Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

01/31/2020 7:00 EST Toronto Raptors vs Detroit Pistons

01/31/2020 7:00 EST from Detroit, Michigan...

TOR-2020.png  DET-2020.png

Toronto Raptors (33-14) at Detroit Pistons (13-35)

This is the back end of a back to back for Toronto.  At Cleveland and then at Detroit.

Cant you just get drunk and do blow like a proper owner governor.

Knicks chaos: Melee breaks out, James Dolan angry with young fan

Payton, Morris and Crowder were ejected, and Payton will likely get a suspension for his sore-loser act. As the unsportsmanlike scene unfolded, sickened Garden fans chanted “Sell the team’’ for about 20 seconds as Dolan left his seat.

Dolan shouted at security during the chanting and according to a source, he singled out a teenager because he was the chanting fan closest to the Knicks owner. Dolan’s on record as stating he does not appreciate when fans heckle him about giving up his ownership of the team.

Uhhh OK.

I sort of like the target score idea.  Reminds me of pickup games when we were kids.  First to 11, win by 2, winners stay.

He missed 20 games last year with tendinitis in his knees.  He will miss 25+ for the same reason this year.  Not a good sign for a 23 year old kid.

6 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

He missed 20 games last year with tendinitis in his knees.  He will miss 25+ for the same reason this year.  Not a good sign for a 23 year old kid.

Ugh, hate to see it. Incredibly bad luck for the Pistons. Luke was making great strides on offense in the post-season last year and to start the season this year. 

2 hours ago, Buddha said:

devin wuz robbed!

He did.

Luka sprained his ankle in practice today and will be out a while.  I imagine there is a good chance he misses the game.  Booker would have to be a favorite to replace him.

You almost forget what a freak he was.

I wonder if he could reinvent himself like McDyess did and become a real solid 20 minutes a night sixth man type player.

Those are video game numbers.

So tonight with 39 and 18 he scored or assisted on 75 of their 127 points.  And that is me being lazy and only giving him 2 points for each assist.  

As great as those numbers are he will continue to have the most punchable face in the league. 

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Those are video game numbers.

So tonight with 39 and 18 he scored or assisted on 75 of their 127 points.  And that is me being lazy and only giving him 2 points for each assist.  

now do how many points he gave up by not playing defense!

10 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I wonder if he could reinvent himself like McDyess did and become a real solid 20 minutes a night sixth man type player.

If healthy, he is much, much better than what McDyess was. The guy was 3rd team All-NBA last year and was showing he can improve his shooting to be a real threat as a stretch 4 in the modern NBA. 

10 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Wow, Griffin looks like a kid there.

That's an interesting point about reinventing himself like McDyess.  Of the missed opportunities from the series loss against the Spurs, that's probably the one that sticks out the most.  Everything he had gone through in his career to that point, and to be on the precipice of a ring, only to fall short in the 7th game.

9 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

As great as those numbers are he will continue to have the most punchable face in the league. 

20120505_jla_sd9_050.0.jpg

14 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Lot of people who normally shout the "empty stats" comments on players are throwing a tantrum over Beal not making the All-Star game, and incredibly happy about Young making the All-Star team.

I happen to think both are incredible offensive players, but there teams are also a combined 29-67. I am not sure who you take off that reserve list to replace with Beal.

56 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Lot of people who normally shout the "empty stats" comments on players are throwing a tantrum over Beal not making the All-Star game, and incredibly happy about Young making the All-Star team.

I happen to think both are incredible offensive players, but there teams are also a combined 29-67. I am not sure who you take off that reserve list to replace with Beal.

This wont be popular.  But I would probably take Jaylen Brown over Beal.  

Just now, Deleterious said:

This wont be popular.  But I would probably take Jaylen Brown over Beal.  

I agree. He has a had a fantastic bounce-back year.

Cool to see Svi there.  James Edwards had a write up about him on The Athletic a few days ago that was a really good read.