kgeorge78

Why not Brady for one year???

btw, given that the redskins have three number one picks on their dline already, i wouldnt be surprised if teams targetting tua trade up to #2.

Is it NBD for a QB to perform at a high level at age 43? Peyton Manning had spinal fusion surgery at age 35 and came back as good as ever. 

4 minutes ago, Buddha said:

isnt that what ended romo's career?

I seem to recall Romo had opportunities but chose to retire. He was 37 and had missed most of the previous two seasons due to a broken collarbone and back.

11 minutes ago, Buddha said:

btw, given that the redskins have three number one picks on their dline already, i wouldnt be surprised if teams targetting tua trade up to #2.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Redskins drafted him themselves.  

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

isnt that what ended romo's career?

I would say there are a number of differences in the two cases.

As to what exactly ended Romo's career, that seems a little grey.  Romo did not end his career on the injured list. He was rehabbed and ready to play from game 11 of 2016 but the Cowboys had given the job to Prescott. Romo got into the last game for a series or something, and then the season was over and then he hung 'em up. If you remember the stories out of the Cowboys in 2016, Romo wanted his job back when he came back so he wasn't that worried about playing more then. Had he not lost his job would he have been willing to play in '17? Not that clear IMO. Yes  - I suppose he could have gone somewhere else and he did decide not to.

But in any case, more to the point, Romo's injury was more severe. He had a vertebral compression fracture, which is a partially crushed or deformed vertebrae. That can be serious and once damaged in that way the vertebrae may  not get back it's original form and strength.

According to the reporting, Stafford cracked one or more of the non-weight bearing 'processes'  - the projections that stick out of the vertebrae at the side that attach to various muscles etc. Those don't support the body's weight and typically heal normally with rest.. 

Third difference - Romo would have been 37 in '17 and had also lost a chunk the year earlier with a broken collarbone. Stafford will be 32 next season and this was the first time he has missed in years. EDIT:I see MB already noted this.

18 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I would say there are a number of differences in the two cases.

As to what exactly ended Romo's career, that seems a little grey.  Romo did not end his career on the injured list. He was rehabbed and ready to play from game 11 of 2016 but the Cowboys had given the job to Prescott. Romo got into the last game for a series or something, and then the season was over and then he hung 'em up. If you remember the stories out of the Cowboys in 2016, Romo wanted his job back when he came back so he wasn't that worried about playing more then. Had he not lost his job would he have been willing to play in '17? Not that clear IMO. Yes  - I suppose he could have gone somewhere else and he did decide not to.

But in any case, more to the point, Romo's injury was more severe. He had a vertebral compression fracture, which is a partially crushed or deformed vertebrae. That can be serious and once damaged in that way the vertebrae may  not get back it's original form and strength.

According to the reporting, Stafford cracked one or more of the non-weight bearing 'processes'  - the projections that stick out of the vertebrae at the side that attach to various muscles etc. Those don't support the body's weight and typically heal normally with rest.. 

Third difference - Romo would have been 37 in '17 and had also lost a chunk the year earlier with a broken collarbone. Stafford will be 32 next season and this was the first time he has missed in years. EDIT:I see MB already noted this.

Interesting, did not know the details behind Stafford's back injury....wasn't his back injury the reason given as to why he had a not-so-hot 2018 season though?

25 minutes ago, sabretooth said:

Interesting, did not know the details behind Stafford's back injury....wasn't his back injury the reason given as to why he had a not-so-hot 2018 season though?

Yes, that came out after the fact.