RatkoVarda

2020 Tiger Prospects

4 hours ago, tiger337 said:

Yeah, that would be a good outcome.  

how about this for a great outcome?

at age 19 he hits 304/387/457 at West Michigan.

then at age 20 304/393/496 at Lakeland and 400/538/1050 at Erie.

that's sounds pretty awesome.  i wonder where we could find a top 10 prospect that can hit like that?  

oh wait, we did.  it was cameron maybin.

23 minutes ago, Buddha said:

that's sounds pretty awesome.  i wonder where we could find a top 10 prospect that can hit like that?  

Cameron May Have Bin.

He is still a free agent, by the way.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

It's true that baseball is frustrating because so far nobody really knows how to predict at what level a great MiLB hitter may suddenly hit a wall he never gets over. Though TBH Maybin was good enough to be a good MLB hitter, he was just never able to stay on the field long enough to accomplish much for an MLB team.

I have no idea why I remember this but I remember either during the pre game festivities or the actual game for the innagural Comerica Park opening day they were interviewing fans asking them what should excite about the up coming season and damn near half of them said Encarnacion.

I didn't follow prospects that closely back then but after hearing all those people mention him I jumped aboard the hype train only to eventually be disappointed.  

42 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I was more excited about Kapler than Encarnacion.  

remember when they got rid of luis gonzalez so they could bring up kapler and encarnacion?

i think kapler was the #1 prospect in baseball.

I know he was a few years later but Munson was another highly touted position player that ended up tanking.  Didn't  some rankings have him at or near the top 10 overall?

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

I know he was a few years later but Munson was another highly touted position player that ended up tanking.  Didn't  some rankings have him at or near the top 10 overall?

#23 by baseball america

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Unfortunately, he was “Munsoned.”

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Unfortunately, he was “Munsoned.”

"One day son when people hear the name Munson, they're gonna think 'winner'. "

Biggest movers for upcoming season 2020:

Jose DeLaCruz

Adinso Reyes

Bryant Packard

Jason Foley

Roberto Campos

25 minutes ago, Tim Mitchell said:

Biggest movers for upcoming season 2020:

Jose DeLaCruz

Adinso Reyes

Bryant Packard

Jason Foley

Roberto Campos

Campos will be 16 when the DSL season starts; asking a lot if we want him to show us something this year

2 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Campos will be 16 when the DSL season starts; asking a lot if we want him to show us something this year

I think it’s more about providing the ability for more people to actually see him and evaluate him. I think it would be nice if he at least shows something that justifies the high bonus. 

46 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Wow, I guess I didn't realize that MLB teams can still sign kids under 16.

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

I think it’s more about providing the ability for more people to actually see him and evaluate him. I think it would be nice if he at least shows something that justifies the high bonus. 

including proving that he is an actual living person

On 1/30/2020 at 7:32 PM, Buddha said:

The problem with Maybin is that he *never* has hit for power.   Interestingly though, this last year with the Yankees was his 1st year where he hit more than 30% FB (almost 40%, which is decent) and more than 200 ISO (barely, but he has a career ISO of 140 or so) at ANY level....it was only 200+ PA but it appears that he's starting to think about launch angle.  If thats the case, he could have a good run in his 30s as a more complete hitter.

21 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

He turns 18 in September.

At this rate, he'll be 21 by September.  Call him up!!

1 hour ago, sabretooth said:

The problem with Maybin is that he *never* has hit for power.   Interestingly though, this last year with the Yankees was his 1st year where he hit more than 30% FB (almost 40%, which is decent) and more than 200 ISO (barely, but he has a career ISO of 140 or so) at ANY level....it was only 200+ PA but it appears that he's starting to think about launch angle.  If thats the case, he could have a good run in his 30s as a more complete hitter.

That bomb he hit to dead center in NY during his rookie year was quite the teaser..

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sabretooth said:

He's actually had a lot of raw power, no idea why it hasn't really shown up. Would be nice to see him start using it. 

• Like 1