Jump to content

ROMAD1

The Impeachment Trial of Donald Trump

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, pfife said:

It's actually that the democrats are just trying to distract from state level gun grabber laws

OK that's it, just for that I'm taking your gun.  That's been my end game all along and you just handed it to me on a silver platter.  Also, I'm going to open up those borders so that your cottage in northern Minnesota is infested with Mexican rapists.  Way to take the bait, snowflake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, pfife said:

FYi.... Jeffries is articulate

 

So what are we to make of this?  Jeffries is "articulate"?  "Articulate"?  What is that supposed to mean?  To me, that is dangerously close to saying that he is a credit to his...no sorry, I can't finish that thought.  I don't want to finish the sentence, because then a quote of it could be attributed to me.  It fits Graham though, it fits him like a glove.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

So what are we to make of this?  Jeffries is "articulate"?  "Articulate"?  What is that supposed to mean?  To me, that is dangerously close to saying that he is a credit to his...no sorry, I can't finish that thought.  I don't want to finish the sentence, because then a quote of it could be attributed to me.  It fits Graham though, it fits him like a glove.

It means he's a man you might listen to for entertainment purposes but don't need to take seriously, for obvious reasons.

Yeah - that line is a pretty good example of US dog whistle political rhetoric.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

This tape is the kind of think that I think will matter. Especially after the depth of Trump's repeated protestations that he doesn't know who Parnas is. There are a lot of Trump supporters to whom stronger objective evidence that he is a liar is immaterial, but each time something like this comes out that puts his lying into such stark relief out of is own lips, it's going to peel away some more people hanging around the margins and make every democratic Senatorial candidate's job easier.

I predict the spin will be something along the lines of Parnas secretly recorded the president without his knowledge and that shows how much of an unethical dirtbag Parnas really is.  Everything in the recording was illegally and unethically obtained so we should all ignore everything that was said.   They will surely throw something in there about the Democratic witch hunt even though Parnas isn’t a Dem.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

I predict the spin will be something along the lines of Parnas secretly recorded the president without his knowledge and that shows how much of an unethical dirtbag Parnas really is.  Everything in the recording was illegally and unethically obtained so we should all ignore everything that was said.   They will surely throw something in there about the Democratic witch hunt even though Parnas isn’t a Dem.  

Yep,  for sure.  That's what they do with the Mueller Investigation, and Mueller is a Republican and the Mueller Investigation was started by Republicans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AP is providing stories for the sleepy local Detroit News

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2020/01/24/democrats-argue-right-matters-trump-impeachment-trial/41055031/

I did this drill for the death of Neil Peart and it took a while before a lot of papers caught up with in-depth stories because their entertainment writers all wanted desperately to do that story and likely had to explain to the boss why the death of The Professor was an important story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean how could that person who posted that tweet be the same guy who said "heads on pikes"?  That is just impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Bondy is a different sort of animal

 

I watched a bit of his segment on MSNBC. Maybe he has a bad back or they gave him a bad chair but if not his body language was odd. He was visibly pulling himself back in his chair slumping away from everyone. Probably meaningless but it was hard not to notice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, 'head on a pike' is sort of a go-to for Trump.  Shocked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I watched a bit of his segment on MSNBC. Maybe he has a bad back or they gave him a bad chair but if not his body language was odd. He was visibly pulling himself back in his chair slumping away from everyone. Probably meaningless but it was hard not to notice.

I guess this generations Ron Kuby and Bill Kunstler look more like Max Headroom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

So, 'head on a pike' is sort of a go-to for Trump.  Shocked?

excellent line from one of the threads on that here:

Quote

At least if Republican Senators' heads were on pikes it would explain how they could keep them upright up as opposed to the present mystery of how they do it without having spines.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So according to Trump's lawyers, the Justice Department OLC gets to decide whether an Impeachment subpoena is valid.

That's pretty ******* hilarious.   Sole power of impeachment to the House.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, pfife said:

The feed is 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 right now

 

Somewhere online there has got to be a bingo card with these terms on it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite part of the constitution is where a bureaucrat lawyer in the executive branch gets to declare a House Impeachment subpoena invalid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Really speaks volumes to what the administration thinks about our intelligence 

Projection junction, what's your function ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

 

The 45% of Republicans who want to hear from new witnesses probably mean Hunter Biden et al.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

So what are we to make of this?  Jeffries is "articulate"?  "Articulate"?  What is that supposed to mean?  To me, that is dangerously close to saying that he is a credit to his...no sorry, I can't finish that thought.  I don't want to finish the sentence, because then a quote of it could be attributed to me.  It fits Graham though, it fits him like a glove.

Articulate colored folks is still a novelty for the Lindsey Grahams of the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

I mean how could that person who posted that tweet be the same guy who said "heads on pikes"?  That is just impossible.

"MSDNC". That's probably gonna stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

 

That's because:

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Somewhere online there has got to be a bingo card with these terms on it.

Yeah, that tweet really nailed the favorite Trumper terms.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

I mean how could that person who posted that tweet be the same guy who said "heads on pikes"?  That is just impossible.

He's tearing this country apart

Every every every day

He's tearing this country apart

Now it's his turn now to cry

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      96,825
    • Total Posts
      2,952,786
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...