Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

2020 NBA Trade Deadline

2 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Probably very reasonable, as that is how any  negotiation works.

Start at asking for lottery level picks, and see where you end up. I'd expect any 1st round pick to be a good deal for Rose.

Starting high is fine, being totally unreasonable isn't.  

Asking for a first in the 20s is high for Rose.  Lottery is absolute lunacy and kind of shows you aren't very serious.  

8 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Asking for a first in the 20s is high for Rose.  Lottery is absolute lunacy and kind of shows you aren't very serious.  

Daryl Morrey is notorious for insane asking prices, yet he continues to make major moves on the market. Without knowing how these conversations are going, I'd say it isn't a big deal. 

This front office doesn't seem to have delusional aspirations. If they can get a 1st rounder of any kind for Rose, I think they will pull the trigger.

Also - let's consider the timing of these discussions. You are still days out from the deadline, teams tend to be more unreasonable now. When they are under the gun to make a deal, the negotiations will tighten up.

1 hour ago, 313DetroitCity said:

James Edwards in the Athletic:  "I am 100% certain Detroit is interested in rebuilding"

This should put some of you to rest with the "Gores will never EVER rebuild" comments. 

They might want to rebuild but being able to execute it is another story. 

It'll be tough to rebuild if they hold on to Rose, Drummond opts in and with the Blake contract running another 2 years. When they actually put the rebuild in motion, then we can start to breathe a little easier.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

I have a buddy who keeps claiming that he heard that Atlanta and Charlotte were both willing to give up their first rounders last year for Andre. But I don't believe it. He claims to have seen one of the reporters say it/tweet it or something, but I don't recall.

I have a hard time believing that 2 lottery teams were willing to part with their pick.

22 minutes ago, NYLion said:

They might want to rebuild but being able to execute it is another story. 

It'll be tough to rebuild if they hold on to Rose, Drummond opts in and with the Blake contract running another 2 years. When they actually put the rebuild in motion, then we can start to breathe a little easier.

They have a 26.3% of a Top-4 pick right now, and a tougher schedule moving forward. I'd say a rebuild is happening, whether guys get moved or not.

I also think the team will be moving some rotation players (whether it is Drummond/Rose/Galloway/Morris remains to be seen). 

If I was a contending team I would totally give a first for Rose.  If I were in that situation I'd rather have Rose for potentially two playoff seasons than a late 1st rounder that probably won't help your team for another couple seasons.

20 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

They have a 26.3% of a Top-4 pick right now, and a tougher schedule moving forward. I'd say a rebuild is happening, whether guys get moved or not.

I also think the team will be moving some rotation players (whether it is Drummond/Rose/Galloway/Morris remains to be seen). 

Well, we do know that the Pistons have a lot of lines in the water but does anyone want to bite is the question.

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

milwaukee has indiana's first, which i bet they would deal along with something like dj wilson.

not sure if milwaukee would be interested in a ball dominant non-floor spacer who doesnt play defense like rose, but he could help them off the bench and could probably thrive being surrounded by such good shooters.

18 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

If I was a contending team I would totally give a first for Rose.  If I were in that situation I'd rather have Rose for potentially two playoff seasons than a late 1st rounder that probably won't help your team for another couple seasons.

im sure the lakers or clippers will trade a lottery protected pick!  if its not in the lottery in the next 3 years, you can have a second.

3 minutes ago, Buddha said:

milwaukee has indiana's first, which i bet they would deal along with something like dj wilson.

not sure if milwaukee would be interested in a ball dominant non-floor spacer who doesnt play defense like rose, but he could help them off the bench and could probably thrive being surrounded by such good shooters.

Is the George Hill injury serious?  Is he going to miss a lot of time?  If not I can't see any reason they would want Rose to replace him.  Hill is shooting over 50% from three this year.

3 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Is the George Hill injury serious?  Is he going to miss a lot of time?  If not I can't see any reason they would want Rose to replace him.  Hill is shooting over 50% from three this year.

lakers could use him but dont have anything the pistons want other than kuzma maybe.

Just now, Buddha said:

lakers could use him but dont have anything the pistons want other than kuzma maybe.

Lakers would be better off using that 1st on Iggy.  They need another wing defender more than a backup PG IMO.

20 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I agree.  Start way too unreasonably high and the negotiations very well might die at that point.

I’m not sure if someone posted it already but I read the lengthy roundtable from the Athletic hoop writers about the current state of the Pistons.  It’s incredibly detailed and tremendously depressing.

On 1/31/2020 at 9:35 AM, NYLion said:

I saw that and it took me by surprise as well. I believe he also said that Luke could be added as a sweetener in a bigger deal. That seems far fetched to me that Kennard would be a sweetener and not a main piece.

He also said that Drummond has a "high" probability of being dealt. I just don't see it. The Pistons are apparently pushing for a 1st and the rumor is really dry for Drummond as per Woj Bomb. I'd be surprised if he's traded unless they just want to dump him at any cost.

I just saw that the Pistons supposedly "made him available".  That's kind of a stupid way to look at it in my mind because who wouldn't be available given the state of the franchise?  They should be listening to offers on anybody and everybody.

That aside, I have a hard time believing we will be able to get decent value for him right now.  Teams are probably going to try to buy low on him.  I think the Pistons figure Svi could be the future now and that is why he has supposedly been made available.  But it is important that we collect as many good rotation pieces as possible and I don't want to sell low on Kennard because he's been injured and Svi is looking really good.  That said, I certainly would not turn a good offer away and I know there are probably teams out there that really like Kennard.  

They need to try to move on from Luke as quickly as possible.   Get something for him now and let his chronic knee issues be someone else’s long term problem 

2 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

They need to try to move on from Luke as quickly as possible.   Get something for him now and let his chronic knee issues be someone else’s long term problem 

The problem is that everyone knows about his knee issues now.

But, still, he is cheap, he is a shooter, he can fit on a team looking to win now as long as he can play out the remainder of this contract.

Sheridan is pretty unreliable.  Not crazy town unreliable, but he misses a lot more than he hits.

32 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Sheridan is pretty unreliable.  Not crazy town unreliable, but he misses a lot more than he hits.

click bait.

Probably a little much since his shooting has fallen off so far.  But that wing defense is so valuable and the teams trading for him will be sending bad picks in the high 20's.  If the pick was in the teens it would just be one for sure.

9 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Interesting. Seems like a lot of NBA insiders are expecting this to be a fairly quiet trade deadline. 

37 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Interesting. Seems like a lot of NBA insiders are expecting this to be a fairly quiet trade deadline. 

I wonder what the timing was of those previous years trades.  Were there a handful early on followed by a bunch in the last week heading into the deadline?  That'd be my guess, but I don't know for sure.