Keepleyland2

2/21 @1:05 Southeastern Fire vs Detroit Tigers

On 2/19/2020 at 7:06 PM, Tigrrfan said:

Thank you Keepleyland2.

Say .. are you old enough to remember Jim Northrup's 2 grand slams in one game ..also his World Series Grand Slam?

I sure remember it. 

14 hours ago, HeyAbbott said:

I am old enough to remember Kaline breaking g his collar bone in 1961.

I remember that too it was awful. I think that it was 1963 but I’ll have to look it up. He was having an unbelievable year and I think in only 100 games he’d already hit 29 homers, the most of his career. 
EDIT - I guess it was 1962 but heck it was still a long time ago.

Cody Stavenhagen’s article on Tarik for the Athletic is excellent, and exactly why all of you should be subscribed. 

If you’re not careful, it’s articles like this that will start to give you.....”hope”.  Very excited to see what Skubal does this year.

On 2/20/2020 at 8:34 AM, brideck said:

Just a reminder that you can watch live video of the game online tomorrow at https://team1sports.com/southeasternfire.  The stream was password protected last year but they were giving it away to Tigers fans if you DM @SEUFireBaseball on Twitter.

Update to this.  Per MLB rules, SEU is apparently not able to publicize the link to the stream, so you can't see it on the page I mentioned above.  If you're interested in watching today, send me a DM and I'll shoot you the direct link.  Broadcast starts at 12:50 Eastern.

On 2/20/2020 at 10:39 AM, HeyAbbott said:

I am old enough to remember Kaline breaking g his collar bone in 1961.

Kaline broke his collarbone racing after a ball hit by Elston Howard on May 26, 1961.

Tigers have the AAAA line-up going.  Seems to me they used to let the big guys go for one pass through the lineup. Give the college kids a shot at the real pros.  I guess this way they don’t have to risk the embarrassment.

52° (with a RealFeel of 44°)?  Yeesh.  I was told that Spring Training was in Florida.

Cody s from the athletic 

Tarik Skubal sitting 94-96, hit 98 mph.

Got a called third strike on a filthy curve and another on a good slider. 1-2-3 inning (yeah, these are college hitters).

Just now, kdog said:

Cody s from the athletic 

Tarik Skubal sitting 94-96, hit 98 mph.

Got a called third strike on a filthy curve and another on a good slider. 1-2-3 inning (yeah, these are college hitters).

He sure did look strong though. Nasty stuff.

1 minute ago, clinker said:

He sure did look strong though. Nasty stuff.

Made Cornell look absolutely silly with the breaking stuff in that last at-bat.

Skubal done after 2, sounds like our Rule 5er Rony Garcia will be coming in for the 3rd.

As an aside, does anyone else think of Vanilla Ice when they hear his name?  I know it's spelled differently, but still.

Skubal allowed a ball to be put in play against some scrub college program like Southeastern?  How is he going to handle professional hitters?

19 minutes ago, brideck said:

The first inning is even better, especially the 3rd at-bat against a real hot hitter.

Reminder: If anyone wants to watch the stream that these videos are taken from, hit me up with a DM.

I only got to watch about 1/2 an inning before it appears to have crashed.

Technical difficulties with the stream mercifully sparing me from having to watch the ongoing Rony meltdown in the 4th.

Hopefully the archived version of the video will be okay.

12 minutes ago, Tigertown Rats said:

I only got to watch about 1/2 an inning before it appears to have crashed.

It's back now.

Nolan Blackwood (or maybe Ethan DeCaster per McCoskey on Twitter -- duplicate numbers are hard) in to clean up Rony's mess.

Gerson Moreno flashing his trademark high walk rate here in the 6th -- 11 balls, 2 strikes so far.

Alex Lange, one of the pitchers from the Castellanos trade, on the hill now to fix the 6th inning.

• Like 1