Casimir

01/27/2020 7:00 EST Cleveland Cavaliers vs Detroit Pistons

01/27/2020 7:00 EST from Detroit, Michigan...

CLE-2020.png  DET-2020.png

Cleveland Cavaliers (12-34) vs Detroit Pistons (17-30)

Saw the Cavs last night get blown out by the Bulls at home.  Man, they are really really bad.  

I hope Beilein likes his early retirement package when he gets fired after this year.

If Derrick Rose would just miss every game the rest of the season, it would make this whole tanking thing a lot easier. 

can we just talk about how the pistons were blown out at home by the cavs!

6 minutes ago, Buddha said:

can we just talk about how the pistons were blown out at home by the cavs!

But Andre made the highlights

13 hours ago, Buddha said:

what is the date by which andre needs to opt in?

11:59PM June 30th is the norm.  Since free agency starts a minute later, some teams will put an earlier date in the contract so they have time to plan.  Not sure which one Andre has.

What is the word on Luke?  Seems like nothing much is ever said about him or how he is doing.  Sort of concerning a young guy like that already has knee issues.  

29 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

11:59PM June 30th is the norm.  Since free agency starts a minute later, some teams will put an earlier date in the contract so they have time to plan.  Not sure which one Andre has.

i expect him to opt in.

Isn't the following FA class supposed to be a big deal?  Seems like his best bet to get a big contract would be to hit the market this year.   I mean it's not like teams are going to value him or his position anymore a year and a half from now.  

This summers class is bad, next years is loaded.  

One problem with this summer is nobody has money.  Everyone has structured their payroll to free up space next summer in anticipation of the loaded FA class.  But I'm not sure this matters anymore to be honest.  We already heard Atlanta balked at the Drummond trade because he was going to demand north of $20M per year.  If that trend continues it wont matter what year he is a free agent, he wont be getting that huge payday.

17 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i expect him to opt in.

That is why they need to trade him even if they don't get anything/much.  Let him be someone elses $28M headache next year.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Isn't the following FA class supposed to be a big deal?  Seems like his best bet to get a big contract would be to hit the market this year.   I mean it's not like teams are going to value him or his position anymore a year and a half from now.  

yes and no.  there will be a lot of money chasing a lot of big free agents, but not all those teams are going to be able to sign a big free agent but will still have money to spend.  

teams like the knicks.  a team like that could miss out on all its targets (like usual) and then sign a multiple all star, 5x rebound champ like drummond to a big deal and claim they've signed a big name.

19 minutes ago, Buddha said:

yes and no.  there will be a lot of money chasing a lot of big free agents, but not all those teams are going to be able to sign a big free agent but will still have money to spend.  

teams like the knicks.  a team like that could miss out on all its targets (like usual) and then sign a multiple all star, 5x rebound champ like drummond to a big deal and claim they've signed a big name.

The Knicks had enough space to sign two max free agents this summer.  Completely missed on everyone, and didn't try to make a splash like you described.  In fact, they were very smart with their team friendly contracts that they gave out.  Everyone except Randle is on a 2 year deal with a team option after 1 year.  

Scott Perry is a competent GM at the worst and I don't see him making moves like that.  Dolan could always stick his nose in and make Perry do something like that, so who knows.  

I really don't care that much if he opts in or not, I just don't want them to sign him long term.  We're going to be bad next year either way and with the money we'd save I'm not sure we would use it productively to get guys that could help long term.  More than likely it would go towards guys that would help in the short term which would hurt our chances of tanking next year.    With that said I of course would prefer to just get rid of him and not have to worry about it but if he does opt in I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world.  

20 hours ago, Deleterious said:

The Knicks had enough space to sign two max free agents this summer.  Completely missed on everyone, and didn't try to make a splash like you described.  In fact, they were very smart with their team friendly contracts that they gave out.  Everyone except Randle is on a 2 year deal with a team option after 1 year.  

Scott Perry is a competent GM at the worst and I don't see him making moves like that.  Dolan could always stick his nose in and make Perry do something like that, so who knows.  

We'll see how smart and competent they are in the next week or so. If the rumors are true about them wanting to keep Morris when teams are offering assets, they are making a mistake. 

Also, their return for the KP trade was awful. I understand the constraints they were under with his injury/behind the scenes rumbling of him wanting out, but they walked away with almost nothing for him.

2 First round picks for him is pretty good IMO.  He is a slightly above average player with knee problems.  16 and 9 on 53TS% is extremely inefficient and well under the league average (about 55%).  He also insists on playing PF where he can be taken advantage of on defense a bit more.

He definitely is not a super star and I think it would be a large stretch to even call him a star at this point.

10 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

2 First round picks for him is pretty good IMO.  He is a slightly above average player with knee problems.  16 and 9 on 53TS% is extremely inefficient and well under the league average (about 55%).  He also insists on playing PF where he can be taken advantage of on defense a bit more.

He definitely is not a super star and I think it would be a large stretch to even call him a star at this point.

What will amount to two late 1st round picks isn't anything impressive IMO. 

Just now, 313DetroitCity said:

What will amount to two late 1st round picks isn't anything impressive IMO. 

It is unfortunate Dallas became good fairly quick.