Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

02/08/2020 7:00 EST New York Knickerbockers vs Detroit Pistons

02/08/2020 7:00 EST from Detroit, Michigan

NYK-2020.png  DET-2020.png

New York Knickerbockers (16-36) vs Detroit Pistons (19-35)

Have the Knicks and Pistons ever played each other in the playoffs Besides the series where Bernard King went nuts and Isiah scored like 16 points in the last 2 minutes?

3 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Have the Knicks and Pistons ever played each other in the playoffs Besides the series where Bernard King went nuts and Isiah scored like 16 points in the last 2 minutes?

1990 and 1992.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=game&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=Y&team_seed_cmp=eq&opp_seed_cmp=eq&year_min=1947&year_max=2020&is_range=N&game_num_type=team&team_id=DET&opp_id=NYK&order_by=pts

Losing at home to the Knicks.  Tanking it up boys.

32% to enter the top 4 and  7.5% to get #1.  1 game behind the Knicks now.

• Like 1

I respect that Drummond wanted to remain with the Pistons.  But tweeting stuff like this only reinforces that he just doesn't get it.  Did he think there was no chance he was going to get traded?  These rumors have been out there for months.  It shows a lack of maturity on his part to tweet stuff like this.  Which I am sure surprises no Piston fans.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hart said:

I respect that Drummond wanted to remain with the Pistons.  But tweeting stuff like this only reinforces that he just doesn't get it.  Did he think there was no chance he was going to get traded?  These rumors have been out there for months.  It shows a lack of maturity on his part to tweet stuff like this.  Which I am sure surprises no Piston fans.  

Yup, I can agree with this. 

I don't doubt there is emotion tied to this move that's tough to deal with even with the rumors being out there for a while.  Uprooting family and taking care of personnel things like that.  But these guys know its a business and there are business moves that occur that's a part of it.  And just as much as Drummond has business decisions to make (remember, Andre, when you mentioned being eager to check out free agency), so do the Pistons.

In addition to the maturity issue, I think part of the problem probably also stems from Gores treating him as an untouchable early on.

Saw some Tweets about Henson last night.  Looks like during his middle school days he lived in Lake Orion.  His dad worked at the KMart headquarters.