Casimir

01/11/2020 7:00 EST Chicago Dead Cows vs Detroit Broken Parts

01/11/2020 7:00 EST from the Pizza Pizza Palace

hqdefault.jpg   Crash-pic.jpg?crop=982:524,smart&width=6

Chicago Bulls (awful) vs Detroit Pistons (awful)

bulls on second half of back to back, on the road, blowing out the pistons.

drummond, the "elite" defender, just stands and watches luke cornet kick his ***.

• Like 1

Bulls have made their last 10 FGs, of course when they are layups or wide open looks things like that can happen.  Still on fire though. 

7 minutes ago, Buddha said:

how do you guys watch this team every game?  

I don't know how anybody could watch every game.  I tune into almost every game but I rarely watch it in its entirety, usually I watch like 20-30 minutes total of each game or I just have it on the TV as background noise while I do other things.  

I love Sekou but sometime he is like a bull in a china shop in transition.  Picks up a lot of stupid fouls by just needlessly running over people. 

dont put it past this team to finish with the worst record in the league.

2 hours ago, Buddha said:

Pot is legal in Michigan.  

5 hours ago, Buddha said:

It’s difficult. But there’s usually some random guy on the other team going off so that’s always fun. 

As an aside... since "pistons" are an essential component of an engine, hence what "drives" the Detroit Pistons...

Shouldn't we be the Detroit Broken Engine?

On 1/11/2020 at 7:35 PM, Buddha said:

drummond, the "elite" defender, just stands and watches luke cornet kick his ***.

Who has ever called Drummond an elite defender? Honestly, this is just silly. 

1 minute ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Who has ever called Drummond an elite defender? Honestly, this is just silly. 

twitter boys.  nobody here ever has.

Just now, Buddha said:

twitter boys.  nobody here ever has.

I mean, you can find people on Twitter who  have the most insane thoughts. The overwhelming majority of people realize both in and outside of Detroit realize that Drummond is an average to slightly above average defender at best. On some nights he can be good (depending on match-up and effort).

1 minute ago, 313DetroitCity said:

I mean, you can find people on Twitter who  have the most insane thoughts. The overwhelming majority of people realize both in and outside of Detroit realize that Drummond is an average to slightly above average defender at best. On some nights he can be good (depending on match-up and effort).

many of the advanced metrics say he is an elite defender.  i think that's more rebounding than anything else, but its not like there is no basis for it.

otoh, i think most of us who watch andre all the time dont see it.

it could be that we nitpick him too much because we see him all the time.

i think the more interesting argument is that the thing that andre does well (rebound) isnt as important anymore in the age of sharp shooting and spreading the floor, and that he doesnt protect the rim well enough and cant (or wont) chase better shooting bigs around the perimeter and that makes him a liability on defense against stretch bigs no matter whether he rebounds or not.

and also that he allows himself to get bullied by bigger bigs and gets too passive.

lots of issues with andre on defense...and thats not even getting to the offense!

10 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

On some nights he can be good (depending on match-up and effort).

Like a lot of Drummond's game, it's all about consistency and game awareness.  It not what he can/can't do, it's what he does/doesn't will/won't do.

Just now, Gehringer_2 said:

Like a lot of Drummond's game, it's all about consistency and game awareness.  It not what he can do, it's what he does/doesn't do.

Game awareness isn't always something teachable. A lot of basketball is about feel and IQ, and Drummond just may not have it. You can hope young players develop it after a few years of playing, but with his age now it isn't something you can hope for.

Also, I don't think it is always about effort with Drummond. Some of it is just the reality of the changing geometry of the NBA court. Plenty of big guys who are generally considered "good" defensive players get played off the court depending on matchup (Capela, Lopez, etc).