I know Dantonio was a great coach for Michigan State, but his retirement is the best result for that program.  He was past it and needed to go.  As a Michigan fan, I'm sorry to see him leave because State was only going down with him remaining as coach.

They'll hire Fickell and get a boost from a coaching change.

It’s all about the timing.  Had Dantonio retired when he should’ve in early December, Fickell is the head coach with a solid staff and they probably closed strong with a much better recruiting class.   Instead,  Dantonio’s perfect plan that he laid out at his sham press conference of leaving at the yearly reset in February has left MSU in a horrible spot.  Dude wanted his $4.3M.  Plain and simple.  

I wonder if he approached Beekman months ago and tried to work out a deal to get his money earlier and leave MSU in better spot.   Wouldn’t shock me if he did and dumbass board of trustees said no.  They f up just about everything they touch these days.    It also wouldn’t surprise me if Dantonio didn’t do any of that and just waited to get his money as it was laid out in his contract.

49 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

It’s all about the timing.  Had Dantonio retired when he should’ve in early December, Fickell is the head coach with a solid staff and they probably closed strong with a much better recruiting class.   Instead,  Dantonio’s perfect plan that he laid out at his sham press conference of leaving at the yearly reset in February has left MSU in a horrible spot.  Dude wanted his $4.3M.  Plain and simple.  

I wonder if he approached Beekman months ago and tried to work out a deal to get his money earlier and leave MSU in better spot.   Wouldn’t shock me if he did and dumbass board of trustees said no.  They f up just about everything they touch these days.    It also wouldn’t surprise me if Dantonio didn’t do any of that and just waited to get his money as it was laid out in his contract.

I feel like this would have leaked by now if he had. I think wanting his bonus and the Blackwell allegations combined and he made like Roadrunner. 

Dear MSU Board of Trustees, especially Joel Ferguson and Brian Mosallum, 

Shut your mouths.   I know it goes against you need to run to any camera or microphone that is near you, but just shut up.   The have this thing called Public Relations, also known as PR.  They have people who specialize in PR and are very good at it.  You need to hire one of those PR people to speak for you and to be the ONLY voice representing BOT matters, and when they do speak for the BOT they need to say as little as possible.   

That interview this morning on 97.1 The Ticket with Mosallum was a complete embarrassment.     

53 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Dear MSU Board of Trustees, especially Joel Ferguson and Brian Mosallum, 

Shut your mouths.   I know it goes against you need to run to any camera or microphone that is near you, but just shut up.   The have this thing called Public Relations, also known as PR.  They have people who specialize in PR and are very good at it.  You need to hire one of those PR people to speak for you and to be the ONLY voice representing BOT matters, and when they do speak for the BOT they need to say as little as possible.   

That interview this morning on 97.1 The Ticket with Mosallum was a complete embarrassment.     

Including the fact that he obviously doesn't know the meaning of the term "destination job," as he said that Molester State doesn't want someone who views its head coaching position as a "destination job."  Such a job, of  course, is one so desirable that people look at is a career pinnacle, a place where they want to stay for the long haul.  And a school should  want people who see it as that kind of place.  Presumably Moso the Clown meant to say that they don't want a guy who views Spartan Land as a mere stepping stone to someplace better.

It was yet another embarrassing episode in the life of the august body known as the MSU Board of Trustees.

4 hours ago, Deleterious said:

This is why I noted that you have to consider the impact of a new President on the dynamics. If that had been Dantonio's plan I image that Stanley on hearing that his football coach had 'decided' he was picking his own successor decided that since it was his name that is at the top of the NCAA institutional control liability list,  his coach's plan wasn't going to happen. That is a pretty basic "who is in charge" gauntlet thrown down in such a way that any University President worth his salt would have to respond just the way he apparently did.

Wow.  That’s a big time move that I didn’t see coming.   He’s going to be able to recruit the F out of the area.   

I hope that he’s kind enough to send a nice gift to the Fickell household.  

2 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

He keeps getting recruited for bigger jobs.   

LOL - then  MSU better keep the names of search committee at the front of the Rolodex...xD:wink:

I know the expectations are slightly lower at MSU but I'm sure Spartan fans wouldn't be happy if Tucker went to the transfer portal two times, found two average QBs, and didn't develop his own player.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Ooops.

(as if taking a staff member on a visit and then telling him to sit in the car passes anybody's smell test....)

I hope Mark has cashed that 4.3 million and moved it someplace securely off-shore by now...:silly: