Deleterious

Drummond Trade Rumor

you are going to going to get a back end 1st rounder(Nets) from Atlanta plus some other garbage. It's as good as you can do. Gores has admitted defeat and they are in full tank mode now.

23 minutes ago, kdog said:

you are going to going to get a back end 1st rounder(Nets) from Atlanta plus some other garbage. It's as good as you can do. Gores has admitted defeat and they are in full tank mode now.

This is a major victory.

At this point, the Pistons' best leverage with respect to Drummond is to have as many teams involved as possible.  If teams start dropping, its time to take the best deal available.

Galloway, Rose, whomever else that isn't young and cheap, take what you can get.  There isn't anyone on this team to build around except for maybe Doumbouya.

Embiid might be wearing out his welcome in Philly.  His entire thread/rant is fun.

18 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Plan to listen later.

If you're looking for some perspective from the other side.

Just listened to it, he basically says the same things as some of the posts here.  Questions the decision to trade for him now but does say there is some value to it cause of Bird rights and getting him familiar with the culture, says he would help the Hawks but is an overrated defender(evidently Hawks fans were telling him he was an elite defender), says the Mavs, Celtics and Raptors are rumored to also be involved.  Didn't really suggest any trade offers other than pointing out the expiring deals and extra picks they have, said perhaps the Hawks would get desperate and offer a Collins or Reddish but he thinks that's highly unlikely.     

He also says you should treat him like he is a couple years older cause he came into the league young so he has more wear and tear on him, that is one thing I disagree with.   For one the Pistons have only played 8 playoff games, in that tenure I'd imagine most players have played alot more than that, for another he was never a high minute player.   Finally whether you play your 20 and 21 year old years in the NBA like Andre or play them in Europe or College you're still going to put a beating on your body.  Of course its more in the NBA but its not like the alternative was playing 2 years in the NBA or spending 2 years enhancing your body.    The players that are Andre's age but have less NBA experience were still busting their butts every day, probably playing pick up games for hours on end putting stress on their body just like an NBA player would. 

If a team like the Hawks wants Drummond, it seems to make sense to trade for him now. It's like Paul George. George was never going to sign with Oklahoma City until he played there and experienced playing there. He also got poached from OKC but I don't think Drummond is a player superstars are going to poach. 

I don't like when leaks like this happen and then nothing gets done.  I think it lessens the chances a trade happens between these two teams as time goes by.   

Usually once a leak happens it means that particular deal is dead. But, it also means they’re talking to teams about that player, which is a nice change of direction in Dre’s case. 

On 1/4/2020 at 12:20 AM, Deleterious said:

Plan to listen later.

If you're looking for some perspective from the other side.

Simmons refuses to shoot. Harris is an average 3 PT shooter at best. Richardson is an average 3 PT shooter. Al Horford is shooting below average from 3. So the strategy with Philly in the playoffs will be to play zone (which the good teams in the East can do) and force Embiid into bad decisions (which he is prone to). 

Even more concerning, Philly's defense has not been what it was advertised to be. With the starting lineup they have, they should be much better. 

1 minute ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Simmons refuses to shoot. Harris is an average 3 PT shooter at best. Richardson is an average 3 PT shooter. Al Horford is shooting below average from 3. So the strategy with Philly in the playoffs will be to play zone (which the good teams in the East can do) and force Embiid into bad decisions (which he is prone to). 

Even more concerning, Philly's defense has not been what it was advertised to be. With the starting lineup they have, they should be much better. 

who do you hate more: philly or donald trump?  lol.

1 minute ago, Buddha said:

Embiid talks like he is the GOAT but hasn't been able to get his team to the ECF.

Definitely root against them and their annoying fan base. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Buddha said:

He's not wrong though. Philly has lots of issues.

I actually liked Embiid when he came into the league. I thought it was refreshing to see a player who spoke his mind and wasn't buddy buddy with all the opponents but man has he become increasingly annoying this season. I've gotta imagine that he's not an easy teammate to play with.

4 minutes ago, NYLion said:

He's not wrong though. Philly has lots of issues.

Didn't even mention their depth/bench. Horford doesn't look right to me, and Embiid is always one play away from being out of a playoff series. These guys could be in trouble this year, and I really believe they need to re-evaluate the Simmons/Embiid duo. There is no reason Embiid should be on the perimeter of any offensive play like he is for Philly. And the cause of that can be directly linked to Simmons.

So who leaked?

The Hawks trying to drive the price down on Adams and/or Dedmon?  Seems plausible and the most likely scenario.

The Pistons?  Doubtful since they don't want to upset Drummond.  If it was Detroit it wasn't a strategic leak, it was someone going rogue.  

Drummond trying to convince the league he is wanted.  Small possibility.  

If there are any point guard starved playoff teams out there, I got to think Rose warrants a first round pick.  Great closer, which is what you need in the playoffs.  

15 hours ago, Hart said:

If there are any point guard starved playoff teams out there, I got to think Rose warrants a first round pick.  Great closer, which is what you need in the playoffs.  

They posted a stat in the last game: He's second in the league in points created off the bench (created = points + assists). I think there are probably a lot of playoff teams that would love to have him coming off their bench and might be willing to give up a first (which would be a late first). Question is whether or not those teams actually still own their first round pick to give it away.

I think there's a lot of potential here to create a youth movement in a hurry:

Pistons are bad - Could get a high 1st round pick this year.
Dre - You could get a medium to high 1st round pick as part of the return
Rose - You could get a late 1st round pick
Galloway - You could get a late 1st or early second

That's four 1st round picks if they handle it right, plus their own high second rounder. 5 good picks! Add that to Sekou, Kennard, Brown, and Wood and you've got a pretty young team going into next year to start developing. If Blake gets healthy for next year, you could look to move him around the middle of the year when he only has 1.5 years left on his contract.

Question is whether this front office can make it happen and whether Gores will let them go all in or make them walk the middle of the mediocrity avenue to try to compete next year when Blake returns.

20 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

They posted a stat in the last game: He's second in the league in points created off the bench (created = points + assists). I think there are probably a lot of playoff teams that would love to have him coming off their bench and might be willing to give up a first (which would be a late first). Question is whether or not those teams actually still own their first round pick to give it away.

I think there's a lot of potential here to create a youth movement in a hurry:

Pistons are bad - Could get a high 1st round pick this year.
Dre - You could get a medium to high 1st round pick as part of the return
Rose - You could get a late 1st round pick
Galloway - You could get a late 1st or early second

That's four 1st round picks if they handle it right, plus their own high second rounder. 5 good picks! Add that to Sekou, Kennard, Brown, and Wood and you've got a pretty young team going into next year to start developing. If Blake gets healthy for next year, you could look to move him around the middle of the year when he only has 1.5 years left on his contract.

Question is whether this front office can make it happen and whether Gores will let them go all in or make them walk the middle of the mediocrity avenue to try to compete next year when Blake returns.

I'll believe Gores lets the front office go the route it should when I see it.

I wonder if Morris might fetch a pick in return?  He's been shooting well this season.

might depend what they think of this year's draft talent too.

5 hours ago, Buddha said:

might depend what they think of this year's draft talent too.

Even if it's a bad draft, do you have a choice?  Dre is a free agent. Galloway is a free agent.  Rose could be traded next year but who knows what kind of season he will be having next year.  I would think his value is peak right now because he is playing great, he is cheap, and you get him for two playoff runs instead of one.  

Build up the picks and hope you hit on at least 1 or 2 of them.