ROMAD1

The Impeachment Trial of Donald Trump

1 minute ago, pfife said:

Schiff gave us a new standard yesterday -DO WE KNOW WE CAN TRUST HIM?

Given some of the evidence we've seen, I'm not so sure.    I'd think you probably aren't sure either?

But strictly speaking with national security, there are definitely a graduated scale of improvement, and Pence probably would be an improvement.

His competence is questionable but one hopes he won’t choose lickspittals

13 hours ago, tigerbomb13 said:

Oh look at you badmouthing a war hero like that. 

Hey, it worked for Trump  in getting elected when he attacked the Khan family. The Republican voters don't care. They pay lip service to "respecting the troops" but don't want to pay for medical care to disabled veterans or social services for homeless veterans. 

Just now, ROMAD1 said:

His competence is questionable but one hopes he won’t choose lickspittals

I feel a little differently about Pence - I actually think his competence, meaning strictly his ability to do the job, is fine.   I'm much more worried about his judgement given the evidence we've seen.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 313DetroitCity said:

Hey, it worked for Trump  in getting elected when he attacked the Khan family. The Republican voters don't care. They pay lip service to "respecting the troops" but don't want to pay for medical care to disabled veterans or social services for homeless veterans. 

There is a genuine wedge issue in his attitude about the head injuries 

1 minute ago, ROMAD1 said:

There is a genuine wedge issue in his attitude about the head injuries 

I continue to be amazed by veterans and active duty troops who support Trump.

What more do they need to see that he doesn't care about them, or their service? And that he will send them to their deaths without thinking twice?

Pence was Manaford’s choice for Trump’s VP during the 2016 election.

That should tell you something

25 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

It's like their pro-life stance. They want women to have babies but they want the babies to pull themselves up by the bootstraps. (somewhat ironic since red states are the biggest federal leaches)

26 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

I continue to be amazed by veterans and active duty troops who support Trump.

What more do they need to see that he doesn't care about them, or their service? And that he will send them to their deaths without thinking twice?

He's got a machine of memes on all the veteran groups on facebook.  Its no joke how the people I served with fall for it.   I'm pretty obnoxious fighting that jive and I've been accused of being a lot of things by the goobers.  Themes:

1. gun rights.

2. PC culture is so bad

3. 'murica is the country that everyone in the world is leeching off

2 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

If Penn & Teller broke up, what would Teller be like on his own?  That's the question about Pence.

We know he's not as good a man as Gerald Ford and scenes like the water bottle episode indicate he's timid in the face of bullies.

But, not Trump therefore you don't get all the specific criminal ways that Trump is awful.

We have an idea of what Pence would be. We would be up to our eyeballs in religious freedom bills. This is a guy who openly says he adheres to the bible before the constitution. Imagine Rashida Tliab saying she adheres to the Quran before the constitution.

9 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

We have an idea of what Pence would be. We would be up to our eyeballs in religious freedom bills. This is a guy who openly says he adheres to the bible before the constitution. Imagine Rashida Tliab saying she adheres to the Quran before the constitution.

Campaign slogan

Mike Pence: A Different Kind of Nightmare! 

OTOH, does he joke about not leaving after his term?  Do you think he bullies non-partisan officials as much as Trump? 

Of course these people will then need to be punished

18 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

THAT'S BECAUSE WE ARE A NATION FOUNDED ON CHRISTIANITY AND BIBLICAL PRINCIPALS YOU DIMWIT....

• Haha 1

C-SPAN Caller:  Impeachment is a false flag to distract from gun laws being passed on the state level.

At times, I wish Democrats were about 1/8 as strategic as they're accused of.   That said, this couldn't be a dumber conspiracy theory.

^^^ Yep, he basically said he should be removed from office based on the evidence.   Pretty crazy.

It's amazing how misinformed some folks are.   I promise I won't post about every dumb c-span caller, but man....   This dude just said Trump handed over more than 1m documents to Schiff and his cronies.....

That was actually Mueller, who was appointed by the Administration and is also a Republican, not Schiff, but facts totally don't matter apparently.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

He only said that because he wants to pass laws at the state level to take away gun ownership rights.

I totally laughed a lot.   Well done.