-40) vs Denver Nuggets (39-18)

Jokic has been on fire since the first month of the season and he will be guarded by Wood and Thon.

This will get ugly.

1 hour ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Jokic has been on fire since the first month of the season and he will be guarded by Wood and Thon.

This will get ugly.

I doubt much worse than the 39 he had against Drummond.

Wood needs to get out and run as much as possible.  Then constantly move on offense, wear Jokic down.  

Shaq telling a Kobe story.  It should go right to the story but if not, go to 2m15s.

NSFW.

13 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Shaq telling a Kobe story.  It should go right to the story but if not, go to 2m15s.

NSFW.

Can't help but wonder, how big a star would either of the two of them be coming into the NBA today?

13 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Can't help but wonder, how big a star would either of the two of them be coming into the NBA today?

They would be about the same.

Kobe was supposedly a tireless worker.  So it makes sense he would have put more effort into a 3PT shot today.

Shaq would struggle a lot with perimeter defense.  But he was good enough on offense to overlook it.  He might be even better today since not a lot of teams don't have that 250+ pound C to throw at him.  The extra spacing would help him in the post as well since he wouldn't face as many double teams.

Was curious what Cavs fans were thinking about Drummond.  I wandered into their game thread and copied some comments.

Getting Drummond has given me a whole new appreciation for TT

Lol...Drummond with the golf clap on that Nance basket. He doesn't give a **** about them winning.

I’m praying Drummond is worth something to a team as a 28 million dollar cap relief next off season

Drummond clearly is in IDGAF mode. He's floating out there for the 3 as much as possible tonight.

Idk why we keep setting Drummond up far from the basket. It seems to work at an extremely low rate.

Anytime Drummond posts up I legitimately wanna fight someone

Amazing how one basket changes Drummonds whole demeanour

**** drummond

Surprise surprise we look like an NBA team when Love and Drummond sit

Watching drummond play makes me wanna quit on loving the sport of basketball

I cannot watch 1 more season of Love and Drummond. Sorry, this isn't fair to the fans.

I cannot watch 1 more season of Love and Drummond. Sorry, this isn't fair to the fans.

Drummond is straight up not having a good time in Cleveland

Drummond is a dinosaur relative to the currently evolving nba style cmv

Honestly hoping Drummond declines his player option

The Pistons are going to regret trading Kevin Porter, if they don't already.

He had 30 points tonight on  9-18 shooting from the field, 4-7 from 3PT.  He went to the line 10 times.  8 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, 2 TO's.  

I really wish they'd kept Porter but I wonder if they did if they would still have Christian Wood? Iirc Wood was the last to make the team if Porter was here he probably gets cut.  

Wood had a real nice preseason and it would have been difficult to cut him.  My guess is Thomas would have been cut before Wood.

Pistons officially in full tank mode trying to get every L possible.  Even trying to take other teams losses.

• Haha 1

Big fan of how aggressive Wood is attacking the rim.  

Not a big fan of Rose playing with Wood.  Wood had a nice back cut and Rose just looked at him and didn't pass.  Wood was wide open at the 3PT line, Rose held the ball a second and a half too long and by the time he passed to Wood the defense had recovered.  

Hall looks pretty competent on defense.

Twice Jokic put a move on him and both times he had a hand in his face on the shot.  About all you can ask for there.

One possession I saw him rotate and cut off penetration down the lane.  Another saw him drop back off his man on transition defense to pick up a free man near the basket who would have had an easy dunk of Hall didn't rotate.

One bad thing, he closed way too hard on a shooter and jumped right past him.

Hall ended up making a couple of mistakes on defense.  But they seemed to be mostly him being over aggressive.  That beats being lazy or not understanding the defensive scheme.  

He was pretty useless on offense. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Hall ended up making a couple of mistakes on defense.  But they seemed to be mostly him being over aggressive.  That beats being lazy or not understanding the defensive scheme.  

He was pretty useless on offense. 

Agreed, but overall I'd say I was happy with his debut. I'd like to see him get a serious look as this season winds down.

sekou has fallen off the planet.  just stands around and watches.  does nothing.

• Sad 1

On 2/24/2020 at 10:04 PM, Deleterious said:

Was curious what Cavs fans were thinking about Drummond.  I wandered into their game thread and copied some comments.

Sounds like me!

I remember watching Donta in Summer League and there were times when I was really impressed and many other times where I thought, "Oh, that's why he's not in the NBA."  Still pretty young though, so it's all on his work ethic and willingness to listen to coaches.