Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

01/15/2020 7:00 EST Detroit Pistons vs Boston Celtics

Recommended Posts

01/15/2020 EST from Boston, Massachusetts...

DET-2020.png  BOS-2020.png

Detroit Pistons (14-27) at Boston Celtics (27-11)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is shaping up to be the best Pistons season since 2007/2008.

They have a real opportunity to tank these next 41 games away and develop some young talent along the way. Trade Andre and Galloway for whatever you can get and play the kids. They are right within striking distance at the 3rd worst record. That would give them the same odds at the 1st and 2nd worst records at the top pick and attaining a top 4 pick- 14 percent chance at # 1 and 52 percent chance at top 4.

Along the way you have Brown, Svi, Kennard, Sekou, Wood, and hopefully Thomas when he returns to get great NBA experience to improve or show what they can do. 

If the Pistons got Anthony Edwards it would be the best thing to happen to them in eons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sekou just turned 19 years old a month ago. Here is what he is averaging over his first 7 starts in the NBA:
 
12.6 PPG / 5.7 RPG on a 50/41/75 split in 30 MPG
 
He has been scoring from 3, on the fast break, off the dribble, in post-ups and moving well without the ball. I have to say, I did not think he was going to look this good early on. 
 
I think the Pistons may have found a cornerstone player in Sekou. May not has the #1 option to lead you to a title, but I can see him being one of the best young players in the NBA very soon. 
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:
Sekou just turned 19 years old a month ago. Here is what he is averaging over his first 7 starts in the NBA:
 
12.6 PPG / 5.7 RPG on a 50/41/75 split in 30 MPG
 
He has been scoring from 3, on the fast break, off the dribble, in post-ups and moving well without the ball. I have to say, I did not think he was going to look this good early on. 
 
I think the Pistons may have found a cornerstone player in Sekou. May not has the #1 option to lead you to a title, but I can see him being one of the best young players in the NBA very soon. 

I don't want to say he has an all around game yet, but to my untrained eye, he does seem to have shown some various skill sets.

So, we know how Pascal Siakam has matured over the years.  Can Casey get a smiliar kind of development out of Doubmouya?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

This is shaping up to be the best Pistons season since 2007/2008.

They have a real opportunity to tank these next 41 games away and develop some young talent along the way. Trade Andre and Galloway for whatever you can get and play the kids. They are right within striking distance at the 3rd worst record. That would give them the same odds at the 1st and 2nd worst records at the top pick and attaining a top 4 pick- 14 percent chance at # 1 and 52 percent chance at top 4.

Along the way you have Brown, Svi, Kennard, Sekou, Wood, and hopefully Thomas when he returns to get great NBA experience to improve or show what they can do. 

If the Pistons got Anthony Edwards it would be the best thing to happen to them in eons. 

Svi is quietly making a case that he can be a really good backup SG next year.

The guy is shooting 43% from 3 as a starting G this season (through 11 games) on 6.5 attempts/game. While not great on defense, he seems to have a good feel for the game and I can see him being passable (particularly off the bench). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:
Sekou just turned 19 years old a month ago. Here is what he is averaging over his first 7 starts in the NBA:
 
12.6 PPG / 5.7 RPG on a 50/41/75 split in 30 MPG
 
He has been scoring from 3, on the fast break, off the dribble, in post-ups and moving well without the ball. I have to say, I did not think he was going to look this good early on. 
 
I think the Pistons may have found a cornerstone player in Sekou. May not has the #1 option to lead you to a title, but I can see him being one of the best young players in the NBA very soon. 

As long as the effort is there, and he is coachable, give him burn and live with the growing pains.

Only bench him if he isn't trying, is wearing down, or keeps making the same mistakes and needs a bit of a break to get his head right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

As long as the effort is there, and he is coachable, give him burn and live with the growing pains.

Only bench him if he isn't trying, is tired, or keeps making the same mistakes and needs a break to get his head right.

The thing is, Sekou is the best SF on the roster right now. Part of that is because we don't have any depth there, but part of it is that Sekou is ahead of schedule with his development. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Understood, but there are understandably rough patches and there are no shortage of coaches that over-react to those.

For sure. Sekou needs to be less forceful on fast breaks and not take bad shots in transition, he needs to improve his passing and he needs to get better on defense. But this guy is really surprising me with how he is performing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:
Sekou just turned 19 years old a month ago. Here is what he is averaging over his first 7 starts in the NBA:
 
12.6 PPG / 5.7 RPG on a 50/41/75 split in 30 MPG
 
He has been scoring from 3, on the fast break, off the dribble, in post-ups and moving well without the ball. I have to say, I did not think he was going to look this good early on. 
 
I think the Pistons may have found a cornerstone player in Sekou. May not has the #1 option to lead you to a title, but I can see him being one of the best young players in the NBA very soon. 

He defends and rebounds, too. He is bursting with potential. Casey is known as a very good player development coach. It appears the Pistons may have really found something.

Now go get a top pick this year and see what you can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sydney_Fife said:

He defends and rebounds, too. He is bursting with potential. Casey is known as a very good player development coach. It appears the Pistons may have really found something.

Now go get a top pick this year and see what you can do.

As it stands, the Pistons are 6th in lottery odds (34% chance of a top 4 pick, and 8% chance of the 1st overall pick). 

I anticipate some veterans being traded soon, so the Pistons could end up increasing their odds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

And he is French, which Buddha would tell you, c'est très bien.

oui.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

I anticipate some veterans being traded soon, so the Pistons could end up increasing their odds. 

Philly was reportedly interested in Kennard.  Given their situation and his age/contract, he could command a decent return, couldn't he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Philly was reportedly interested in Kennard.  Given their situation and his age/contract, he could command a decent return, couldn't he?

Besides Thybulle, the Sixers don’t have any young prospects of interest that they’d trade. So I don’t see a package for Kennard that makes sense.

They supposedly have interest in Galloway as well, so I’d be happy to move him for Zhaire Smith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't be comfortable with this season until they trade Drummond which appears to be more unlikely as these rumors of teams offering virtually nothing start filtering out. I worry that he opts in because why would he opt out and they kick this can down the road another year. Somebody tell me that I'm worrying for no reason.

Otherwise, there are some reasons for optimism finally with the development of some of the young guys and the high draft pick. I wouldn't call Sekou a foundational player quite yet but he's way more advanced than I thought he'd be at this age and the natural skills are there to be a really good player. Something to build on at least.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its fascinating to see Pistons fans evaluations of their players vs people who are not fans and/or watch a lot of other teams play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Its fascinating to see Pistons fans evaluations of their players vs people who are not fans and/or watch a lot of other teams play.

How many people outside of Detroit watch the Pistons? I would venture to guess almost no one. Even professionals whose job it is to follow basketball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

How many people outside of Detroit watch the Pistons? I would venture to guess almost no one. Even professionals whose job it is to follow basketball.

You would be surprised.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Besides Thybulle, the Sixers don’t have any young prospects of interest that they’d trade. So I don’t see a package for Kennard that makes sense.

They supposedly have interest in Galloway as well, so I’d be happy to move him for Zhaire Smith.

Draft pick(s).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

You would be surprised.  

Yes, we would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...