Deleterious

Drummond Trade Rumor

Related to Drummond.  Danny Leroux breaks down the teams that will have cap space this summer.  Pretty ugly list for Andre.

Atlanta - He projects them to have $73M in space.

Memphis - $46M and could be a bit more depending on where their draft pick falls.

Cleveland - Roughly $30M in space.

Charlotte - About $27M.

Knicks - Knicks are crazy.  They could be over the cap or have about $51M in space.  All those guys they signed this summer were signed to two year deals with the second year not guaranteed.  So they could be cut if New York needs space this summer, but the more likely scenario is they keep everyone and have a ton of space in the summer of 2021 where the free agent class is supposed to be good.

He also lists Phoenix and New Orleans.  But he says both are better off probably using the MLE.

NBA offseason spending power tiers: The teams with cap space that will use it

the knicks signing andre is just something the knicks would do.

32 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Who will want Rose?  What will that trade look like?

The BEST Rose trade:

Rose to Toronto for Pat McCaw, a 2nd round pick, and Stanley Johnson.

17 minutes ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

The BEST Rose trade:

Rose to Toronto for Pat McCaw, a 2nd round pick, and Stanley Johnson.

giphy.gif

17 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Who will want Rose?  What will that trade look like?

I don't know the pick & cap situation for all of the contending teams, but I have to imagine there are a lot of teams that are looking at the 2-9 seed that would love to have the second leading point creator coming off their bench. Injury risk is a concern, but when you already have a legitimate starting PG and Rose is a strong locker room guy on a 1.5 year contract, it's worth it.

When I start getting paid GM money, I'll diagram all the options ☺️ But, the point is that we should be looking to move assets for picks and collect youth rather than giving them extra minutes to win meaningless games that hurt our draft stock.

So the other question is will you be ok when gores signs Drummond as a free agent this offseason? 

i can see him being traded, opts out and gores brings him back. 

RIP Drummond trade rumor.

NBA Trade Big Board: 16(ish) players who could move before the deadline

Yet while Detroit’s talks with Atlanta regarding Drummond were revealed by ESPN last week, a source with knowledge of the talks downplayed the prospect of that deal happening. While Atlanta’s brutal season (8-30) has added significant pressure to bolster the roster and give young star Trae Young more help, the Hawks, per a second source, could have landed Drummond already if they were willing to include a first-round pick in the deal. Boston and Dallas, it’s worth noting here at the top, are known to be looking for a big.

not sure how a boston trade would work unless they included hayward.  drummond and galloway for hayward and a pick?

would we want hayward?

Is this Sam Amick guy more credible than Woj? I doubt it so I wouldn't exactly put the Drummond to Atlanta rumors to bed. However, I do believe that they'd have a hard time parting with a 1st for him even a protected one.

Gores or whoever the GM is nowadays (Stefanski, Rose whoever) needs to get out of their head that Drummond has big value. The value is creating cap space and not signing a limited big man to a cap crippling contract. Just don't let him walk for nothing, get what you can for him.

• Like 1

So: Who’s at Dwane Casey’s disposal to take some chances with?

Pistons fans will probably be rending garments for a while about the Stan Van Gundy regime drafting Luke Kennard rather than Donovan Mitchell back in 2017. But before he went down with bilateral knee tendinitis, Kennard was having a career year, averaging 15.8 points, 4.1 assists, and 3.5 rebounds per game, and shooting 39.9 percent from 3-point range. With Griffin and Reggie Jackson in and out of the lineup, the 6-foot-5 guard had to take on a larger role in the Pistons offense, especially as a pick-and-roll facilitator. Nearly 28 percent of his offensive possessions used this season have come as the ball handler in the pick-and-roll, per Synergy—almost double the share he used as a rookie—and he’s getting more efficient at generating offense in the two-man game, ranking in the 78th percentile in points produced per pick-and-roll possession. These kinds of plays help erase skepticism about whether Kennard could be more than a spot-up threat at the next level, and support those evaluators—like Ringer draftnik Kevin O’Connor and some NBA scouts—that said the Duke standout is “not just catch-and-shoot”:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/1/10/21059996/nba-most-interesting-carmelo-anthony-blazers-grizzlies

kennard looks like he could be a decent player.

but let's not let that distract from stan's horrible draft record as we note that donovan mitchell might make the all star team this year and one of the guys he's going to have to beat out to do it is devin booker.

49 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Amick is extremely credible. 

Ok, I never heard of him before so I'll take your word for it. 

does anyone here consider andre an elite defender?  i dont.  but people cite numbers up and down saying he is.

i dont see it.

36 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

He's not elite IMO.

seems like most of his statistically great defense is built on his rebounding rather than anything else.

Last I looked he was in the top 10 in blocks and steals too but with that said I don't think he is that good of a defender.  He's like the defensive back that gets burned alot but racks up some interceptions so people perceive them to be good. 

29 minutes ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

Let them.

Oh, absofreakinglutely.  Probably a best case scenario to have them with serious interest.  All resources available should be planting seeds in James Dolan's head that Drummond is the Knicks' ticket back to being a true NBA power.