Deleterious

Drummond Traded to Cleveland

a 2023 second rounder????  lolz.

if he doesnt opt in he is crazy.

Just now, Sydney_Fife said:

Pistons need to cut someone. Probably means Morris to someone for a second.

I'll take it.

1 minute ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Pistons need to cut someone. Probably means Morris to someone for a second.

or they just cut brandon knight.  does he have more years on his deal?

The Pistons don't have a second rounder this year. You have to get one if you're rebuilding and you have all these expirings.

Just now, Buddha said:

or they just cut brandon knight.  does he have more years on his deal?

Nope.  Him and Henson both are expiring contracts.  

5 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i would not have done that trade.  

Why not? You think standing pat was a better option?

Just now, NYLion said:

Why not? You think standing pat was a better option?

yeah.  try to deal him next year when his expiring was coming off the books.  people want to clear cap space for the next summer.

im actually willing to defer to the new front office and think they must think no one was going to give them anything net year either.

here's the thing, i think the pistons may actually be better without him...they'll be different for sure.   but i dont think his rebounding will be missed as much as people think.

Talk about an absolute **** sandwich of a trade lmaooooooooo.

Andre has no value. The only team that might pay him is Charlotte.

His contract might have a little more value next year, but I'm not so sure.

Teams have been building to 2021 for a while now.  They have lined up their current contracts to expire then.  

You also have to remember the Pistons would be adding salary into the 2022-2023 seasons by doing that.  They might not want to put things off that far.

5 minutes ago, Buddha said:

yeah.  try to deal him next year when his expiring was coming off the books.  people want to clear cap space for the next summer.

im actually willing to defer to the new front office and think they must think no one was going to give them anything net year either.

here's the thing, i think the pistons may actually be better without him...they'll be different for sure.   but i dont think his rebounding will be missed as much as people think.

"They'll be different". I think that's exactly what they're aiming for with this deal IMO and I'm on board with that. Drummond was a lame duck here, it needed to happen now for both him and the team to move forward in a new direction. The monster opt in was always going to prevent them from getting much value.

I can see an argument for them waiting too long to trade him but that's crying over spilled milk at this point.

And I wasn't kidding about Wood.  Having Andre opt in makes things a lot more difficult this summer in regards to singing him because they only have early Bird rights on him.  This makes things a bit easier.  

You can go back to April 2016 and find my posts. I never wanted the Drummond contract signed. It was a terrible mistake from the moment it happened.

The bigger issue is that they could've gotten something for him. And they didn't to chase the 8 seed.

Then you're stuck making a deal like this. Getting a 2023 second rounder.

It's obvious that no contenders wanted him so the fact that they were able to even create a market for him and get Cleveland to take him off our hands is impressive imo.

• Like 1

Feel bad for Andre.  Good guy that would’ve been a Hall of Famer had he been born 15 years earlier.    Nobody values him in the today’s NBA and he’s going to be forced to play for $27M next year.   

I feel bad for him in the sense of just how us fans start dreaming up these pie in the sky scenarios any time there are trade rumors about our players I'm sure players do that when they hear rumors about them.

They probably think of all the best scenarios, like playing in an ideal market, playing for a championship etc. and just like our dreams get crushed when we end up being underwhelmed by the return players dreams get crushed when they don't end up going to that dream destination and I think that's what happened to Andre here.   Probably dreamt about going to the Lakers or Heat only to end up in Cleveland.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

somebody check betrayer and make sure he's still with us.  his heart may have exploded with joy.

It did. In the midst of a day full of flight delays and travel issues, but nothing can bring me down now. 

51 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

And I wasn't kidding about Wood.  Having Andre opt in makes things a lot more difficult this summer in regards to singing him because they only have early Bird rights on him.  This makes things a bit easier.  

A bit easier?  I would think cap space would not even be an issue for Wood now if we wanted to pay him.