Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

2020 NBA Trade Deadline

Actually, shouldn't the point be to trade him if the experiment worked?

He should have actual value now, teams are starting to call and urgency will ramp up as we near the deadline. Now is the time to cash in on his strong play, now or never. Same goes for Morris, Galloway and Jackson if he keeps up the strong play in the next 5 games or so.

With that said, they're more likely to keep these guys for a playoff "push" than deal them. Thank you crappy east.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

By experiment I meant Drummond, Griffin and Rose combining to be a force in the east.

Gotcha. 

I'm sure that was the hope when they signed Rose but the experiment has worked in terms of individual success and it makes him a more tradeable asset as a result. 

Maybe it's not the expiring contract that is the problem.  Tobias Harris was an expiring contract last year when he was traded.  Look what he brought back.

Shamet is a bench/rotation player.  Then multiple 1st and 2nd round picks.

February 6, 2019: Traded by the Los Angeles Clippers with Boban Marjanović and Mike Scott to the Philadelphia 76ers for Wilson Chandler, Mike Muscala, Landry Shamet, a 2020 1st round draft pick, a 2021 1st round draft pick, a 2021 2nd round draft pick and a 2023 2nd round draft pick. (Pick is top-14 protected.) (Pick is MIA's 2021 1st-round pick.) (Pick is DET's 2021 2nd-round pick.) (Pick is DET's 2023 2nd-round pick.)

Charania’s Inside Pass: Westbrook trying to pull Rockets together, plus more NBA notes and trade talk

Detroit Pistons

Less than two weeks from the trade deadline, the Pistons’ market on center Andre Drummond seems to be stagnant. Three teams that have inquired with the Pistons — Atlanta, New York and Boston — are believed to be bypassing further pursuit, sources said. The Pistons’ asking price of a first-round draft pick or a quality young player has not yielded a quality offer yet, according to sources.

Ugh. We're going to wind up with this clown for another 5 years, aren't we?

I'm curious to see how hard Detroit pushes in free agency if Andre doesn't get traded and opts out.

8 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Is anybody really interested in trading Rose to the Lakers for what ends up being the 30th pick possibly? I'd rather look for a young player on someone's bench like a Zhaire Smith.

I would think there are a few Western Conference playoff teams that would give up their first round pick for Rose that would be better than the Lakers pick.  

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

I'm curious to see how hard Detroit pushes in free agency if Andre doesn't get traded and opts out.

That is the real question.  If the best we can get for him is a second round pick at this point, then I am not going to get too upset about keeping him anyways.  As long as we don't extend him on a large annual salary.  

I think he is opting in at this point if I were to guess.  

7 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Yeah, I think the whole point of Rose was to deal him if the experiment didn't work, so....

they told him they wouldnt trade him unless he agreed to it.

Sam Vecenie from The Athletic released his big board 2.0 for the draft.  His top 5:

Sam Vecenie’s 2020 NBA Draft Big Board, 2.0: Names at the top aren’t performing, so let’s focus on the risers

Rank Player, school/team Pos. Age Ht. Wingspan
1 Anthony Edwards, Georgia G 18 6-4 6-8
2 LaMelo Ball, Illawarra Hawks G 18 6-6 N/A
3 Cole Anthony, North Carolina G 19 6-3 6-4
4 James Wiseman, Memphis C 18 7-1 7-6
5 Tyrese Maxey, Kentucky G 18 6-3 6-6

Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere on here but I just read from a few sites that the Lakers turned down the PIstons proposal of Rose for Caruso and a 2nd.    

I know Caruso is a fan favorite in LA and is start to gather a bit of a cult following but that seems like a light offer?   If the Lakers turned that down does that show how the rest of the league views Rose?  

6 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere on here but I just read from a few sites that the Lakers turned down the PIstons proposal of Rose for Caruso and a 2nd.    

I know Caruso is a fan favorite in LA and is start to gather a bit of a cult following but that seems like a light offer?   If the Lakers turned that down does that show how the rest of the league views Rose?  

Kind of an ironic twist.  That trade would most likely send Cousins to Detroit as salary filler.  

13 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Is this the worst draft in history?

Every draft is the worst draft in history around this time of year.

I don't follow the draft at all so I can only go off what others say.   Sounds like a fairly decent draft for a #2 or #3 type star.  But don't count on getting your #1 option super star type.  

26 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

The Lakers are #1 in the West right now. They have less reason to change their chemistry and rotation than other teams who are trying to become competitors. 

Something else regarding the Lakers.  

Word is Darren Collison wants to come out of retirement and play again.  The Lakers are rumored to be one of the teams he is considering but he wants to wait until after the trade deadline to come back.  So maybe LA has received word they are his pick.