Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

01/09/2020 7:00 EST Cleveland Cavaliers vs Detroit Pistons

01/09/2020 7:00 EST from Detroit, Michigan...

CLE-2020.png  DET-2020.png

Cleveland Cavaliers (10-27) vs Detroit Pistons (14-24)

Just now, Deleterious said:

I wish those records were right.

Rats, there goes my new years resolution of perfection.  The records are fixed now, the Cavs are corrected from sucks to suckier and the Pistons are corrected from suckier to sucks.

Cavs, Bulls, and Pelicans at home. Could be 17-24 and right behind a playoff spot at the halfway point. I am excited!

• Sad 1

These are the teams the Pistons play to close out the month sans Celtics and Raptors.

Cavs
Bulls
Pelicans
Hawks
Wizards
Kings
Grizzlies
Nets
Cavs
Nets

We're screwed. They probably aren't trading Drummond being in the "playoff race"  and with the supposed freed up money from Griffin being shelved, I wouldn't be surprised if Gores adds. The soft schedule couldn't have come at a worse time.

2 minutes ago, NYLion said:

We're screwed.

Probably true until Gores sells the team.

27 minutes ago, NYLion said:

These are the teams the Pistons play to close out the month sans Celtics and Raptors.

Cavs
Bulls
Pelicans
Hawks
Wizards
Kings
Grizzlies
Nets
Cavs
Nets

We're screwed. They probably aren't trading Drummond being in the "playoff race"  and with the supposed freed up money from Griffin being shelved, I wouldn't be surprised if Gores adds. The soft schedule couldn't have come at a worse time.

lol. Ignore all reports that say the Drummond trade is likely, and ignore all comments from the front office about not trading future assets for guys who don't move the needle.

41 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Cavs
Bulls
Pelicans
Hawks
Wizards
Kings
Grizzlies
Nets
Cavs
Nets

Also, the Pistons are 5-3 against those teams, and the roster is looking worse now than it did at the start of the season. And many of those teams are playing better. It is not as if the Pistons have dominated bad teams. They are a bad team right now.

43 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

lol. Ignore all reports that say the Drummond trade is likely, and ignore all comments from the front office about not trading future assets for guys who don't move the needle.

As a Pistons (and especially Lions and Edmonton Oilers fan), I'm always conditioned to think the worst until something otherwise happens.

I just can't see Gores selling off his best player if the Pistons are in the playoff race. I'm also projecting that they'll go at least .500 in this stretch so the Drummond trade talk will take on a different complexion from where it is now IMO.

3 hours ago, 313DetroitCity said:

He's using the facts of recent history as the basis for his beliefs rather than media rumors - I don't see the issue. We all hope the Dre trade happens, but I don't think anyone on this board will truly believe it until we see it. Gores isn't an owner that instills positivity in you.

Just now, Deleterious said:

23-14 and their best player hasn't stepped on the court this season.

Sabonis might be making the case that he is the best player on that team. Guy is a rock solid player.

3 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Sabonis might be making the case that he is the best player on that team. Guy is a rock solid player.

He is, but in todays game I will always take the guy who can break down a defense on the perimeter.  

But Oladipo, Sabonis, Brogdon, Lamb, Turner, and Warren are a very solid top 6.  

5 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

He is, but in todays game I will always take the guy who can break down a defense on the perimeter.  

But Oladipo, Sabonis, Brogdon, Lamb, Turner, and Warren are a very solid top 6.  

The concern with that core will likely be injury related, as Oladipo and Brogdon haven't displayed an ability to stay healthy over long periods of time. 

And while there is a lot to like with that core, I don't see them as being championship contenders. They will always be a tough out though. 

I'm sure this will change.  But still sort of crazy.  8 teams finished in the 40's last year.

8 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

what a stupid "controversy".

it will be fun to see all the woke michigan fans on twitter suddenly turn on beilein and call him a racist.

I would fire him for the terrible excuse.

Just own it, tell us you made a mistake and spoke without thinking.  You aren't a racist and this doesn't make you racist.  It makes you a human being that misspoke and said something dumb without thinking.  Welcome to the club, there are about 8 billion of us.  

30 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I would fire him for the terrible excuse.

Just own it, tell us you made a mistake and spoke without thinking.  You aren't a racist and this doesn't make you racist.  It makes you a human being that misspoke and said something dumb without thinking.  Welcome to the club, there are about 8 billion of us.  

i think he probably meant to say slugs.  a coach criticizing his team for "playing like slugs" makes sense.  a coach saying "playing like thugs" (especially this cleveland team which does not play like thugs but often resembles slugs) makes sense.

and im willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt too.

and this is not even getting into why its a fireable offense to call kevin love a thug.  and why its quite accurate to call dellavadova a thug.

• Like 1

It's easier to buy the slug excuse coming from somebody's Beilein's age. I mean I don't think I have ever called anybody that in my life but I can believe somebody of his generation using it. 

Drummond is hilarious. Those dribble drives are just a comedy act at this point. 

What baffles me is the fact that Casey can honestly stand there and watch it. Especially when he’s trying to win!

Sort of interesting about Jackson.

But these are things you apply for no matter what and figure out the details later.  It doesn't necessarily mean Jackson is done for the year.