Casimir

01/20/2020 2:00 EST Detroit Pistons vs Washington Wizards

01/20/2020 2:00 EST from somewhere around Washington, DC...

DET-2020.png  WAS-2020.png

Detroit Pistons (16-27) vs Washington Wizards (13-28)

It seems like the Pistons always play a matinee game on Martin Luther King Jr Day.  A lot of games are played earlier than normal, but not all.

Not that I support the Pistons making a run at the playoffs but I am a bit intrigued by how things will play in the near future.  Derrick Rose is playing at a very high level and the Pistons are upping his minutes.  They won his first two games starting, one of them against a decent Boston team, and both on the road.  He makes everybody else in the rotation look a lot better all the sudden.  The schedule is very soft the next 6 games, including two against Brooklyn, the team ahead of the Pistons in the standings.  You could see the Pistons go on a pretty good run here.  And while I don't think they are a threat to win a playoff series or anything, I do think this team is more fun to watch and quite a bit better than last year's team that was basically in the same position...as long as Derrick Rose continues to do what he is doing.  

I actually am a little bummed I will miss this afternoon game tomorrow.    

The Pistons have lost their last 9 trips to Washington D.C. January 18 of 2014 was their last win there. 

Always seems like they play like **** in afternoon games. Especially Andre. 

Washington always seems to torch us. So I am thinking this will be an L. Especially on the last leg of a road trip. 

I always though MLK games were at home.  Didn't they used to have kids day at this game?  There would always be some brat on the broadcast.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

There would always be some brat on the broadcast.

Reggie is injured.

Why Casey allows Drummond the freedom he has offensively blows my mind. I watch a lot of NBA basketball and Andre commits the most ridiculous elementary school-level turnovers. 

Tim Frazier is absolutely awful. 

Svi is looking like a rotation player. Same with Wood. Brown has made some progress offensively. His defense remains solid. Snell can shoot but provides nothing else. 

9 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Why Casey allows Drummond the freedom he has offensively blows my mind. I watch a lot of NBA basketball and Andre commits the most ridiculous elementary school-level turnovers. 

Svi is looking like a rotation player. Same with Wood. Brown has made some progress offensively. His defense remains solid. Snell can shoot but provides nothing else. 

How does a C get 5 TO's in a half?

• Confused 1

10 in a row in Washington. That’s pretty amazing considering Washington really hasn’t been any good. 

Mahimi becomes the latest center to have a career game against the Pistons. Dude made a couple triples today. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Absolute idiot?  Or best troll ever?

he learned a lot at duke.

1 hour ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Just looked at the box score.  Drummond had 9 turnovers...9 turnovers!  How do you get 9 turnovers when Derrick Rose dominates the ball?  I agree some of that has to be on Casey.  

37 minutes ago, Hart said:

Just looked at the box score.  Drummond had 9 turnovers...9 turnovers!  How do you get 9 turnovers when Derrick Rose dominates the ball?  I agree some of that has to be on Casey.  

Whatever else may have been wrong about SVG, and a lot was, hard to argue he didn't have a better handle on Andre.         

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I assume this is 90% scary lawyer language.

lets change that last part to read: "our focus is on getting him and us - not necessarily in that order - as much money as possible."

but seriously, sounds like a terrible accident and i hope parsons is ok.

The Pistons like to please everyone.

Win just enough to keep the 8th seed in sight.  But probably never reach it.

Lose just enough to keep a top 3 pick in sight.  But probably never reach it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

The Pistons like to please everyone.

Win just enough to keep the 8th seed in sight.  But probably never reach it.

Lose just enough to keep a top 3 pick in sight.  But probably never reach it.

more like they do just enough to not make anyone happy.

6 minutes ago, Buddha said:

more like they do just enough to not make anyone happy.

That works too.

Every time I Start getting hope for this team they do this.