Deleterious

Drummond Traded to Cleveland

Wood is already a solid backup.  If he figures things out defensively he will be a nice starter.  He has the physical tools to play defense, so now it's just a matter of him wanting to do it.

Kennard is easily a solid starter.  Health is his question.

Svi isn't good.  He can shoot but does absolutely nothing else.  Doesn't play D, doesn't create for himself, doesn't create for others.  Not a bad guy if he is surrounded by stud talent and you're just looking for a catch and shoot type guy.

40 minutes ago, Hart said:

Wood is good enough offensively to be a quality starter.  It shouldn't be that hard for him to improve defensively with his physical ability.  It would be disappointing if he couldn't get there.

Svi is harder to project.  Maybe Svi is more likely a bench player on a contender but I don't think it is out of the question for him to develop into more than that. 

I think Kennard is a solid starter already IF healthy.  

Wood's length + athleticism makes him a potentially plus defender....seems to be a high-energy guy.

Svi and Kennard seem to be lesser versions of Rip Hamilton....good enough D with plus O to be decent all-around players, maybe not stars, but good enough to be in the rotation for winning teams.

EDIT: Svi *could* get there....Kennard already is.

SI gives them a D+

Stating that they should have gotten more this year or next Summer thru sign and trade

Obviously AD’s value is not unknown; this is what he is worth at this time

Not worth your time to read; brutally myopic 

8 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Maybe I'm just being a boomer, but this doesn't seem wise or necessary.

I don't know.  Referring to torch passing on a team that has been horse **** for so many years and will be for at least a few more just seems on odd image to project.

Anywho, looking ahead at the schedule, it appears the Pistons v Cavaliers clashes are done for this season.  So I would imagine that Gores will announce that jersey number 0 will be retired at a game sometime next season.

44 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I was initially disappointed we couldn't get a 2nd round pick for Langston or Markieff. But if what was offered was a late 2nd round pick, I understand not making the move. 

The most important player to trade was Drummond. And they made the move.

I walking double double for 2 throw away players and a late 2nd round pick like 5 years from now...man I know some of you did not like Drummond, but that just blows.  It is what it is and not super mad at the organization because they got what the market would bear, but this is bad.

1 minute ago, John_Brian_K said:

I walking double double for 2 throw away players and a late 2nd round pick like 5 years from now...man I know some of you did not like Drummond, but that just blows.  It is what it is and not super mad at the organization because they got what the market would bear, but this is bad.

Tanking is the only way this team gets better. Trading Drummond allows them to almost fully tank now, I say almost because they still have Rose and Kennard. This team needs to bottom out and be Denver Nuggets 1997 bad for a season or two and get at least two top 3 picks.

2 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Tanking is the only way this team gets better. Trading Drummond allows them to almost fully tank now, I say almost because they still have Rose and Kennard. This team needs to bottom out and be Denver Nuggets 1997 bad for a season or two and get at least two top 3 picks.

I know, but it still sucks.

If we end up with a top 3 lottery pick as a result of this trade and our tanking who is the player we want? Anthony Edwards, LaMello Ball, Cole Anthony, James Weisman, someone else?

I would've traded Markieff for whatever I could've gotten.

I'm fine holding on to Langston if the return was so paltry. He has value for this team moving forward. Sekou replaces Keef. Galloway gives them a 3/D vet wing amongst a bunch of kids.

25 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

If we end up with a top 3 lottery pick as a result of this trade and our tanking who is the player we want? Anthony Edwards, LaMello Ball, Cole Anthony, James Weisman, someone else?

The top of this year's draft looks nothing like the past couple, unfortunately.  Edwards, Ball, Haliburton, Avdija, in no particular order yet.  Hayes also seems to be rising, along with Haliburton. Wiseman seems like more of a role-player in today's NBA. Cole Anthony sounds like a less-likeable Reggie Jackson; I'd be more inclined to go with the unknown Hampton. This year's 1-15 feel more like 16-30 in a good draft, but who really knows yet.

This is an awful draft. I'd much rather have picks in future drafts. 

If you're a big in todays game without a jumper, you better play defense like Rudy Gobert.  

• Like 1

reggie being hurt also killed andre's main offensive tool.  the reggie/andre pick and roll isnt bad, but the pistons barely used it.  rose doesnt do anything in the pnr but get his own shot, brown isnt good at it.