Deleterious

Drummond Traded to Cleveland

4 hours ago, John_Brian_K said:

I know, but it still sucks.

Nah, Drummond sucks.  I've never seen a guy produce the numbers he does and yet seems to make absolutely zero meaningful impact on the vast majority of games.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deleterious said:

This is where I am....I like Galloway and Rose's game and hustle....we are not going to get much for them...this team desperately needs a culture re-set away from the likes of Drummond and Reggie and towards guys that play hard and smart.

Trading Rose and Galloway was never about the low pick you’d get for them. I mean, yes, more picks is better when you’re rebuilding. But it was about maximizing the tanking. A top 3 pick is better than the 6th pick and those guys help you win...which doesn’t help the lottery balls. Development doesn’t matter much until you’ve landed that star. That’s when the rebuild starts. Until then you’re still in tear down and need to be as bad as possible. 

If there was a generational talent in the top 5 this upcoming year I'd see your point but there really isn't.

There are so many current superstars that were picked anywhere from 10th all the way down to the 2nd.   There’s going to be some studs in this draft that aren’t hyped at the moment.  They’ve just got to get lucky AF and nab the next Giannis, Kawhi, Jokic, or George. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

There are so many current superstars that were picked anywhere from 10th all the way down to the 2nd.   There’s going to be some studs in this draft that aren’t hyped at the moment.  They’ve just got to get lucky AF and nab the next Giannis, Kawhi, Jokic, or George. 

Yep.  Despite the Pistons being in purgatory for years they still potentially could've drafted  and passed on Kemba/ Kawhi, Giannis, Booker and Mitchell so you can get talent in the late lottery you just have to know how to identify it.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kdog said:

This is an awful draft. I'd much rather have picks in future drafts. 

so you mean the Pistons are sure to get the 1st ball.

The lottery odds have been smoothed anyway so i bet we win the lottery and get the lamelo circus.