Deleterious

Drummond Trade Rumor

3 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Boston would never go for it. 

...I never said they would. I literally said I wouldn't do it if I were them. But the point is that the author of that article said this:

Since Brad Stevens got to Boston, the Celtics primary center has been asked to do two things: play inside-outside on offense and be able to hold their own on the perimeter in switches on defense.

Kanter is awful on switches. We all saw him get played out of game after game because he gets burned on P&Rs. Drummond would be better than him at this, and to act like Stevens wouldn't dare play Drummond because of his defense is silly. 

1 minute ago, 313DetroitCity said:

...I never said they would. I literally said I wouldn't do it if I were them. But the point is that the author of that article said this:

Kanter is awful on switches. We all saw him get played out of game after game because he gets burned on P&Rs. Drummond would be better than him at this, and to act like Stevens wouldn't dare play Drummond because of his defense is silly. 

Nobody said they wouldn't play Drummond.  The author is telling you why they will never trade for him.  

I don’t need a first. Give me a high second and maybe a young player that’s rotting on someone’s bench. But he must be shipped out before the deadline. To hang on to him is ridiculous at this point. You’ll get nothing when he walks (bad) or sign him to a long term deal (worse) that leaves you In the same mediocre spot for the next 5 years.

5 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

I don’t need a first. Give me a high second and maybe a young player that’s rotting on someone’s bench. But he must be shipped out before the deadline. To hang on to him is ridiculous at this point. You’ll get nothing when he walks (bad) or sign him to a long term deal (worse) that leaves you In the same mediocre spot for the next 5 years.

if drummond is going to opt out, why does it matter if they trade him or not?

is the risk of him opting in that great?

btw, if i were drummond i would totally opt it.  28 million?  for a center who cant play perimeter defense and cant score?  who is going to offer him that kind of money?  the hawks?  the knicks?

now that i wrote that, i can totally see the knicks giving him a huge deal cause....theyre the knicks.

3 minutes ago, Buddha said:

btw, if i were drummond i would totally opt it.  28 million?  for a center who cant play perimeter defense and cant score?  who is going to offer him that kind of money?  the hawks?  the knicks?

It will be fun to see what he signs for this summer.  But I think some team like Atlanta will go $20M a  year.  Sacrifice short term money for long term security.  Maybe he's been talking to Boogie.  I bet he wishes he had signed some long term deal about now.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

It matters because you want to get something, even a second rounder for him. Not doing so is just bad asset management. It also matters because you want to tank and get a better pick. I also wouldn’t mind moving our free cash to a better free agent year. Plus, you don’t want to give this front office another shot at singing him to an extension lest you doom yourself to 5 more years of this. Additionally, trading Dre would officially signal the rebuild and other minor trades that need to happen (Galloway, Rose) to start piling up picks. Not trading him leaves you still in the middle of the road  

if you’re Dre you opt out because you’re not thinking about 28 mil vs 20 mil. You’re thinking about the life of a guaranteed nba contract. So it’s comparing 28 mil to 100 mil. 

Kevin O'Conner on The Ringer NBA podcast reported Drummond wants over $20M a year to sign with Atlanta.  That is one of the reasons they haven't made the trade, according to him.

Ugh, if he can't get that he might opt in next year.  

Around the 43m30s mark.

https://www.theringer.com/2020/1/14/21066159/the-mismatch-shai-gilgeous-alexander-is-a-budding-superstar

3 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Kevin O'Conner on The Ringer NBA podcast reported Drummond wants over $20M a year to sign with Atlanta.  That is one of the reasons they haven't made the trade, according to him.

Ugh, if he can't get that he might opt in next year.  

Around the 43m30s mark.

https://www.theringer.com/2020/1/14/21066159/the-mismatch-shai-gilgeous-alexander-is-a-budding-superstar

OK found the audio in a Tweet.

And I promise this is not me and Betrayer doing a podcast about Drummond.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 4:26 PM, Deleterious said:

I would take Dennis Smith from the Knicks.  No picks, just Smith and matching Salary.

I'd be fine with that.  Let's call Dolan.

8 hours ago, Deleterious said:

OK found the audio in a Tweet.

And I promise this is not me and Betrayer doing a podcast about Drummond.

The league knows what he is.

I will feel bad for Andre if opts out and gets like $10 million per year from the Knicks.

I also think that a stupid team (see Knicks, New York), will give him a lot more than that because he's an "all-star" and they can say they signed a big name player.

Also, Andre is almost to the point of being underrated nationally because people are slamming him so much now.  We all know his many flaws, but he's not a worthless player.  The Pistons just don't run the offense that takes advantage of his strengths.  I still maintain that if you put him in a pick and roll with Trae Young, he'd be a positive offensive player.

On the flip side, if you put him at center with a sieve like Trae Young in front of him on defense....you're defense will be in trouble.  And I also think his main strength isn't as important anymore and can be had for much much much less than $28 million a year.

6 minutes ago, Buddha said:

Honestly, he should opt in.  Which will make me sad.

Of course he should opt in, what other option does he have? Unless he REALLY wants to leave and have a fresh start, he'd be stupid to turn down $28M. I actually think this is a very likely outcome now.

Not sure pro athletes are the most self-aware group.  So I fully expect him to still opt out.

3 hours ago, Casimir said:

I'd like a $28M opt in clause.

MTS has a budget.

How about $28?

We'll buy you dinner whenever the incentives are met (Lions Tigers Pistons & Red Wings all win a Championship in the same year...).

Good?

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Not sure pro athletes are the most self-aware group.  So I fully expect him to still opt out.

They also have agents who help them determine the best course of action. He might be convinced to opt-in. 

I think people are even over valuing Drummond as a PnR player.  I agree he is pretty good at running it.  But I don't think there is much value in that anymore.

If I'm building a team, I want a screener who can pick and pop rather than just roll.  He can either fade out for the open three or roll to the basket depending on how his defender defends the play.  

1 hour ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

MTS has a budget.

How about $28?

We'll buy you dinner whenever the incentives are met (Lions Tigers Pistons & Red Wings all win a Championship in the same year...).

Good?

What's the per diem?  I might take that over the free dinner.

4 hours ago, Casimir said:

What's the per diem?  I might take that over the free dinner.

It's not all that much.

You only need to pay us $1 per day per diem.

Ready to opt-in?