Mr.TaterSalad

Rumor: Lions In Talks To Trade Matt Stafford

53 minutes ago, Shelton said:

It’s a moot point. They aren’t going to trade him. But I don’t think the restructuring is much of a factor. 

I agree.  If they are taking Tua in the hypothetical, they are punting on the season anyway.

Now ask if Stafford will be the Lions qb in 2021 and I'll probably give you a different answer.

Stafford is good enough, the only way they get rid of him is if it will save them a bunch of money and there is a "next coming" in the draft that year.

this is just history repeating itself.

in 1995 the red wings agreed to trade yzerman to ottawa.  guy just wasnt a winner.  trade got nixed and yzerman led the team to a dynasty.

same will happen here!  lions dynasty here we come!!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Buddha said:

this is just history repeating itself.

in 1995 the red wings agreed to trade yzerman to ottawa.  guy just wasnt a winner.  trade got nixed and yzerman led the team to a dynasty.

same will happen here!  lions dynasty here we come!!!!

Who are you and what did you do with Buddha?

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Who are you and what did you do with Buddha?

randy, were going to the super bowl!

biggs is going to come over here and book it any second now!

no truth to the rumor that i might be stuck for 7 hours in the st louis american airlines club with free drinks.  no truth to that at all.

PFF did say that we were one of the most unlucky teams this past year and GB was one of the luckiest and they said we are the most likely team to go from last to first.  Of course they said that about us last offseason too so take that with a grain of salt. 

Trade Slay, Cut Kennard and Jones and there’s an extra $24M of cap savings.  

They have the cap money to move Stafford if they wanted to go that route. 

I've been watching old Lions games on Youtube.  Watched them whoop the Bears on 97 turkey day today.  Really good Barry day.  Then watched them whoop the Bears on turkey day from 2014.

6 hours ago, Buddha said:

I've been watching old Lions games on Youtube.  Watched them whoop the Bears on 97 turkey day today.  Really good Barry day.  Then watched them whoop the Bears on turkey day from 2014.

Those were both fun.

2 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

Those were both fun.

there are some random games out there.  saw a random game against the pack from the early 80s.  hipple against lynn dickey.

it wasnt very good...

10 hours ago, Buddha said:

In terms of Lions vs. Bears games my favorite was MNF in 2011.   In my entire Lions fandom I think that was the high point I was in terms of how optimistic I was about the current season and the future of the team.  Not only did we move to 5-0 but we had Stafford coming into his own to go with the proven Calvin Johnson, Jahvid Best was looking like the real deal so you started to get the feeling we finally found a RB after Barry.  Then on defense guys like  Suh, Fairley and Levy looked like they could potentially lead a dominant defense for years to come.   

It's a shame that we let Flynn do what he did to us in week 17 which in turn made us face NO on the road in round 1.  The NFC was wide open that year but playing Brees in the Super Dome was the one matchup that I didn't like, if we would've gotten somebody else I think we could've potentially made some noise in the playoffs that year.  

The 2013 and 14 teams were both very good. Wasted opportunities both years.