Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

02/23/2020 9:00 EST Detroit Pistons vs Portland Trail Blazers

02/23/2020 9:00 EST from Portland, Oregon...

DET-2020.png  POR-2020.png

Detroit Pistons (19-39) vs Portland Trail Blazers (22-33)

Heading out west for 4, then host Oklahoma City and Utah, then 3 more on the road (one of those the back end of a back-to-back at New York after hosting Utah).  In other words, there's a good chance of 1-9 give or take a game right after the all star break.

Disastrous season for Portland after last year. And with Lillard still out a few more games at the very least, they will continue to struggle.

But, this is likely a loss for the Pistons. Portland isn't an easy place to play.

I absolutely LOVE Charles Barkley's take on the ridiculous and rotten Cavaliers players (esp the so called veterans) running Beilein out of town.

Related to Portland:

PORTLAND, Ore. — The Portland Trail Blazers tried to trade for Cleveland Cavaliers power forward Kevin Love, according to a report by The Athletic's Jason Lloyd.

"The only [trade offer] I know definitely equated to just a salary dump. Portland offered [Hassan] Whiteside and [Kent] Bazemore, which essentially would've matched Kevin's salary. But both of those are expiring contracts and the Cavs would've received no real assets in return," Lloyd wrote in a Q&A on The Athletic's website.

Not sure why Cleveland wouldn't take that deal and move on from Love. 

Just now, 313DetroitCity said:

Related to Portland:

Not sure why Cleveland wouldn't take that deal and move on from Love. 

Amen.  Terrible management.  

Markieff Morris has taken a buyout from the Pistons and forfeited his player option for next year.

• Like 1

We're currently in the 6 spot per tankathon and a 1.5 behind the 4th spot Timberwolves and 3.5 back of number 3 Atlanta.   I could definitely see us "passing" them two with the way things are going.   GS is supposedly getting Curry back soon but with them up 6 games on us I'm not sure there's enough time for us to pass them even if he comes back and they start winning so I'm thinking number 3 is the best possible scenario.   

The top 3 spots all have the same percentages for top 4 and 1st pick.  So there is no incentive/need to go any higher than #3.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kdog said:

Markieff Morris has taken a buyout from the Pistons and forfeited his player option for next year.

This means no team was willing to trade a 2nd round pick for Morris.

Also, the Pistons must be looking to sign a big-man to a 10 day contract, as they only have Thon, Henson & Wood as active C. 

Might be an opportunity for Donta Hall. 

20 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

The top 3 spots all have the same percentages for top 4 and 1st pick.  So there is no incentive/need to go any higher than #3.

Yep, just get to top 3 and you're very much in the hunt for a #1 pick.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Yeah I keep forgetting about the new lottery rules.    I still keep waiting for a prospect to break out from the pack this year and it still hasn't happened yet.  Right now I think I'd have to take Lamelo even though he can't shoot.  I think he is going to be a great facilitator so if we can surround him with shooters he could be a real asset.    

7 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Every Cavaliers player should be forced to watch that video, especially Kevin Love.  It's stuff like this that has turned me off to the NBA.

I especially love Barkley's finishing comment: "Y'all are a bunch of damn losers and I'm glad to get the **** out of here....you're a loser, you're a loser...."

• Like 1

I am done with guys that cant shoot, so pass on Ball.  I will be pretty upset if they blow a top 5-10 pick on a guy who cant shoot.  It is just too important of a skill in the game today to waste a high pick on someone that can't do it.

• Like 1

I agree but it seems like all the guys that are near the top of the draft have that same problem.   

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I agree but it seems like all the guys that are near the top of the draft have that same problem.   

I don't know anything about the draft.  That is a bummer to hear.

13 hours ago, 313DetroitCity said:

This means no team was willing to trade a 2nd round pick for Morris.

Also, the Pistons must be looking to sign a big-man to a 10 day contract, as they only have Thon, Henson & Wood as active C. 

Might be an opportunity for Donta Hall. 

I would hope that's what it means.  I would hope the Pistons would have accepted a 2nd for him.  But I would think a team would have given up a 2nd for him, even though it is pretty much assumed/known that Morris is opting out of his contract after this season.

I'm not too worried about how many "C"s are on the roster going forward to finish up the season.  I think the only priorities to finish out the season are developing whatever young talent is still around, and establishing the culture needed for the future.  I wouldn't throw tanking in there as a priority because this team is capable of losing just purely out of being what they are right now.

League rules grant him access to the Lakers facilities still to rehab his injury, if he wants.