Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

01/13/2020 7:00 EST New Orleans Pelicans vs Detroit Pistons

01/13/2020 7:00 EST from Detroit, Michigan...

NOP-2020.png  DET-2020.png

New Orleans Pelicans (14-26) at Detroit Pistons (14-26)

Losses to Cleveland & Chicago were big last week. A loss tonight would be just as big, as NOP is currently tied with the Pistons for the 6th worst record in the league.

holy cow.  when even dc313 is on the tank train, you know the season is over.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Buddha said:

holy cow.  when even dc313 is on the tank train, you know the season is over.

I would have been fine with a tank last year as well. This year it is just extra obvious given Griffin's health, the expiring contracts of Drummond/Reggie/Galloway, the youth movement on this team (yes, the majority of this team is young and will likely get younger this off-season) and the fact that the Pistons are 12 games below .500 

I never saw this team as being anything more than a 5th seed at best over the last handful of years (to be generous). 

1 hour ago, 313DetroitCity said:

I would have been fine with a tank last year as well. This year it is just extra obvious given Griffin's health, the expiring contracts of Drummond/Reggie/Galloway, the youth movement on this team (yes, the majority of this team is young and will likely get younger this off-season) and the fact that the Pistons are 12 games below .500 

I never saw this team as being anything more than a 5th seed at best over the last handful of years (to be generous). 

Welcome to the team. We meet at the bar to drown our sorrows.

Some team has to trade for Derrick Rose.   He has too much talent and value to waste away on this team.  

no ingram, no favors, no reddick and you STILL LOSE????

lets see what our all star andre drummond did tonight...oh, he got abused by (squints closely at the box score) JAHLIL OKAFOR????

hahahahahahah, please atlanta, give us a second rounder for this guy.  

Pistons let Drummond walk this summer, get the #1 pick and take Wiseman.  

Out with one big who cant shoot, in with another.  

and they were at home!  this team is in amazing tank mode.

new orleans said "oh, we might win this game, lets sit all of our good players.  that will show detroit."

pistons "hold my beer."

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

I didn't watch.  Why did he only play 22 minutes?

1) cause JALIL "BENCH WARMER OUT OF THE LEAGUE NEXT YEAR" OKAFOR was beating his ***.

2) good to see him out practicing shooting threes.  shows how committed he is to playing good basketball.  lol.

10 hours ago, Buddha said:

no ingram, no favors, no reddick and you STILL LOSE????

lets see what our all star andre drummond did tonight...oh, he got abused by (squints closely at the box score) JAHLIL OKAFOR????

hahahahahahah, please atlanta, give us a second rounder for this guy.  

The Pelicans entire starting 5 sat last night.

Jrue, Redick, Ingram, Zion, Favors.

Kenrich Williams, a nice hustle (Kenny Hustle is his nickname) player off the bench also sat. He has started in place of Zion when they are fully healthy for defense/rebounding/hustle.

This team is absolutely pathetic.

It sucks, this could be the year where they really tank and end up with a top 3 pick and none of the players at the top look that attractive. I mean to me this seems like the year where it doesn't matter if you pick in the top 3 or back end of the top10.  

Of course there's still time for a player(s) to separate themselves but as of now guys like Ball and Wiseman just don't excite me that much. 

16 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

It sucks, this could be the year where they really tank and end up with a top 3 pick and none of the players at the top look that attractive. I mean to me this seems like the year where it doesn't matter if you pick in the top 3 or back end of the top10.  

Of course there's still time for a player(s) to separate themselves but as of now guys like Ball and Wiseman just don't excite me that much. 

i was just thinking the same thing.  it would be just their luck to get the top pick in an "anthony bennett" draft.

Doesn't concern me at all.  

This is a 2-3 year process and you are almost guaranteed to have at least one of those years be a down year talent wise.  And the Bennett draft still produced Giannis, Schroeder, Gobert, Adams, and McCollum. 

Plus the next Chris Paul was taken from Michigan in that draft.

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Doesn't concern me at all.  

This is a 2-3 year process and you are almost guaranteed to have at least one of those years be a down year talent wise.  And the Bennett draft still produced Giannis, Schroeder, Gobert, Adams, and McCollum. 

Plus the next Chris Paul was taken from Michigan in that draft.

Oh that is cruel.