lordstanley

January 2020 Regular Season Thread

Fired Stars coach Jim Montgomery has entered rehab after alcohol abuse. I wondered if there  was a specific incident, like at a drive-through window, that triggered the firing. 

56 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I'm not going to say anything crude but Tyler Bertuzzi's mom is a mother I would like to...meet?

3 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Fired Stars coach Jim Montgomery has entered rehab after alcohol abuse. I wondered if there  was a specific incident, like at a drive-through window, that triggered the firing. 

The one time the "Sir this is a Wendy's" joke is actually applicable

watched wings on espn+ last night.  First off, espn+ is a great picture.  Better than my tv.  Unfortunately, I had to watch the wings in stunning HD...

some of the goals they gave up were embarrassing.

Brian Burke not impressed by Dylan Larkin sayong he doesn't want to be in the All Star Game.

"Larkin is a good guy and a good player but if you're going to be that stupid do it off camera. If I was Yzerman I'd have gone down and ripped his face off".

10 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Brian Burke had time to comment even accounting for all the time he puts into telling kids to stay off his GD front lawn?

So with all Detroit sports teams sucking so bad, I need to venture farther afield for sports entertainment. I'm going to be in Tokyo and area for 5 days in March. Am due to fly out the Friday morning of opening day of the Nippon Baseball League.  Might be able to extend by a day.The Giants are home that day, the Swallows are not. Presumably a very tough ticket, with the Giants being a glamour team and it being opening day, but worthwhile if I'm able to get tickets?

Happy moms so far. Wings lead Chicago 2-0 late in the 1st. Zadina scores the opening goal.  Then Glendenning scores his 6th of the year, which is the same as Helm and one more than AA.

Sounds like the Wings have about half the crowd in Chicago.

Zadina excites me. He really busts *** out there. Gives me a bit of hope. 

keep it up Wings! I still hate the Hawks. 

Two guys named Dylan - neither of them with the surname Larkin - score within 45 seconds of each other late in the 2nd to tie it 2-2. Then the Hawks score again in the 3rd. So the Wings are facing another loss, just 4 minutes left to tie it.

Watching the past 30 minutes of the Wings game, it has been fun for a change.  At home with pasta and beer for a Wings comeback. Zadina gives the Wings a 4-3 lead over Montreal with 4 minutes to go.

Wings win! The Wings have won all 3 games against Montreal this season. Detroit is killing the Habs' season.

Assist to the crowd (or around half the crowd) on the Canadian anthem tonight when Karen Newman's mic failed:

7 minutes ago, Buddha said:

wait...

did i read that nielsen scored?  twice????

I can now envision Jordan Zimmerman winning 4 games this season.

12 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I can now envision Jordan Zimmerman winning 4 games this season.

lets not go crazy now.